Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blade fury with duel claws

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by ThyForbidden, Feb 4, 2004.

1. ThyForbidden

ThyForbidden IncGamers Member

Blade fury with duel claws

Is the damage of the two claws averaged? highest damage?
    I want to make a blade fury assassin that use duel claws.. i'll likely not go with any of the uniques because the damage is ***, but I've been considering a two handed weapon, say a 700 damage axe or spear, how would that compare to 220 or so damage duel claws?
    Though then I lose claw block(this will be my first c/c assassin out of over 10 good assassins), maybe I'd put it on weapon switch for people that can't touch me.
    I believe a 1.2k BOTD spear would do 4.5k blade fury, though I'm not so sure.
    With bartucs(136, they on a test assassin so they suck with dmg) and level 5(with +skills) claw mast the blade fury is 415 damage.. Nearly 4x, though with low claw mast.

Does clawmast raise AR of blade fury? How would I go about makign AR high so they don't miss? I've realised they are total *** with low AR.

2. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho IncGamers Member

Nope. THe dmg are not averaged. In fact, it takes into account which claw you place first. The problem is, like with a C/C kicker, that order can be 'changed' by the game every time you take a WP, a TP, launch the game, etc ...

3. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

Also, 2-handed weapons, when used for blade fury, only get half of their listed damage.

You're better off using single hand weapons. Also, BF does require Attack rating, so if you're using a non-claw, it will be tricky. My BF assassin has used Ethereal Hexfire and Crescent Moon runeword axes. Both have Ignores Target Defense... this helps IMMENSELY... against bosses it doesn't, but my traps, merc, and shadow usually get me through that time.

This is PvM, by the way... if you're talking PvP, I don't know what setup would be of use for BF.

4. ThyForbidden

ThyForbidden IncGamers Member

im pretty sure it uses AR, even though not listed... I tried hitting a level 80 paladin without a sheild on.. rarely ever hit.

5. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho IncGamers Member

Yes it uses AR (it's written somewhere in the 1.10 assassin FAQ)

6. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

it uses the AR listed under 'normal attack' so its really low. =/

7. Anidem

Anidem Banned

No CM does squat for BF! This is a complete waste of a skill!