Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bizarre happenings

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by SmokeyTreats, Jan 28, 2004.

1. SmokeyTreats

SmokeyTreats IncGamers Member

Bizarre happenings

I have a ladder lvl90 fire/cb sorc that I've been using primarily for pit runs.
    I am very happy w/her and she has supplied my other chars with some very nice gear.
    I was getting a bit bored with the repetition and decided to make use of my pit booty by building a Hammerdin. This very powerful and easy to create killing machine hit a wall when I started doing nm Baal runs.

In order to assist my fellow Baal runners I felt I needed some upgrades to my gear.
    I broke out my faithful sorcie for some nm mephy runs in search of items like HoZ/Lidless/Vipermaji/Skulders and any useful tradebles.

This is where it gets bizarre, getting some decent drops in my previous runs I was on my 20th or so trip. After incinerating Meph0 into oblivion I started over to the armor rack in my usual pattern of clearing DoH3.
    I click on the rack and out pops Arreats face! I was literally stunned. I was pretty sure you had to have a character lvl of 93 for this item and I didn't even know that it could drop in nm. Although, I do seem to remember reading somewhere that racks can have a 3 lvl swing for item drops.

Anyways, It was one of my more interesting D2 moments I thought I'd share. Has this happend to anyone else?

2. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

Well the item dropp has not anything to do with the lvl of the char (only lvl of the monster/prop (ie. chest, corpse, rack and so on). That has been pointed out several times. But anyway gratz with your find

Regards D.J.

3. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

clvl has nothing to do with magic find. However I didn't realize that the armor thing could drop Armo54 which is what Arreat's Face is. I actually thought NM Mephisto couldn't drop Armo54, but he can. And he can drop arreats face.

4. Disque

Disque IncGamers Member

I think I've found arreats..on Meph, now if I could only remember what difficutly haha..

5. Usufruct

Nightmare or Hell :)

6. SmokeyTreats

I do understand that mf is not clvl driven.

I don't remember when or where I got the info but unless I had some spaz0 dream that I somehow turned into my warped d2 reality I'm pretty sure you needed to be lvl93 for Arreats to drop in 1.09. Things might have changed in 1.10.

7. Usufruct

Nope you're just crazy.

8. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

CLVL never had any effect on drops.

9. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

or blizzard makes us think it doesn't ^^

10. Usufruct

It's more likely that stupidity makes some of us think it does ^^

(or being told the wrong thing)

11. SmokeyTreats

I stand corrected.

I have found many,many Arreats in my day but none
    (until now) with a clvl lower than 93 so i never doubted that claim.
    Like I stated, I cannot remember exactly where i got the bad info but I do remember it was from more than one source. I guess I am guilty of stupidity via being told the wrong thing. =/

12. SuggestiveName

If you always mf with a character over lvl 93 you might get that impression. Still read the info, don't just assume things from gameplay experience.

13. SmokeyTreats

I do not only mf w/my 93+ chars, I have many chars in the 70's and 80's that I've done countless runs with.

Read what info? My original source was a forum post (cannot remember which forum) and what I heard on the realms. I know that I was not the only one that was under the impression of the lvl req myth for this helm.

You're presumption and condescending tone is not appreciated. I mean come on man, I already admitted that I was wrong and it's not like I stated it as fact.

14. SuggestiveName

Sorry I wasn't trying to sound condescending, I was just pointing out hypothetically that if you commonly used lvl 93 chars to mf with, and coincedentally only found arreats with those characters, then of course you would have the impression that only lvl 93+ chars can find arreats.

Many people are under this impression, I agree.

Read what info? Start with the countless articles and posts about mf'ing in these forums and on the diabloii.net mainpage. This suggestion wasn't meant as a personal attack, but rather to point out that reading the faq's and guides will give you insight that simply playing the game will not.

Again my apologies for seeming condescending, take it easy.

15. SmokeyTreats

No harm done.

I also would like to aplogize for being so defensive.
    I have had my share of conflicts with hostile posters
    so I tend to take the offensive when sensing the slightest aggression. Sometimes even when its not there.

What is fact and what is common belief in this game can be very difficult to discern in this game sometimes so I am grateful when the truth is exposed. Thanks.

-Smokey

16. Guntaas

Guntaas IncGamers Member

Using my lvl 41 necro, I found the skin of the vipermagi off Diablo in nm. What was really surprising was the fact that I wasn't too lagged to get it.

17. Vladicus

Vladicus IncGamers Member

I found a Fal rune from the first group of lizard things that shoot lightning on NM Meph run.

I traded it for a amned bonehew for merc.