Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Black Widow Assassin

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Perfect_11., Jan 29, 2004.

1. Perfect_11.

Perfect_11. IncGamers Member

Black Widow Assassin

I have a new guide for an asn. will write it grammatically correct and thorough once i get some input.

Gear:
    Widowmaker
    Kiras
    2 resist//pd rings
    Cats eye
    shaft- 15 ias
    tgods
    Trang gloves
    Gores
    As much pdscs lcs and gcs as possible

Stats
    Str:gear
    Dex: 131
    Vit: rest

20 venom
    20 Mind Blast
    20 Wake of fire
    5 BoS
    20 wake of fire synergies

What u do is lay down some wake of fire and lure opponent closer. Shoot your homing widowmaker and poison them. Continue to mindblast them and wear down their health. If they run, dflight and mindblast them to death. Should work vs mst classes. If i get positive input i will make an in-depth guide complete with strategies for each common pvp build. I would like to hear your input, suggestions, and criticisms. Thx in advance.

2. bleuless

bleuless IncGamers Member

have you actually tried this out? sounds ridiculous to me. your damage isn't that high, and you'll end up running away and getting killed while running.

3. Perfect_11.

with enough poison dmg you will go down in a hurry. My friend and i experimented with it with around 2500 psn dmg.... but never with venom and on an asn. The good thing about an assassin is you can ue traps to stun, and an unblockable attak (mindblast) to finish off.

4. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Without any form of block you're screwed.With no shield and no Fade your resist will be way to low too. GL killing other trappers , Templars (FoH) , just about every sorc. Barbs and druids will prolly eat you alive too. Not to forget ama's.

Frankly , unless you're really good this build won't work against decent duelers. And no , pubbie games aren't decent.

5. GaiaCaT

GaiaCaT IncGamers Member

Charms + Venom = Bad
    Even a maxed Pestilent Charm of Anthrax would only add around 15 Damage.
    Venom defaults Poison Duration to 0.4 sec without altering the Poison Damage per Frame.

6. bfandreas

bfandreas IncGamers Member

Well, I have a Sin on the europe realm that does Poison damage with the Widowmaker.

Fisrt things first:
    -she's strictly pvm
    -she's primarily a C/C Asn with a bow for sticky situations
    -she's no tank
    -she's quite fun to play

Her skills:

MA:
    20 FoF
    20 CoT
    20 Phx
    1 DF

Shadow
    20 Venom
    1 everything else

Traps
    nuthin'

Equipment:
    Bartucs(AMN)
    Jade Talon(AMN)
    Lionheart wirefleece
    kicky dual leech +2asn coronet
    kicky +2MA +20ias +stats +res gloves
    TGods
    Raven
    Bul ring
    Shadowdancer
    Highlords
    6 Shadowskillers
    1 Anni

She's got about +18 to shadow and +10 to MA. And let me tell you, she's quite a killer. I could enhance her poison dmg with facets, TO gloves and bramble, but poison is just a supplement.
    She deals about 1k poison damage for 0.4 secs. This amounts to 10 frames. As a result i have a very strong SM, enough CM to hit everything and I deal fire dam(FoF is quite strong), lightning dam, poison dam(sadly useless against the undead) and physical dam. Skillful usage of CoS/SM/MB allows her to survive despite only 900 def. But it takes quite some concentration to play her. She's like a powerful sports car.

When in ranged mode, I prefer CoS over MB. Even when I claw some opponents, I rather use CoS since I can't damage converted monsters. A slvl SM is about all I need. And I stopped reviving my merc somewhere in NM. He's not needed.

7. Perfect_11.

sry guys i;ve taken this to the pala forum instead and it seems mass pd+conviction would be very nice... i'm sorry to hear all your negative reactions but thats what i asked for....

8. bfandreas

bfandreas IncGamers Member

Conviction doesn't do anything for poison. Only LR would help you out, but a nec has better means to deal poison damage. SRY, pal, but poison charms lost their value for a reason.

9. lil_julia

lil_julia IncGamers Member

Conviction does not do anything for poison? How come? I thought it lowered enemy elemental resistances, no?

10. Chidori

Chidori IncGamers Member

I don't understand why somebody would waste 40 pts on Wake of Fire traps and a fire synergy?! Those things will do about as much damage as me stabbing somebody with my wizspike = /

11. Forksup31

Forksup31 IncGamers Member

Conviction lowers enemies fire, cold, and lightning resistance, Thats all.

12. DiabloJ2000

DiabloJ2000 IncGamers Member

conviction lowers ELEMENTAL res NOT psn. psn isn't an element, simply put :xmad:
    but hey i play with over 20secs of cold on my avenger :p. its kinda like :xsnow: to wut i hit, ya no wut i mean?

13. bleuless

bleuless IncGamers Member

i think 1.09 it was bugged, that critical strike can occur on it hence doing double dmg. and since it hits so many times (a wake passing over you once, might hit you more than once) when combined with 5 traps, it can be a deadly result. try standing infront of diablo firestorm (not the lighting hose or ring of fire, and stand immediately infront of diablo but about 1 foot away) even if you have fire resist maxed out, you can still get hurt very bad. not sure if 1.10 is the same or not, but with assassin's unique claw firelizards, i think they want it that way.