Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blade Sentinel

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by StormGuy85, Feb 6, 2004.

1. StormGuy85

StormGuy85 IncGamers Member

Blade Sentinel

Okay, Blade Sentinel has a timer that inreases per level. I noticed that with 1 point into it, I was able to keep three out at any given time. However, I was wondering if there was a maximum ammount of how many you could have live at a given time. If I were to max it, I could theoretically have tons of them flying about. Does anyone know if the ammount is capped?

2. MariahCareyLover

MariahCareyLover IncGamers Member

I just maxed it for fun :D No cap at all like the other traps have, so you can have quite a few in air. I doubt these things will do good on hell, but it's sure fun to play ;)

3. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

I think it's fun too

My trapper has a single point in it, and since I have so many + to traps, I thought I may as well try it out. Very cool skill. It appears to need more testing though. this is what the faq has on it:

Q: What mods work on the Blade skills and Kicks?
    A: For BSentinel(main claw only: i.e. the claw you equip first, or the one that's left if you unequip one claw)
    What works
    -Elemental damage (3/8)
    -Weapon Damage
    -Pierce Target (natural)
    -Deadly Strike
    -Leech
    -Chance to cast on Attacking (unconfirmed)
    What doesn't work
    -Chance to cast on Striking

I am particularly interested in Crushing Blow and Slow Monster. I suspect that with these 2 mods you could really wreak havoc :)

HIJACK ALERT HIJACK ALERT! (where are you Dark512?) As an aside, Does anyone know if Blade Shield carries Slow Monster? And if it does, would the ammount of slow be based on the time of casting or the time of attack? For that matter, same question for all the effects carried by blade shield. Also with blade shield, it says it has a range of six. Does it hit every monster in range once per second, or a single monster in range once per second?

4. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

supposedly cb does not work.

5. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

I could have sworn that somewhere that it is capped like the other traps so it's limited to 5. I've never tested it but if you take into account the casting delay you're still looking at 6.5

I read another thread where someone was testing it for PvP and it worked well. I know the Druid's grizzly did surprisingly well since minion damage is only nerfed by 1/2 instead of 1/6th for player characters. If the sentinel is counted as a minion it might actually rock for PvP.

Anyone else try?

6. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

sawse: Hit Slows Target as been confirmed not to work.

Also, BSentinel does count as a Trap, at least as far as the 5 trap cap is concerned. Clicky. (second paragraph)

7. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

I would guess that puts a hard cap on Blade Sentinels at 5. Plus very few mods transfer.