Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blade Fury Weapon Help

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Stile58, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Stile58

Stile58 IncGamers Member

Blade Fury Weapon Help

I joined in the Rune race with my BF/Trapsin yesterday. She's currently level **, With maxed LS,DS, and about 6 points in WoI. She has yet to do Diablo, as I felt she was a bit underpowered. Needless to say, it took me about 45 minutes to clear the RoF, on players 3, from wp to wp.

I'm currently using dual Bartuc's, and have been using her to run the pits, where she can do a full clear in about 15 minutes at players 5 wearing mostly mf equipment - P.Topaz Shako - P.Topaz Skullders - 14% Tal Belt - Ali Baba and Rhyme on switch.

I believe I may have wasted a few points(5 or so) early on as this was my first attempt at this build, But feel she may still be Mat. worthy with a good weapon switch for Blade Fury.( at least I hope so). If not , she will be forever
    destined to run pits,pits and more pits.

So, What would be the best weapon to use for BF??

My thoughts were a Crescent moon in either a sword or axe. Preferably 1 handed so I can still use Tiamat's for the added resists and elemental damage.

Hone Sundin for the crushing blow, and that's really all I could think of.

I'm also planning on using Guillames face and Gore riders for the added crushing blow and deadly strike.

Any insight as to possible weapons and weapon types are appreciated.

Also if anyone has matted a BF/Trapper, what items did u use, and what were your skill placements?

Thx -Frank

2. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Hmmm... one handed weapons with CB...

There's the runeword Kingslayer (Mal + Um + Gul + Fal) but those are high level runes. As far as uniques, I don't know too many.

But I wouldn't sacrifice a shield for a 2-handed weapon, especially in hell.

3. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

If you want CB, you can always use a Strength claw (25% CB). Chaos is also handy although it has OW rather than CB.

Malice in an Ethereal one-hand weapon is good too (-def, OW).

And you can always use a Black runeword too (40% CB, great other mods).

Worried about Diablo? He shouldn't be that tough... dump 5 LS around him then continually smack him with Blade Fury. You don't need a tank, although you will need to run around a lot to dodge his attacks. His minions should give you more trouble...

4. Select

Select IncGamers Member

you could use ColdCraw(or whatever its spelled) for open wounds, put on guilliaum's face and goblin toe boots for crushing blow, and then get yourself a cresent moon runeword weapon(preferably in a zerker axe or other high dmg one handed weapon) if you want claws...strength is good for crushing blow and malice for lots of open wounds. if you go with strength you can switch to gorerider boots.

5. StarWarz2

StarWarz2 IncGamers Member

There's always one of the ITD weapons (although that won't help with Big D). I'm getting ready to use a Crescent Moon in a Phase Blade, and putting a strenght into this nice nifty little 2 socket claw I was gifted with earlier today ... :D

Anywho, there are those.

Cheers!

6. the_alphabetman

the_alphabetman IncGamers Member

I'd say Fleshripper and Lightsabre are both good choices if you have them.

7. Stile58

Stile58 IncGamers Member

Thanks for the responses . I think I'm leaning towards a Crescent Moon. I have the runes, and hopefully getting a 3 socket ettin axe from Vorbiss's giveaway. The ITD - -LR - and static field are just awesome stats. With Blade Fury shooting about 5 times per sec, That's a lot of chances for static to go off. :thumbsup:

8. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Cressant Moon is the choice for the ctc on static it really helps but if you want other suggestions any ctc will work well also mana leech and life leech work well. My all time favorite weapon for blade fury was the Chaos Runeword but I doubt you have the runes for that, since they are higher end (mine were dupes for trying).

9. Moog_playa

Moog_playa IncGamers Member

Depends on a couple things...if you're using claw mastery, then use a claw...any high-damage claw works well, and mastery gives you the extra AR. Maybe add a few grand AR charms.

Otherwise, anything big....but keep in mind, ITD does NOT work on bosses, champs, superuniques, etc. So Crescent Moon is great for average monsters, but you'll have trouble hitting the big boys.

Maybe something with -% monster defense...use Eth runes perhaps...maybe a Nightfish-style Eth-Eth-Eth-Eth-Shael-Shael Phase Blade on switch with lots of crushing blow, then switch to a Bartucs or Firelizards or Jade Talon for the kill?

Other than that, some big huge massive giant weapon works well :D

10. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

take a dri.. a mace

Crushflange normal
    Fleshrender Exceptional
    Stormlash Mace elite

not the best , but not a bad choice.

11. StarWarz2

StarWarz2 IncGamers Member

Hmmm.... I've noticed the ITD get's real ... questionable with champs, bosses, etc. BloodRaven in NM was interesting 'cause I could never hit her.

I've got to wait a little while to use the Chaos claw I put together last night. Spent some time cubing runes... :D Only 5.5 more levels to go. And about another 20 pts in strength.

Cheers!

12. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

Don't forget glimmershreds. They don't have the static, but they're pretty slick as well. It would be good to put the Crescent Moon in an ethereal 1-h sword--BF doesn't take off durability.

13. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Oh, and you can use a Demon Limb on switch for the Enchant charges. Lots of AR and a little Fire damage boost too. Dump it in the Cube with appropriate rune and gem to replenish the charges.

14. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

ort rune that is :)

15. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

and a chipped amethyst

16. strijdje

:scratch: ?? i never used a chippy with it, only a ort

17. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

It's:

Weapon + Ort = repair
    Weapon + Ort + chipped gem (any) = repair and recharge

18. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

I was under the impression that an Ort rune only repaired the weapon and an amethyst with an Ort repaired and recharged the weapon.

1 Ort Rune + 1 Chipped Gem (any kind) + Weapon = Fully Repaired and Recharged Weapon
    You cannot repair ethereal weapons.
    from AS

I guess the type of chippy doesnt matter!

19. strijdje

:worship: thnx shade

i never used it for recharges :teeth: so i though an ort would do enough

20. ricrestoni

ricrestoni IncGamers Member

Just spend the gold, it is not as if you are planning to buy a nice beach house near the Kurast Docks!