Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Blade Fury Assasin (Ver 1.10)

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Ritslev, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ritslev

Ritslev IncGamers Member

2. Frankeinstein

Frankeinstein IncGamers Member

Good job :thumbsup: The thead got really long & cumbersome to keep going over to sort out the highlights.

I am sorting out my mules & now have found that I have some of the newer items listed as possible alternatives.
    Like:
    Hellmouth
    Verdungos (eth)
    tooththrow
    Baranards star

I would like to add these to the list also:
    Heart carver (ITD)
    thorn spike Shield (20%PDR)
    Light Saber (ITD) & lightning/magic dam
    Draculs Grasp

Here's a question, would it be worth it to upgrade a Eth Verdungo? I got one in a trade for cheap. I Know I should upgrade my rattlecage but I need another sheal before I do that.

Thanks again for the Great work!!!! :winner:

3. Frankeinstein

current merc gear is:
    (eth) crown of Theives
    corspemoun
    (eth) honor lance

My act 2 HF merc does 350-580 dam
    & has 19% to LL

his resists are all 45% or better in HEll

He does pretty good most of the time, I've learned if he dies, I'm probably gonna follow him if I don't be careful

4. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

Thanks for this great guide !! - I read it yesterday, and started my second ever assassin with it. My first Assassin was my first ever character, and she sucked so much I gave up on assassins all together. However, I am actually enjoying this build a ton!!

I am 28 now - working towards the Chaos Sancuary. I am using Hellplague, and it works well, but the damage is starting to suffer (Players 8). For style points, I used Sanders Wand for a while (massive cold damage) but it just couldn't cut the damage at the player setting I was using. My next switch is going to be Hexfire (I think) and then Pompeii's Wrath. I have Tiamets Rebuke, but need 10 more levels to wear it.

This build is so versitile to. I have 14 skill points saved up, and no where to put them at all!! I am really looking forward to venom and Shadow Master - I'll probably max those two first, with Death Sentry bringing up the rear.

I'm not a huge fan of the BF animation (ohhh, watch me point at you!!), but other than that, it is a lot of fun :0

Great guide.

5. Ritslev

Ritslev IncGamers Member

Short answers.

Hey Franky.

For the gear you've collected, I'd definately say good job. You seem to be working hard and that is part of this whole BF gear assembly idea.
    You mention gear which you'd like added and I agree with most of it... except Draculs. Yes they are cool gloves, but the Life Drain it offers isn't as good as other stats which gloves can offer. Crafted gloves and Soul Drainers are much better.
    Keep up the good work.
    About your merc. Nice gear. I would have loved my mercs gear to be etheral but still : Shaft + Gaze + Bonehew (amn/amn) does the trick still. It offers :
    50% reduced damage (and since a merc already has some reduced damage this extra makes him a very good tank.)
    20% life leech.
    damage : 507 - 1878
    life : 2067.
    ATM i'm pondering adding runes for more life but that is at the bottom of my list of things to test.

Hoi Mufassa.

Well good to see another play joins the party.
    It's always great to see new players trying out different things. I won't kid you though that the weapon you're using will of course see a deminishing effect in multi player games. That is also part of the challenge.
    Speaking of multi player games Crushing Blow, also has a deminishing effect in multi player games, so keep that in mind when testing it.
    As for your skills... (grin) .. save em. I had a some time 37 unspend skills at level 5X, it was quite ammusing really, but eventually you'll find where to place them and well then you'll be set.
    One thing though. Get at least 1 point in Death Sentry, to help with the killing, even if you max Venom and Shadow Master first.

As for animations.. well if you want to see something amusing ... Do the following
    Put on a FROSTWIND blade.
    click on the : Artic Blast - while out of town of course.
    and you'll go WTF!... You see your assasin will now do a spinning kick vertically... yes vertically not horizontally, be stuck half way through the kick and start to sprout frost out her *beep*... talk about animations.. that is one which always gets a laugh...

With said I'm also not a great fan of the point and shoot of the BFs' animation.

6. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

I'll definatly have to give that Frostwind thing a try :) looks like it could be cool too - and well worth the laugh. I play mostly Single Player and use the /players 8 function, so I often reduce it for especially dificult parts (or when fighting Isuzal with his 2432543424 life.

Thanks again!

7. Tanatus

Tanatus IncGamers Member

Glad to see this new and updated guid for very unusual yet most durable built in game. I think its nessesary mention - this is ultimate class/skill built for HC. Unless you want to do something extremely stupid furysin virtually unkillable in PvM. Maxed SM, High cloak of Shadow, Mind blast and maxed Fade - very crucial if you want to survive ANYTHING.
    Beauty of furysin that this type not really relay on skills but rather on gear which give huge variety of substyles that you can use. My furysin have moderate life but maxed blocking and relay heavy on poison attack (even merc armed with "poison" aka eth viperfork).
    I have slightly different approach on fighting - I overcome monsters defence not with ITD but with Cloak of Shadow and -%monster defence per hit as well as relatively high dextr (which serve not only for maximum block but also for maximizing weapon damage). With my "shadowkiller" built I dont even need merc - but I am looking forward for getting ohm for eth viperfork what should bring damage of my secondary tank up 2700 per hit and I am considering switching deffencive act2 NM merc (HF) in favor of offensive act2 NM merc (might aura). As I said cloak of shadow + mind blast if litterally immobilize everything and now I have notion to boost my damage (atm I have displayed 500-1700 per blade firing and not counting my open wound, deadly strike and crushing blow)
    As a some personal notes:
    Bear in mind while shadowkilling fusysin is nearble immune to any form of attack (they either greatly reduced via 33% weaken + 50% PDR , or blocked if you chose to use moser/SS or simply resisted due to Fade/gear) there is one attack that can harm you - its lighting from black souls/gloams. While you attacking you planted to ground hence each arch of lighting hit you FIVE time as well as assositate with it physical attack will hit you FIVE time. Cloack of shadow somethat protect you ... as long as you not on same line as your merc or SM... (which is unfortunally usually a case). So you need have any form of lighting adsorbtion either as a switch gear or in a primary.
    Another thing that I feel need to be stressed out - if by some misfortune you have "monster flee" anywhere in your gear - "prevent monsters to heal" become mandatory thing to have or killing single monster will take forever. To elaborate this I just say that in hell monsters run far enouth and for long enouth to get up to 30-50% health back before you start hit them again. So word of advice if you are desperate to use upped Rattelcage for extra 25% CB use it as switch gear for bosses only.
    Last but not least PI monsters can pose certain problem and few way to beat - em. First is trivial - get a lot elemental damage, other way around is get high open wounds gear. So then you consider your gear think about this too. Since you going to use DS to deliver addicition damage to area you need copses and as a such I suggest you avoid having any cold elemetal damage/freeze target in your gear/your merc gear.

8. Frankeinstein

THanks for the comments. I see your point on the gloves. I just haven't been able to score the souls yet & when I do find someone to trade w/ they want too much or something I can't come up with.

I lucked out on the (eth) crown! That is 1 piece that will not be traded! (well I'd have to be offered some ungodly sum for it... Its def is 451 + 12% LL :drool:
    also have an (eth)rockstopper

now 1 question... the demon limb gives AR you say... is that after you cast it & do a weapon switch? or you still have to use it? I have both (eth) & (non eth) now :scratch:

I almost got my hands on a (eth) gimmershred last night... just couldn't come up with what they wanted for it...(290's) :rant:

BTW I'm getting tired of this trade for 290's business.... maybe since i never had any.

9. Ritslev

Ritslev IncGamers Member

Demon Limb... you switch to your second weapon.. the Demon Limb.
    Then click on your enchant skill. You activate enchant and then switch back to your main weapon.
    Your main weapon will be Enchanted since it is the character and not the individual weapon which is enchanted.

Cloak of Shadows will stop Souls dead in their tracks if used correctly. They will stop 'firing' completely. It is though a good idea to have Lightning absorb in your stash I suggest Whisp Ring here.. Expensive yes but leaves you with your other killing gear intact.

