armor,
shields,

and weapons

that are colored the most black?

I was really looking into that lately :]

Lord Nyax

Banned
Wirts leg is sometimes black...hrm...
Try and search for this. RTB may have posted something about colors a looooooooooong time ago. Erm....search is up "there" somewhere...try and find it. IDK, search for "Black Item Mods" or something...

That Level 2 unique shield is either White or Black...and the Level 2 Sword (ohh, Rixot's Keen) is the other color. Thinking about it now, I think that it's Rixot's = Black, Shield = White. Should be cool...

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
darksight is a dark gray helm

Gladiator Bane and Corpsemourn are pretty dark armors

Meltrian Faus

Diabloii.Net Member
Tiamat's rebuke is a dark grey/black shield and for sets, ik set is blackish/grey.

weapons... magics with evisceration as a suffix will do there. not sure what else.

Sokar Rostau

Diabloii.Net Member
Corpsemourne is a black armour (darker than IK) and looks awesome on a Druid. Ormus Robes is also black.

Either (both?) Guillame's Face or Howltusk is a black helm.

Tiamat's Rebuke is black and grey.

Can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Putting Perfect Skulls into a non Unique/Rare/Set item will turn it black. It's possible that the shade of black depends on the quality of skull so that a chipped is very dark grey while a perfect skull is black, but I'm not sure.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
Steelclash is a black Kite/Dragon/Monarch style shield, if you want that look.

I think Guillaume's is just the normal grey colour of Winged helms, I don't think it has any colour modifier. I know this because I used a pally with Guardian Angel and Guill's, and Guill's was definately lighter in colour than GA.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Arcanna's Tricks, any magical/rare weapon receiving high maximum damage suffix (not sure about per-level prefixes), and a few others mentioned and not mentioned. Depends on what you're looking for.

Lord Nyax

Banned
I keep on waiting for my Valk to spawn with a sexy blacky spear, cause that'll mean either Cruel or of Butchery (or a similar mod), both of which mean she'll be doing upwards of 5k per hit. So yah, Ferocious/Cruel or the "of Butchery" mods both turn it black.