Blade Fury Assasin

lextalionis

Diabloii.Net Member
moi said:
But say, you put only 10 points in fade. With no + to skills, that's 54 resist all instead of 64 resist all with 20. Is 10 more resist all really worth 10 skill points?

FADE is good for the minus damage reduction too. At level ten with plus skills you will get to maybe 20? But at twenty you get to maybe 30 damage reduction, meaning that you'll be at max damage reduction with just a shako, which you'd want to wear anyway, unless you are wanting to wear guillium's helm. Plus, when you are maxing your resists or raising your maximum resists and trying to maintain that level of resists points in FADE do help.

Second, what other skill would you have them max. Don't only say its bad, say what you'd rather have the points in. Something to remember is this if you are going to be using FADE all the time and you don't have anywhere else to put points, why not put as many points in FADE as possible?

Third, Fade really frees up your gear in two ways.

One you don't have to use a stormshield or a shield at all for resists. You can also drop a lot of your defensive moded items and search for offensive modded items. This is definately an advantage. Whether it be maxing out your poison damage or adding some other form of damage

Two, if you are poor, then this can highly suppliment your gear. Getting you to max resists and getting you to max damage reduction.

Lastly, you can really enhance your FADE too by using the +6 Weapon Switch to , 2 +3 Shadow claws for casting it and casting Venom.

I understand diminishing returns, but at somepoint, if more points somewhere else aren't going to help and you are going to use the skill all the time. For some people maxing the skill will be the right thing to do.

All that being said, at some point the very rich will be using a stormshield or whatever anyway, and more resists and more Damage reduction may not be best for that build, even if they use Fade at level 1 or level 10. Because it helps them more than BoS.
 

moi

Diabloii.Net Member
lextalionis said:
FADE is good for the minus damage reduction too. At level ten with plus skills you will get to maybe 20? But at twenty you get to maybe 30 damage reduction, meaning that you'll be at max damage reduction with just a shako, which you'd want to wear anyway, unless you are wanting to wear guillium's helm. Plus, when you are maxing your resists or raising your maximum resists and trying to maintain that level of resists points in FADE do help.

Second, what other skill would you have them max. Don't only say its bad, say what you'd rather have the points in. Something to remember is this if you are going to be using FADE all the time and you don't have anywhere else to put points, why not put as many points in FADE as possible?

Third, Fade really frees up your gear in two ways.

One you don't have to use a stormshield or a shield at all for resists. You can also drop a lot of your defensive moded items and search for offensive modded items. This is definately an advantage. Whether it be maxing out your poison damage or adding some other form of damage

Two, if you are poor, then this can highly suppliment your gear. Getting you to max resists and getting you to max damage reduction.

Lastly, you can really enhance your FADE too by using the +6 Weapon Switch to , 2 +3 Shadow claws for casting it and casting Venom.

I understand diminishing returns, but at somepoint, if more points somewhere else aren't going to help and you are going to use the skill all the time. For some people maxing the skill will be the right thing to do.

All that being said, at some point the very rich will be using a stormshield or whatever anyway, and more resists and more Damage reduction may not be best for that build, even if they use Fade at level 1 or level 10. Because it helps them more than BoS.
lvl 30 fade plus h crest only gives 40 PDR. as for other skills to max, 10 in fade, 20 in venom, 20 in shadow master, 20 in death sentry, and 20 in cloak of shadows (which does not have diminishing returns btw), 1 in blade fury, and all prereqs, is 102 skill points (lvl 91 with all quests). Max cloak of shadows for the - defense, easying AR problems. Shadow master makes a good tank. Venom to add damage to your blade fury, Death sentry for killing power.

As far as freeing up your gear goes, 20 fade gives only 10 more resist all than 10 fade, like I said before. The 54 resist all from lvl 10 does free you up to make other gear choices, I agree. But the extra 10 from level 20 doesnt help you much more really. I'm not sure why you bring up Stormshield as good for resists? A very good shield, but it's so-so in that respect.

The fact that you can enhance your fade on weapon switch is reason to put less points in, not more. Assuming all you have is +6 on claw switch, thats lvl 26 fade, or 67 resist all, vs lvl 16 fade, or 62 resist all. Your 10 additional skill points now only bought you +5 to all resistances.
 

Deepfriedspam

Diabloii.Net Member
Here is my problem with maxxing both Fade and Venom, they overwrite each other, you are either Faded, or you are Venomed, there is no middle ground here. So to me, you need to decide, resists, DR, etc. or a little extra poison damage. Fade, in this build, seems to win hands down. This also frees up 20 skill points. Or, am I missing something?
 

lextalionis

Diabloii.Net Member
Deepfriedspam said:
Here is my problem with maxxing both Fade and Venom, they overwrite each other, you are either Faded, or you are Venomed, there is no middle ground here. So to me, you need to decide, resists, DR, etc. or a little extra poison damage. Fade, in this build, seems to win hands down. This also frees up 20 skill points. Or, am I missing something?
What version of the game are you playing????? In 1.10 venom is separate from both BoS or FADE. So you can BoS and Venom or Fade and Venom, but not Fade and BoS at the same time.
 