On this we completely disagree. Monster flee will not make monster flee so far that they regain 50% of their health. That is absolute nonsense.

Though should they do.. and I'm playing this little game here, in agreeing that they do. Well then you will by the time they return have a corpse. Maybe two? Oh.. wait how about three?.. and Death Sentry will make short expendature of them still. Monster flee is not a 'misfortune' nor is 'PMH' mandatory. I've survived without PVM and used Flee for .. well months now.

The damage output I have on my Fury Sin ATM is 707-3545 (this is clean damage, which includes Venom, elemental damage and the 3/4 damage reduction. So to put it shortly this is the damage you receive with each blade. I'm ATm trying to get this upgraded to even more, but that is still under testing, mind you I have 52% critical strike so 52% of the time my daamge is a lot higher. Anyways....

They run, but don't get far.

Like my daddy taught me.
    - If they are lying down kick em!
    and
    - If they get up and run away, shoot them in the back.

SonOfRa

10. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

Furthermore, any source of Open Wounds (Malice, Blood Belt, Gore Riders) takes care of that problem very nicely. One of the great twisted pleasures of this game is watching a victim run off leaving a trail of blood.

The main problem I have with the Flee! from Rattlecage is it overwriting CoS (and other curses). This has occasionally resulted in some sticky situations. Still, in HC I think it's basically a plus.

11. Frankeinstein

So I am doing it correctly then I take demon limb off & put it in stash instead & put jade talon for back up when elementals get hairy.

Now you have done it... I got a Brainhew in a trade a couple minutes ago. Almost got a flamebellow too. Got a 2nd light sabre now, Guess I can use that for trading. Flamebellow has pretty good dam & can be used 1 handed also... lots of fire dam on that.

Looked up stats on Hwannins armor... now I know why... Static field. Forgot about that. I also liked tooththrow on him. guess I gotta paly around with his stuff too. SO you perfer gaze over Crown of thieves?

better check that too. but eth crown w/ hig def & 12% LL... that s hard for me to switch. But if I go with 2 amn's in the bonehew... thats 26% LL for the merc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yep:

12. Tanatus

Tanatus IncGamers Member

Just dont foget that in hell you leach only 10% aka if you have 26%LL in hell it equal 2.6%....
    Even given fact that I am using probably best weapon for furysin (stormlash) and have maxed venom (with items slvl 23) I still running around 500-1700 per blade and that may cause such a problem with monsters flee. I can stick with target but once its fled (still happend even w/o rattlecage due to SM) it flee far better say to far attack range of blade or out of line of sight. To elaborate it - if you are attacking group and picked closest to you mob once its fled between you and mob will be plently other mobs and they will take hits instead of your main target ... sadly. So I'd rephrase myself in a next way - unless can relaible hit mark 2.0K+ per blade on average monsters flee will cause a problem... From this point of view one may consider socketing helm/armor/weapon with +40%ID jewels with probably secondary modes with str/elemental damage or/and socketing weapon with ohm OR consider using act2 NM merc with might aura (my MF sorc have offencive merc with eth Hades+ some scyth with -50% mob defence per hit and 3 necros skill along with good fire damage - he have solid duralubitlity due to LL on helm and damage very respectible to keep himself alive via leach)
    About souls its not entierly correct that they will stop attack under CoS.... Yes those that not in melee range will just sit duck and do nothing but those that in melee range of your merc or/and SM will use thier dread lighting attack that also carry melee attack (bug or not but it's how souls attack work). If you are not on line of sight ... you can ignore it but usually SM tend to hang around or near you and stay right between you and target (I tried many time recast SM from the side of pack in order to get different target from SM but ... pet always switch on same target I am attacking)

13. Frankeinstein

well I put a hel & amn in the axe. (had extra hel) yea sure I could have traded it but I wanted to get axe on merc NOW!!! WOW his dam jumped to over 2k!!!!!!!!!!!!
    put hwannins on him also. I corpse is still better much more DEF. But thats Debateable.

trying out hellmouth now,
    upped rattlecage cool def jumped to 488
    found out that demon limb is not repairable on enchant :scratch: but limb has repair itself modifier on it. so I'm a tad confused

Merc is just amazing now!!!!!
    got a +3 shad claw, jade talon (+2 shad tree) & 2 soj's.

