Blade Fury Asn Help?

OhNoMatt

Diabloii.Net Member
Blade Fury Asn Help?

Hi guys, I want to try an unusual assassin build and I had a few questions.

Basically I made a Blade Fury assassin a long time ago and enjoyed it a lot even though I screwed her up, and I want to try one again. I read a guide in the stickies that talked about this build in detail, but I have a few other questions.

1) I want to use a passion runeword weapon with this assassin. Passion seems to have decent damage, it gives me hit blinds target and a huge AR bonus, all of which seem very useful with this build - and best of all, I have the option of trying out zeal or berserk in close quarters and making everyone in pub games go "what the heck?". Anybody think this is a bad idea for any reason?

2) Does Venom work with non-claw weapons? I'm guessing it does, but if I'm maxing it for blade fury i'd like it to also work if i choose to zeal close-quarters.

3) How much leeway do I have with skills here? The guide I read said I should max Death Sentry for the CE (basically blind enemies with cloak, kill some with BF as they fight shadow master, and CE the rest), but could I get away with putting 1 point in it and relying on +skills to make it viable? Maybe just 10 points instead of 20? Also with Fade, if I am planning to use Stormshield, could I just skimp and put 10 points in fade? That way I may be getting less phys. reduction, but my resist adds are not that much worse.

Basically the guide said to put 1 point in Blade Fury to leave points for the other skills, but I'm wondering if I can go below max on others and max Blade Fury for the damage instead.

4) Does Blade Shield work well at all? I like the idea of spinning blades around me, especially if I wanna try zealing once in a while... could it at least be useful with one point in it, if it has elemental / venom damage and other bonuses?

Thanks in advance for your help guys, sorry about the excessive questions haha. :)

msoerensen

Diabloii.Net Member
1) i cant really help you here but you need to think about what equipment you are going to wear

2) yes it does. it works with all kind of weapons.

3) you have as much leeway as you want, if you get enough resist and dr from gear then you can probably take some points of fade. death sentry is effective even with only 1 point in it but you wont have as big a radius as if it is maxed. dont put more than 1 in blade fury you only gain a very little dmg and an increase in mana cost

4) some people use it in pvp but i dont know how effective it is in pvm.

morten

mr.dines

Diabloii.Net Member
One of the nice things with blade fury, is that u can use eth weapons without them cracking. But u miss that if u use passion and blade shield. And your damage with a non eth passion is on the low side... lot of throwing. But could be fun for a change.

Regarding skills, then dont max blade fury. Fade is optional if u use stormshield. Ive maxed death sentry, and the longer radius is very nice.

Ritslev

Diabloii.Net Member
OhNoMatt said:
Hi guys, I want to try an unusual assassin build and I had a few questions.

Basically I made a Blade Fury assassin a long time ago and enjoyed it a lot even though I screwed her up, and I want to try one again. I read a guide in the stickies that talked about this build in detail, but I have a few other questions.

1) I want to use a passion runeword weapon with this assassin. Passion seems to have decent damage, it gives me hit blinds target and a huge AR bonus, all of which seem very useful with this build - and best of all, I have the option of trying out zeal or berserk in close quarters and making everyone in pub games go "what the heck?". Anybody think this is a bad idea for any reason?

2) Does Venom work with non-claw weapons? I'm guessing it does, but if I'm maxing it for blade fury i'd like it to also work if i choose to zeal close-quarters.

3) How much leeway do I have with skills here? The guide I read said I should max Death Sentry for the CE (basically blind enemies with cloak, kill some with BF as they fight shadow master, and CE the rest), but could I get away with putting 1 point in it and relying on +skills to make it viable? Maybe just 10 points instead of 20? Also with Fade, if I am planning to use Stormshield, could I just skimp and put 10 points in fade? That way I may be getting less phys. reduction, but my resist adds are not that much worse.

Basically the guide said to put 1 point in Blade Fury to leave points for the other skills, but I'm wondering if I can go below max on others and max Blade Fury for the damage instead.