Deepfriedspam

Diabloii.Net Member
lextalionis said:
What version of the game are you playing????? In 1.10 venom is separate from both BoS or FADE. So you can BoS and Venom or Fade and Venom, but not Fade and BoS at the same time.
Well I hadn't messed with Venom in 1.10, so I didn't know. lol. Makes more sense now.
 

mantrid_drone

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice guide! It's great to see people try out the seldom used skills and find something really nice.

My question though, could you take this build and use more of the other blade skills effectively? Blade fury is great for dispatching single targets, but a little harder for killing a large group. Blade sentinel seems pretty neat though. The blades pierce through monsters and move back and forth. If you cast them right, it could decimate a crowd. The damage per hit is lower than blade fury though.

Or maybe even put a bunch into blade shield for when you get swarmed.

Has anyone tried this? It sounds pretty fun being a "Blade Mistress" of sorts, but will it work?
 

Ritslev

Diabloii.Net Member
Thank you for the compliment.

I tried on my first build with only the blade skills. I even maxed :
blade fury / blade shield / blade sentinel.

While it actually worked in Normal and NM. As soon as I hit hell I was ripped to shreds literally!

I do though beleive if you follow my guide you will be able to take down LARGE groups with no problems what so ever...
 

Ritslev

Diabloii.Net Member
Not using 1.10? Ahhhhs

Well this guide is (as these forums demands) made for 1.10..

I hope that clears up what parts of my guide you didn't understand... or disagreed upon.
 

sawse

Diabloii.Net Member
The radius on the corpse explosion from death sentry can get insanely large at higher levels. This is probably the best way an assassin has to deal with large groups.
 

Deepfriedspam

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, my new Furysin is now lvl 40, pts in all relevant skills is 1, except for 15 in Fade. and the rest in Venom, currently maxxing venom before finishing off Fade. Right now, I have on Rattlecage[will upgrade it at some point], Goblin Toe, Guillaume's Face, Ceglaw's gloves, Manald Heal[for mana leech], Eye of Elitch, a rare ring with dual leech. Anyway to make a long story short, this is a fun build, and it tears up Baal's Minions in normal in full 8 player games. Until i get the stuff together to make a Crescent moon runeword, I am aiming to use my Shadow Killer Battle Cestus once i reach the lvl for it. Anyway, I have to admit, this is the most fun i have had with a character from the start.
 

moi

Diabloii.Net Member
Deepfriedspam said:
Well, my new Furysin is now lvl 40, pts in all relevant skills is 1, except for 15 in Fade. and the rest in Venom, currently maxxing venom before finishing off Fade. Right now, I have on Rattlecage[will upgrade it at some point], Goblin Toe, Guillaume's Face, Ceglaw's gloves, Manald Heal[for mana leech], Eye of Elitch, a rare ring with dual leech. Anyway to make a long story short, this is a fun build, and it tears up Baal's Minions in normal in full 8 player games. Until i get the stuff together to make a Crescent moon runeword, I am aiming to use my Shadow Killer Battle Cestus once i reach the lvl for it. Anyway, I have to admit, this is the most fun i have had with a character from the start.
yeah :clap: i had a crappy furysin, but thanks to this guide, i've started a new one, and so far he's doing good :thumbsup:
 

Deepfriedspam

Diabloii.Net Member
moi said:
yeah :clap: i had a crappy furysin, but thanks to this guide, i've started a new one, and so far he's doing good :thumbsup:
Yeah, this guide is great. Right now, I am using a Spineripper Poignard, a suprisingly handy little weapon for the end of normal, beginning of nightmare. I am trying to decide though, do I stick with Guillaumes Face, or do i eventually use Blackhorn's[unique death mask] for mods like PMH. I am hoping to find another source of PMH so I can stick with Guillaumes.
 

Ritslev

Diabloii.Net Member
:)

Thank you.. those posting about this build and how it works for them....

That is really nice to see that people are actually folloing this guide and finding it as amusing and fun as I have.. more so they are finding it works.
My compliments
 

Deepfriedspam

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I have assembled all your equipment choices, Ritslev, except for Atma's, Gore Rider's, the belt and the weapon. Right now I am using a Gloomstrap Mesh Belt, and have a Nosferatu's Coil in stash, which is basically Siggard's is it not? I think, for me, the hard part will be finding a stormlash or Crescent Moon weapon. :O) But it is a fun build, I finally died for the first time in NM, when a desynch got me while i was rushing around looking for a wp, lol. The survivability of this build is a big selling point to me. If you play it methodically, you will rarely be chugging potions let alone be in danger of dying.
 

Ritslev

Diabloii.Net Member
:) :)

You've made some good substitutions... Yes the Siggards is Nos.

Only died once? See that is part of the whole idea, staying on your feet, so it sound slike Yo'uve gotten the idea of this build, playing methodically.

There is no doubt Atmas is a cool peice of the puzzle, I am though wondering personally if the multi castings of Necro curses cancels out teh Amplify Damage.. If this is the case there is no doubt that changing to Highlords Wrath is what I'm going to do .. I'm still in the testing phases of this but will notify this forum should anything enlighten me.