I now put those on before I cast SM & venom (slvl 29 4 both)

makes hige difference now. but I wasted set up right so a$$ was hanede to me in players * game

14. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

Sadly, charges can't be repaired on ethereal equipment.

15. Ritslev

Ritslev IncGamers Member

There is no doubt that damage leveled around the 2k is a lot, but that may very well be your problem. Either that or you don't have enough Open Wounds.
    Open Wounds works much like Prevent Monster Heal... (Not stat wise but game wise they have pratically the same effect. Where OW is a % chance to work, PMH just works every time.)

Hmm.. I think you need 2.5+ k personally but your conclusion is absolutely correct.

Just a few comments. You're not a melee fighter. You're a ranged fighter. While your shadow master takes some heavy hits cause she goes into melee, I don't see the consern here. Recast her out of the way.
    As for your merc. I may be jaded but I don't see a problem here. Maybe cayse the gear my merc use and the high resistance he has. With 72% resist all to lightning, and 50% damage reduction he can just stand there and chop away at them. The 2.0% life leech he has in hell means that he stays alive for a long time with 5 souls around him (I took the liberty on testing this and seeing how many souls he could solo.)
    He soloed 4 fine, with only 2 pots of health. While 5 I had to start and help him out.
    A note on the flee. Yes it does cancel out CoS, but while fleeing they won't attack and thus you stick with that one target.

While I know Rattlecage is a controversial item in my setup like I also stated in my guide it's a matter of taste. People should though take it / leave it for the right reasons and with the correct information to base this decition on thus becomes that more vital.

:) SonOfRa

16. hotdogtesting

hotdogtesting IncGamers Member

Fade and Claw Mastery

Two points, I'm curious why the guide suggests 20 in Fade and 1 in Claw Mastery.

Fade is much like the Summon Resist skill for Necromancers, it has a non-linear growth. The only benefit I can gather is the increased duration.

This is not really a big deal as you can just re-cast Fade. It is pretty cheap.

Claw Mastery seems like a much better place to stick skill points. Not only does it increase your AR but it also increases your damage.

I did some testing, and there was a definite improvement with using Claw Mastery.

17. Ritslev

Ritslev IncGamers Member

True that the duration seems like it's the only thing that changes while you spend all these points. The reason for it maxed is +skills. With +skills you will reach higher resitances. Higher resistances and not just longer duration.

Yes if you use a claw... point is this build doens't use a claw based weapon. Thus all Claw Mastery bonuses are lost.
    Something I also point out in section 7.1 under Q&A

SonOfRa

18. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

The benefit to Fade is also the hidden damage reduction. I haven't got a full 20 in it since I've a hybrid trapper, but since none of the claws out there have static charges it will make more sense for me.

Ra (Rah?), great guide - Angel_Veil is ** HCL now, and I'm not even using crush or static gear yet. This build is great for HCL play too, though this doesn't seem obvious from the guide. I'm getting more mileage from the Claw Mastery at this point, but it is something I won't get much bang for the buck from in the long term.

One thing that would be nice is a bit more exposition on low- and mid-level gear, such as Strength (or Steel?) runeword claws, full Cleg's set, & so forth. Also, suggested socketing of equipment might be worth a mention... my merc has the Hwanin/Bonehew/Gaze setup right now, but it was almost dumb luck that I set it up that way. I expect to replace the Gaze with a Delerium eth death mask at some point and watch the fireworks go off.

19. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Razortail?

Very interesting build. I've not tried it, but kudos to you for coming up with something different.

One question - would equiping razortail belt give piercing on the throwing stars? I don't know if it's an exception to your statement that Pierce Target doesn't work...

20. Frankeinstein

priece doe not work. I tried it w/ razortail a while back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.