Blade Fury damage

OhNoMatt

Diabloii.Net Member
Blade Fury damage

I asked some questions about Furysins a while back, and I have some more :)

Basically I can't decide if I should max Blade Fury or not. Bear with me here, maybe I'm totally off base, but here's what I see: If I have a 100-200 dmg 1h wep (best I could ever hope for, mostly cause I'm not rich enough to spend big items on an ethereal weapon that only my assassin would use), then I do 150 avg. damage. Blade Fury level 1 does about 10 dmg, and adds 3/4 wep damage (~115 dmg). That's 125 dmg total. If I max Blade Fury, that's 100 extra damage. I go from 125 to 225 dmg per hit. With BF's fast attack, lack of resistance, and crushing blow from items, this seems like a significant damage increase. Anything I'm missing?

I realize this means I have less skills to spend elsewhere, but it seems like I could put Death Sentry and/or Fade at level 10 and not lose that much power (especially since I don't really like the idea of relying totally on Death Sentry when i'm supposed to be a Furysin).

Last but not least, would Blade Sentinel maxed out be at least fun to play (even if it's not super-powerful or anything) as a companion to Blade Fury, or is it just not worth the points needed?

Thanks, sorry about my longwinded writing style.

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
I would say to not max the skill. It increases mana cost dramatically, and that extra damage bonus from Blade Fury is added after your ED multipliers. That means your ~115 from your 150 damage weapon is still increased by strength (dex if applicable), auras, claw mastery (if using a claw), Might aura on a merc, etc. However, the +X on Blade Fury does not get increased (but it won't get reduced either).

You are better using a weapon with Static/CB/OW than relying on high physical damage anyway. :)

OhNoMatt

Diabloii.Net Member
hmm... didn't know that about the Blade Fury +damage.

As for mana cost though, it looks like maxed it's 3.3 mana... wouldn't I be able to get that back alright if I had mana steal, or am I wrong?

Part of the issue is that I want to use a Passion runeword weapon, just for kicks, and try out zeal when I'm bored with Blade Fury, so I'll be a bit restricted in terms of lacking crushing blow and high damage (although Passion has OW and a huge AR increase, I think).

I guess my biggest worry is the mana cost... if it really is too high to leech back easily, I'll probably avoid maxing BF.

Dad Daniel

Diabloii.Net Member
If you have C/C while using blade fury, it seems like the +damage from the skill is added from the both claws {actually you will have 2 x (+ Blade fury damage}.
Maybe this is a bug? Someone could explain that?!?

BIGeyedBUG

Diabloii.Net Member
Dad Daniel said:
If you have C/C while using blade fury, it seems like the +damage from the skill is added from the both claws {actually you will have 2 x (+ Blade fury damage}.
Maybe this is a bug? Someone could explain that?!?
I don't see any indication that this is the case. Keep in mind that if your second claw has +skills on it, it'll increase the BF skill damage.

harley98

Diabloii.Net Member
your math is a little off i think. if you do 100 damage normal attack, you will be doing 75 damage when useing blade fury because you only do 75% of you normal damage (not added).

example:

100 weapon damage + 100% (from might merc) = 200 damage + 100 elemental damage = 300 damage then figure in blade fury % (75% damage) =225 damage then you add the + damage of blade fury 10 =235 total damage.

its a bit more complicated but this is as basic as i can explain it, i hope i didnt confuse anyone.