Your weapon..
Wait wait and wait more... till you can get an ETHERAL 3 SOC 1 HANDED SWORD or AXE... seriously... if you got the runes, go for a Eth Cryptic Sword.. ....it.. well it just amase me each time I put it on.

while yes I have the benefit of having a Stormlash(jah) I still from time to time get nostalgic and use my Cryptic Cresent Moon. It still holds its own even in hell ... though the more players the less and less it works...
Players 1-4 it works fine..
Players 5-7 it's ok .. desent not great but it gets the job done.
Players 8 .. sadly to say .. the static is just cast too infrequently

Once you get Gore Riders.. HEHE .. you'll see a BIG change in your damage too..

If U play on Europe : Realm.. look me up. Acc : SonOfRa
 

Deepfriedspam

Diabloii.Net Member
Ritslev said:
:) :)

You've made some good substitutions... Yes the Siggards is Nos.

Only died once? See that is part of the whole idea, staying on your feet, so it sound slike Yo'uve gotten the idea of this build, playing methodically.

There is no doubt Atmas is a cool peice of the puzzle, I am though wondering personally if the multi castings of Necro curses cancels out teh Amplify Damage.. If this is the case there is no doubt that changing to Highlords Wrath is what I'm going to do .. I'm still in the testing phases of this but will notify this forum should anything enlighten me.

Your weapon..
Wait wait and wait more... till you can get an ETHERAL 3 SOC 1 HANDED SWORD or AXE... seriously... if you got the runes, go for a Eth Cryptic Sword.. ....it.. well it just amase me each time I put it on.

while yes I have the benefit of having a Stormlash(jah) I still from time to time get nostalgic and use my Cryptic Cresent Moon. It still holds its own even in hell ... though the more players the less and less it works...
Players 1-4 it works fine..
Players 5-7 it's ok .. desent not great but it gets the job done.
Players 8 .. sadly to say .. the static is just cast too infrequently

Once you get Gore Riders.. HEHE .. you'll see a BIG change in your damage too..

If U play on Europe : Realm.. look me up. Acc : SonOfRa
Well, I now have died a few more times in NM act 5 baal runs, mainly again due to lag, but oh well. :lol:

Um is going to be the hard part of putting together the Crescent Moon weapon of my dreams, I have Patriarchs that can solo act 5 hell np, so i am sure i will find a weapon to put the runes in, just a matter of getting those runes. It's still nice though, to be in an 8 player baal run, and have players asking "what are you wearing/using?" especially when Lister pops and i target him and he dies within 10 seconds, :bow:
 

felixdamajiccat

Diabloii.Net Member
spam what weapon have you been using through normal and nightmare, because i've tried a few and am not sure where i'm going wrong, i tried using a malice but the damage just seems a little bit too low, just curious as to what you've been having so much success with at a low level til i can use my crescent moon
 

Ritslev

Diabloii.Net Member
felixdamajiccat said:
spam what weapon have you been using through normal and nightmare, because i've tried a few and am not sure where i'm going wrong, i tried using a malice but the damage just seems a little bit too low, just curious as to what you've been having so much success with at a low level til i can use my crescent moon
Here is what I wrote down as I did this guide....
Started out with a 2 Socketed Sabre with 2 chipped amethysts in it (lasted till level 9)
Moved on to Civerbs. That carried me on for a long time (lasted till level 18)
Found a 4 Socketed Flail and popped 4 P Topazes in it (Lasted till level 35)
Moved on to Alis (Yeah it does work, the 2 sockets I popped in P Saphires which I later removed) (Lasted till level 44) (Here I started to use Tiamats Shield so the damage really came from that)
Use Nats Claw on and off for a while.
I used thal DeahBit for a while. (This took me to level 61)
Then Cresent Moon Cryptic Sword (And took me the last few steps to 82)
Lastly Stormlash (Still using it)

Most of my early gear relied upon elemental damage. The damage to be blunt came from my Tiamats which I could use at level 38.
The Cathans Amulet and Dual Cathan rings also helped out with their +30 fire damage.


Low level weapons I suggest you try :
Hexfire
Coldsteel Eye
Ginthers Rift
Plague Bearer
Nords Tenderiser
Hell Plague
Crushflange

(Note not all of them have the dex rquirement I mentioned in my guide, thus some of them you won't be able to use, if you follow my guide strictly... if you don't follow my guide and go for more dex to block and so on, well then that is a way to go too. These are though with the stats I choose... high elemental damage, and some other nifty stuff. Don't just look at the weapons damage, look at the addede elemental damage)
All Weapons with a LOT of sockets and then pop in the jewels U need.. as high as possible all of course within your level range. Malice is a nice weapon, I tried it and as you found it to just not do the trick..

I hope this helps.. if not let me know
 

Ritslev

Diabloii.Net Member
jsin said:
What is a good hotkey setup for this build?
I have :

F1 : Blade Fury
F2 : Death Sentry
F3 : Cloak Of Shadows
F4 : Shadow Master
F5 : Mind Blast.

F6 : Fade.
F7 : Venom
F8 . Town Portal
F9 : Burst of Speed

Dunno if it's good it jsut works for me
 
Top