Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blade Fury...

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Ritslev, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Ritslev

Ritslev IncGamers Member

Blade Fury...

Greetings..

I've been working for a while now for a complete Blade Fury Sin... Done a lot of testing and worked my way through a LOT of gear... Before though I start to write a full guide about it..

Is there anyone interested in such a guide?

(Why do I ask.. Cause 90% of these posts are about Trappers / Kickers / WW and C/C)

2. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

Dude if your character is more fun than it is frustrating, than a guide won't hurt and I think most would look into it.

There was a small guide about Dsentry/Bladefury ahile back, I don't know it's been reposted or not though.

I would like to know a few things about Fury:

-If I use Dtalon as my main attack, or Dragon claw for that matter, does the Ar bonus, form the skill, transfer to my Bfury attack.

I know claw mast has been said to apply to Bfury, if claw equiped, so ya.

-If not takin' Ar from my other skills than is it only calculated from my dex/mastery (if claw) and -enemie defense mods?!

If my last question turns out to be true, than that sucks. How'd you fix that? Or did you need to?

See I have questions.:) So a guide would definitely help. What other skills does your build use?

3. Malachi

Malachi Banned

Maybe use an Ignore Target Defense weapon ?

4. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

I don't wannna!:rant:

;)

Actually I really don't want to...there aren't too many good weapons I like with that mod. Nat's claw, with whole set is probrably the only one I'd consider, but then champs will romp me if I rely on that alone, you see....

It's a problem I've seen addressed in some threads and people can work around it, of course. I just forgot what they said and the thread monster ate up those old posts.:)

5. jrichard

jrichard IncGamers Member

Beatboxer,

Unfortunately, BF's uses the AR you have with a normal attack. So, CM will affect it, the AR coming from charge-ups or finishing moves won't. The common ways to deal with the AR issue would be angelic ammy/ring, -target def mods, the unique club demon limb and it's enchant charges, and using a malice claw combined with CM. ITD is only a partial solution to the problem as it doesn't work against champions or boss type monsters.

jrichard

6. Malachi

Malachi Banned

Each time I see a Light Saber I am thinking of making a Saber Cat for it.

It has ITD and is just a nice weapon. Since PS and TS work with non-claws, and since 1.10 added that Blade Fury thing I think it could be a fun build (I know, not a super powerfull one). Of course ITD wont work on certain monsters but almost every 1.10 build has issues like that (immunity's and all) so I do not see that as a show stopper.

Loads of BoS (still need to calc what is needed for fastest attack) and a lightsaber are just.... jummy. Maybe some serious mind blast on the side to make a jedi inspired build (I believe there was a 1.09 Jedi Assassin guide for that).

7. jrichard

jrichard IncGamers Member

Ritslev,

There's probably a need, but i'd warn of a couple of things. Either focus on a particular build or refuse to get sidetracked from anything except for BF. If you try to broaden the scope of it too far, it'll turn into a nightmare for you.

jrichard

8. Dark512

Dark512 IncGamers Member

hehe this old chestnut , socket nats with an ETH wear a Raven Frost that will solve ya problem(and give you more cold damage and CBF to boot !). BF is great for my trapper wearing the full nats set she melts LI's with it :) as it transfers all the fire and frost damage from nats to there asses also pitty the demon/undead as they also take +200% damage. And some Blood Gloves with Crushing Blow/Dracs to taste.

9. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

Excellent.:thumbsup:

Sounds like a right nice plan for my trapper.:cool:

Nm Meph can drop Nat's?

10. Dark512

Dark512 IncGamers Member

yea HoneyTrap's lv 80 and has No Immunity problems in the Pit.

nope as you can see

http://www.d2data.net/item/set_natalya.html

it Hell Pindle and up , maybe you ought to trade for it ?

11. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

I think your right...thanks.:cool:

12. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

Please put together a Guide about Blades

I think many people see BF as a support skill and will use it some of the time with other builds. DTalon builds come to mind. But I think that a trapper could equally make use of BF for a different source/type of damage, CB and OW and PMH; not to mention the defensive and strategic advantages. So if nothing else it will be a great source of knowledge for people coming at it from that frame of mind.

I also think, however that a build using almost exclusively BF is possible. It may not be the strongest ever, but I'd like to see someone knowledgeable write a guide and get some criticism.

For example, Its taken me a while to try to figure out the AR of BF, there is a lot of misinformation on these pages about the problem. So talking about how you get a decent AR would be of great interest. Don't forget the possiblity of using a BA merc.

I also look forward to seeing the enormous variations possible from using hit striking mods at a distance at good speed, talking about the differences between a BF sin and an amazon. Talk about which mods work the best, if any were surprisingly good. Obscure mods from items you might not think of normally using. Sources of extra damage, slowing, chilling, freezing, OW, CB, PMH, etc. Also all the spells that can cast when you hit, static, lightning, chainlightning, meteor, enchant (lava gauntlets).

Talk about how Venom interacts, some people still think 100% Venom damage is transfered with BF, as an exemption from the ranged modifier for elemental damage.

Talk about levels of leaching

Methods of Keeping things off you. MB, Knockback, Minions, CoS.

There is so much to talk about when talking about BF, a guide is a necessity. And I agree, only talk about using BF. At most list other builds it works well with, but don't go into detail about them.

The only exception I would make to the last subject would be Blade Sentinel and Blade Shield. Even if you don't want to research this area, possibly others can provide some content that would be at the very least a good resource. These skills are even less researched than BF. People are suggesting that high level Sentinel is decent help in PvP. I think talking about this might be worth while.

But I think a Blade Guide is a necessity. Even if almost everyone only looks at it as a resource before making their trapper or DTalon build. Thinking they will use BF situationally. I think the guide would help them decide how best to do that. If I can help I will. And I'm interested to see if any of it would help with building hybrids.

13. Dark512

Dark512 IncGamers Member