Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blade Sentinel in pvp

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Crazy Person, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

Blade Sentinel in pvp

I'm seriously thinking about maxing this skill on my next WW sin, I could even do WW/traps and use trap charms to raise the level higher.

I actually was able to kill some sorcs/zons/druids (no real good chars, I dont expect it to be godly or anything.) using only Blade Sentinel and CoS.

a few questions though. because ive never even thought about using this skill before.

has anyone maxed this skill?
    I dont care about the dmg it shows, most of the dmg will come from venom/ow/ds/my claw. but as you put more points in it the duration gets higher.

it also seems to hit WAY more than BF, I can cast 10 or 20 BFs before one actually lands a hit, but BS seems to hit almost every time, does it work the same way as BF (ie uses your ar) ?? because it really doesnt seem to.

it also seems to have a built in semi-tracking, and I Really like it. nothing makes people say "WTF? HAXR" more then killing them with Blade Sentinel.

oh, and if I were to get it to say, level 40. how many could I have out at any given time?

2. Anidem

Anidem Banned

Yea blade sentinal actually hits when it should. BF needs AR even though it says it dont and really kills what could be a cool skill. Let me see, I spend mana to throw a weapon that needs AR to hit, Hmmmmn? Screw that gimme a damn cruel hyperion javelin and let me see my AR!
    I believe you get 1 blade sentinal no matter how much you invest so dony bother past 1 point.

3. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

no, you can cast more than one.
    at lvl 8 (base 1) I can cast 3 or 4.

4. Anidem

Anidem Banned

Really? i'll give that a try since BF just causes me heartbreak.

5. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

no one knows anything about this skill? I guess ill go test it some more in pubs..

I killed 2 BoTD barbs today using only BS and CoS. so It is viable.

6. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

The tricky thing is if your oponent moves , his defense will be zero. And since he doesn't want to get hit by a Bsentinal he will try to move away. Thus his def = zero. And your chance to hit him will be alot higher , since only the lvl difference is calculated in there.

7. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

another thing that I noticed isthe timer bug (bug?) where if you cast it you have to wait to cast DF, a huge draw back..

it does do good dmg if OW kicks in though, and it does seem to hit a lot.

8. MsgBoardHobo

MsgBoardHobo Member

Thats false. My blade fury assassin has nothing but str and a huge dmg two hander to increase its dmg and hits everytime unless the creature or person blocks. Not one point in dex.

9. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

no, hes right. it has an AR check. im not sure about sentinel and shield though.
    you must be thinking of pvm, where its not a huge issue. but in pvp you will notice it takes 10-20 shots to hit a high def barb.

10. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

I'd be curious if someone found a good reason to use Blade Sentinel. I thought that it couldn't activate CB or OW.

11. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

it can activate OW but not CB.
    and I Want to use it because its a unique build and semi viable. I dont expect a tele necro build.

12. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

Using a malice claw with 100% OW then?

13. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

yes ive tested it with malice. and it works really well with 100% OW.

14. ch0cobo

ch0cobo IncGamers Member

Does Blade sentinel leech??

So it only activates the OW right?

Oh! and one more thing.. Do you guys reckon that BS will do more dmg in 2 handed weapon (ie: pike.. cruel war pike.. etc2) or more dmg in 2 claw? (ie: dual bartuc, or dual cruel scissors katar.. etc2)??

15. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Does anyone know why crazy was banned? I didn't notice it until now. :)

16. GIR

GIR Banned

If you're that interested, just do a search of all posts by him, and I'm sure you'll come across it. I've done it before on other boards.

As for Blade Sentinel... I was actually playing around with this a bit earlier. I never really touched it before and thought of it nothing more as a pre-req to Blade Fury. Personally, I think it's mainly a PvM skill, because of the tracking ability mentioned earlier. I tossed one out into a crowd of Carvers. In a situation where there's a mass of creatures all grouped together, it doesn't just fly out in a straitght like, it will go around off the "track" a little bit. I actually had one do a 360 degree circle earlier and took out 6 Carvers in one quick swoop.

As for PvP... I don't really know. I have to question as to whether the damage on it would be noticeable at all. Not to mention if would really require your opponent to be standing still. While it will deter from it's path, it's only slightly, so it could be easily side-stepped. Not to mention the delay between being able to cast a second one. That really leaves you open. I would have to say it's best used in an up-close situation, though. Due to its slow travel speed it will be absolutely usless to anyone standing more than... say... 1/8 to 1/4 of a screen away, who's playing with their eyes open. I guess the ideal situation would be your opponent standing almost right in front of you, you cast it out just behind him/her, so it will hit on the way out, and on the return trip back. Definetly don't click on the persons name as a way of casting it, because I've had problems with it stopping just before it hit a opponent/monster, and flying back before it hits. It might be a good deterent vs. melee who charge at you. The thing I like is that it will stop wherever you click your mouse, so you can make it fly pretty much as far/short as you want, though like I said, in PvP it will be useless at long range. I suppose in melee vs. melee it could help a bit. It will cause damage while you're hacking away with your weapon of chioce. I don't see it being any good agains casters though, especially if they teleport.

17. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member