Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blade Fury questions/observations...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Moog_playa, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Moog_playa

Moog_playa IncGamers Member

Blade Fury questions/observations...

Your comments necessary...perhaps. I've been playing my Furysin..I looked at Ritslev's guide in the assasin forum for suggestions, but hvae been sort of doing my own thing. One big thing I've noticed is that Fury doesn't seem to need AR to hit...I think it always hits if you aim correctly. There's no attack rating displayed on the character screen, and, for example, if I switch to a regular attack, and my AR gives me a pathetic 50% chance to hit, I'm sure hitting a lot more than that. Elemental damage does its thing on every blade that passes into a monster.

Secondly is his use of static field. While useful, there's a big problem with this...Static originates from the caster, not from the creature struck, so if you play this type of character like I'm doing...more like an amazon...then you won't get much use out of static field.

Otherwise I'm having a blast...took DeQorl from lvl 40-ish to 80 in the last couple days, using mainly fury, a rogue merc, and an occasional death sentry to mix things up a bit.

2. Stile58

Stile58 IncGamers Member

I've been playing my Trapper/Bf sin since the Beta. She's Lvl **, Still haven't gotten her to Mat. yet :scratch: . All the stories I hear about the WSK have her a bit timid atm. Maybe a mp game would work.

If she's casting static, I have to assume your using Crescent Moon Runeword. This has ITD, so yes on regular monsters she will hit alot.
    Keep in mind tho that ITD does not work on bosses(or has lowered returns depending on boss type). IIRC BF is AR dependant for other weapons.
    I know my sin hits around 50% of the time, as noticed by her leech swirls.
    This is still pretty good tho considering the number of blades she spits out.

As far as the static field goes, I cast CoS and then sneek in closer to the mob.

Does anyone Know what the Area of Effect is for level 17 SF??

3. cholerajoe

cholerajoe IncGamers Member

Funny thing BF is. I decided my Lightning trapsin wasnt going to use any BF at all after I put a couple of points into it. What I did was I reinstalled a previous back-up char. That took me from lvl 77 down to level 50 again.
    What kind of damage are you doing with BF? My damage was pretty pathetic but then I was only casting it at level 11.
    Do you think BF is a viable skill in hell diff?

4. Stile58

Stile58 IncGamers Member

I'm at work right now, So I'll have to check when I get Home. The damage will be low tho since it doesn't gain any str. or dex. modifiers and only uses 3/4 weap. dam. However it does get all the bonuses from your gear. CB - OW - DS - and ctc skills. This helps to take down the LI monsters in hell quite effectively.

5. jrichard

jrichard IncGamers Member

Actually, BF does gain benefit from str and dex modifiers. It doesn't take the base damage of the weapon for the 3/4 modifier. It takes the damae that weapon displays on the char screen. Trappers generally have very low str and dex as well as almost no claw mastery, so they won't have very high listed damage for BF. Instead, a trapsin using BF must look for CB, ITD, %chance to cast on striking for Damage from BF.

Cholerajoe, the damage added by putting points into BF itself is pretty pathetic. Put one pt. into bf and look to increase it's damage through your weapon. Adding to BF ups the mana cost to cast it without giving much damage increase in return.

Moog_playa, BF does do an AR check. It takes the AR you would have for a normal attack. It doesn't show on the char screen, but it does do the check. That's why ITD or AR boosting mods are so sought after by furysins.

jrichard

6. Stile58

Stile58 IncGamers Member

Yep, looks like jrichard's got it right, 469 - 866 normal attack and 365 - 665 with Blade Fury. my bad :uhhuh: . Thanks for pointing that out.

7. the_alphabetman

the_alphabetman IncGamers Member

Yes, jrichard is right. With my LS/BF assassin, I can notice a big difference in hit percentage between using a claw for BF (Claw Mastery) and using some other weapon. When I use a Lightsabre for ITD, I hit nearly every time.

8. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Note that ITD doesn't hit all the time, the level difference factor is still there and there's still a 95% max chance to hit.

Personally I have BF as backup for my Talonsin for those areas where there are Oblivion Knights. End-game weapon will be Azurewrath which will give a nice amount of elemental damage on the BF (along with OW/CB from Dracul's Grasp and Gore Rider).
    Another good option for a BF weapon is a Chaos Claw. As a claw it benefits from Claw Mastery AR (solving to_hit problems) and damage boost and it offers some really nice mods for ranged attacks.

9. the_alphabetman

the_alphabetman IncGamers Member

Personally, non-claw weapons without ITD or -% Target Defense don't hit enough for my tastes. It's not as if I've been skimping on dex since I put in two points per level to keep my block up.

10. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

Keeping a Demon Limb in stash for lvl 23 enchant's AR bonus on a furysin is very useful, as well.

11. Moog_playa

I use the Demon Limb trick myself, but normally I use a claw...in fact at the moment I use the full Nat's set, although sometimes it's other combinations, like my Enigma with a Chaos (which is annoying..can't attack when you're shooting orbs.)

Damage at the moment is like 800-1300 per blade-ish? This is going from memory here, and with maxed Venom. And it's quite hell-viable. I'm in act 5 right now, going strong, playing at players 2 or 3, otherwise it's too easy, but then I have decent gear.

12. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Chaos Claw is just fun with blade fury. And the best part of all is you can place it in a claw with "staff mods" so you can play a bladefury/death sentry quite well with that claw as your only weapon.

13. Moog_playa

Imagine, however, attacking with blades, and everytime the Frozen Orb fires off, your blades stop. It works just like you're a sorceress, with casting times, etc. This can be quite hazardous to your health with cold-immune monsters...they just walk thru the orb and thump you.

14. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

I've played chaos claw blade fury with death sentry and fire blast it was one of the most versatile assassins I have ever played. Plus the casting delay can easily be lowered with a few "% faster cast rate" items just like a sorc. You are right the CI monsters can be tricky but if you have death sentries and fire blast as back ups you shouldn't be using the blade fury when facing CI so it wont be a problem.