4) Does Blade Shield work well at all? I like the idea of spinning blades around me, especially if I wanna try zealing once in a while... could it at least be useful with one point in it, if it has elemental / venom damage and other bonuses?

Thanks in advance for your help guys, sorry about the excessive questions haha. :)

Read my guide.. 11th, October, 2004.. tested and tried and what ever.. you'll find it has what u need.

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=565

GriswoldsApprentice

Diabloii.Net Member
Ritslev said:
Read my guide.. 11th, October, 2004.. tested and tried and what ever.. you'll find it has what u need.

http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=565

I'm going to try this build out for my "Jedi" character. Only I will be using Mind Blast/BF combo. I won't get the CB from the weapon because I will be using a lightsaber (of course).

I did have one question on your build though. You say this is a unique build because it is not a trapper or kicker, but you max Death Sentry? DS shoots lightning just like LS. So doesn't that just make you a trapper hybrid? You are also using a Shadow Master which will be laying traps all over the place. You could go with a Shadow Warrior who uses the skills that you are using. Then you would both be using BF.

There are also a lot of aura-generating rune words out there now. Especially for polearms, so you could have a might merc with a Pride polearm to add concentration as well. Or Infinty to add Conviction for def/res reduction on a Blessed Aim merc. That's the cool thing about this build. It's not like the Hammerdin, where its Heart of the Oak/Enigma/Shako/HoZ. I see at least one of those in every single Hell Baal run. Not that they are not good, its just that it's boring.

BIGeyedBUG

Diabloii.Net Member
GriswoldsApprentice said:
You are also using a Shadow Master which will be laying traps all over the place. You could go with a Shadow Warrior who uses the skills that you are using. Then you would both be using BF.
Neither Shadow is capable of using BF.

You say this is a unique build because it is not a trapper or kicker, but you max Death Sentry? DS shoots lightning just like LS. So doesn't that just make you a trapper hybrid?
The skill point allocations and equipment are almost completely different for a BF Assassin than a Trapper. "Hybrid" usually refers to a build that focuses on two very different, non-passive skill trees anyway, so Talon/Trap, Strafe/LF, Hurricane/Wolf, and so on. But if you want to stretch the definition, a BF/Trapper hybrid would have a minimum of 20/20 LS/DS, +trap skills, and far more emphasis on caster mods.

BIGeyedBUG

Diabloii.Net Member
Where is that published? Both Arreat Summit and D2.net state that the only skills Shadow's can't use is other Shadow's.
Both are out of date--Shadows could use BF in 1.09. As far as it being published anywhere, I doubt it. Maybe my other posts about what skills Shadows can and can't use qualify.

--BeB, working on his PhD in Shadow D. :p

shijo

Diabloii.Net Member
What about using a chaos+fury combo as a BF assassin? Is that viable at all? I really hate the idea of using a shield/claw(or other weapon) as an assassin because that kinda takes awake some of the mystique.

Ritslev

Diabloii.Net Member
I did have one question on your build though. You say this is a unique build because it is not a trapper or kicker, but you max Death Sentry?
The build can function without DS but DS is used to speed up the process.

A trapper uses his trap to produce bodies with.. a Furysin blades..

When soloing I hardly ever use DS, but when in 8 players games I do.

BigEyes says it well as well..

SonOfRa

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
looked all over, but can't figure this one out. does +damage work with blade fury? either min, max, or grief style? also, what about enhanced damage?

--welt

i used to have a ww sin chaos + pheonix, i wore a giant skull so my blades got kb, i once killed a decent necro i.e nigma hoto spirit just by using blade fury. Took about 5 blades or so.

BIGeyedBUG

Diabloii.Net Member
Weltkriegpally said:
looked all over, but can't figure this one out. does +damage work with blade fury? either min, max, or grief style? also, what about enhanced damage?
ED%, +min, and +max all work. Straight +damage does not.