Blade Fury Assasin

lextalionis

Diabloii.Net Member
Tanatus said:
Well in terms of raw damage per blade nothing can beat eth kingslayer legendary mallet ... its 1 handers weapon, have highest average damage in game for 1 handers and not to expensive to built
How exactly are you planning on putting KINGSLAYER in a mallet???

Kingslayer
4 Socket Swords/Axes Mal + Um + Gul + Fal
+30% Increased Attack Speed
+230-270% Enhanced Damage (varies)
-25% Target Defense
20% Bonus To Attack Rating
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
50% Chance of Open Wounds
+1 To Vengeance
Prevent Monster Heal
+10 To Strength
40% Extra Gold From Monsters

Tanatus

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh my bad was looking on Passion for what it can used and stats of kingslayer....
Btw beast and doom in eth ettin axe looks pretty nice too... or! in a scouge (for those you like low min damage ... :bow: )

YomoKimyata

Diabloii.Net Member
Atticus said:
dear GOD that's amazingly good! i doubt i could pry it away from you >.>
hehehe, well I am busy trying to put together my Zealot on East Ladder -- If I get tired of that project, it may be available

Ritslev

Diabloii.Net Member
YomoKimyata said:
maybe i finally have a use for my baby: www.agonybowl.com/diablo/screenshot015.bmp
There is no doubt it's a nice weapon.

Just not for a Furysin.

There is no doubt either it will kill things fast, it has though some flaws :
- no elemental damage worth mentioning.
- no chance to cast anything (yes preferably static of course).
- no crushing blow / open wounds.

A good weapon but lacking some great mods. Kingslayer would be better, and even an etheral cresent moon berserker axe or ettin axe would compeat with the damage .. not on the min max damage, but the other stats make the rune word better..

Just my thoughts really.

ehawk

Diabloii.Net Member
Well my Assassin has inched up to level 35, and just killed Baal. I have had great success with shieldback hold (unique spiked shield). Lots of Lightning charms, one that has an AR +100. I also have a rare ring with some +AR. My Death Sentry isnt that good yet so my main killing is thru BF. I nice rare war axe with lots of lightning damage works well with shieldback hold. Have not found anything with CB on it yet though. Baal did drop a spirit shroud which replaced my platemail stealth.

Tanatus

Diabloii.Net Member
Along this tread was an interesting idea invest 1-3-6 points into FireBlast and as such boost efficiency of DS (shot more times). Since Furysins dont using DS for lighting damage rather as a cleaning area mashine more blasts per trap looks extremely attractive to me

Griffin

Diabloii.Net Member
Dexterity

Just a question about dexterity...Looking at your equipment, nothing at all requires any dexterity, and you don't have high block anyway. So all the 75 points you invest in dexterity is really doing is adding AR. It seems like there's better ways of doing this than using so many stat points. I'm also worried about the number you chose...it seems sort of random. You're doing it to add some AR, but you don't do it enough to prevent you from having massive AR problems. It seems like it would be better to just ensure that your equipment takes care of it, and leave dexterity at base. More life is always good, and I could definitely see just wearing an Angelic amulet and 1/2 Angelic rings. Voila, AR problems solved. No half-assed attempt at getting dexterity required. Atma's Scarab does not seem too important, and neither do the rings. All the curses overwrite each other anyway, so you really don't want to have too many. It seems like it would be wiser to put no points at all into dexterity, and use the Angelic stuff. You really don't lose that much. I'm not sure if being frozen affects the rate of Blade Fury, if it does the Raven Frost clearly has to stay. Although it would be quite possible to just Cham your helmet too. Carrion Wind doesn't seem terribly important...it's basically just the Twisters...nice, but by no means necessary. Wouldn't you rather fix all your AR problems? Those Angelic bits add quite a bit of life too. Am I completely missing something, or would this method work better? It fixes all your AR problems in one fell swoop, and you really don't lose anything necessary at all. I'd like some feedback please.

Ritslev

Diabloii.Net Member
Griffin said:
...Looking at your equipment, nothing at all requires any dexterity, and you don't have high block anyway. So all the 75 points you invest in dexterity is really doing is adding AR....
Well there are a few reasons but you're absolutely right.. not all the dex is needed.

Q : Why 75 dex?
A : I have this principle.. stat points have to be 25 / 50 / 75 / 100... so when I add dex I add up to a certain stat... this is foolish some will say, but to me the estethic look is also important.. just like when I choose a Cryptic Sword rather than a Beserker axe... to me looks matter.

Q : So why raise Dex at all ?
A : Cause the weapons I used before Stormlash requires dex... so you're correct i'ts not for the AR... but only to equip the item.

Griffin said:
... Atma's Scarab does not seem too important, and neither do the rings. All the curses overwrite each other anyway, so you really don't want to have too many. It seems like it would be wiser to put no points at all into dexterity, and use the Angelic stuff. You really don't lose that much. I'm not sure if being frozen affects the rate of Blade Fury, if it does the Raven Frost clearly has to stay...
I've opted to move from Atmas to Highlords Wrath.. as my 1.10 guide illustrates... About the Froze state vs Blade Fury... Being 'Frozen' doesn't mean you slow down with the speed of the blades. I use Raven for the AR + Dex. As for Carrion Wind... You can replace that with a LL ring or any other ring you want, LL is thuogh slightly important, and since my belt doesn't provide any, and my gloves only provide only slight LL that is why I choose Carrion. That and cause .. once more... I like the 'look' of the twisters.

Summation : If you do have an AR problem you should use Angellic rings + amulet... though if you don't (Cresent Moon Rune word or Jah in your Weapon for Ignore Defence as well as Demon Limb for the Enchant on it) then there is no need to switch around really.

Rings = optional.
Amulet = Highlords Wrath..

SonOfRa

(Note : the following thread is the updated version of this one... feel free to check that out : http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=168832 )

Tanatus

Diabloii.Net Member
Its argueable but I presonally prefer have low life and maxed block aka str enouth to ware gear you want, dextr for max (or at least 66%) block and only leftover goest to vit.
About AR ... Ravenfrost good for couple things one of em cold absorb other massive dextr as well as some AR boost. Second ring I'd go for dwarf star or/and have on a switch wisp projector (fire/lighting aborb)
Amulet - no doubt - highlord wraith 35+ Deadly Strike +1 skills + a little lighting damage - you cannt find anything better
Side note: if you go for dextr monkey built (aka max block) not likely you will have much trouble with AR (My max block shadow furysin have ~2K AR and its good enouth)