Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

bind text to key

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by zenithsmith, Sep 28, 2006.

1. zenithsmith

zenithsmith IncGamers Member

bind text to key

i'm starting to do some runs now that i am lvl 76 with my sorc, but half the time i forget to type in /players 8, i know in the first diablo you could bind text to a key, is there a way to do this in D2? i didn't see anything in options about it, and a search well it brought up marco's and other things like that, which didn't help unless i want to buy the gaming keyboard! which i don't because that costs money! and a google search brought up hacks bots and hacks!
    I read over the SP info guide and it didn't mention anything about this either, so any information would be helpful if its doable and/or allowed or shunned

2. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

First, the /players x carries over as long as you don't completely exit Diablo 2. For doing multiple meph runs, you type it in once and then you are all set.

Also, in single players, the players x command adds unpartied players. The end result is that only odd numbers improve drop chances so /players 8 improves experience but not drop chances over players 7.

In fact, if items are what you are running for, /players 3 is probably the worthwhile setting for boss running. I always run on /players 1 for bosses.

3. zenithsmith

oh, wonderful, thanks for the info, so is /players 3 a break point for items dropping, or is it just a trade off of killing speed over item drop rate?

but is there a way to bind text to a key because sometimes i hit esc too many times i completely exit diablo and forget to reup player setting

4. Llathias

Llathias Banned

For Meph and Baal (and probably Diablo too), no-drop chance is eliminated at /players 5. However, it is so incredibly small in /players 3 that it's not worth bothering with the added HP and dmg. Also, since the no-drop equation is exponential, you get the highest benefit when upping from p1 to p3, for all monsters who has a chance for no-drop.

If there is a way to bind text to a key, I don't know it, nor have ever heard about something similar.

5. zenithsmith

Ok then! great information about the player setting jumps

6. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

When I baalrun I always, in the first game, type '/players '
    Then
    Code:
    <enter> <uparrow> '8' <enter>
    <enter> <uparrow> <uparrow> <enter>

repeat 7 or 8 times, I don't know how many times you have to to it, but those 7 or 8 times is definately enough. The game will then remember the '/players ' for the next game.

Edit. Only repeat this part
    Code:

End edit.
    In the following games it's just a matter of hitting <enter> <uparrow> <enter> and then just adding a number (8 for minions, 3 for baal etc.) at the appropriate time. It might not save a whole lot of time, but I find it a lot easier not having to manually type '/players x' each time.

Did this make any sense at all?

7. zenithsmith

so, it saves the text in new games? your explaination makes sense don't worry!

8. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

wow nubikoen i needed that
    you're a ha><00r from now on

9. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

I'm lost. Why can't you just not type it in after the first time? After that, like jjscud said, it stays till you set it differently.

10. zenithsmith

if you like to change player setings on the fly, like player 8 for baal minions then player 3 for baal

11. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

For baalruns. /p1 for throne, /p8 for minions and /p3 for baal.
    When there's a lot of switching back and forth between players settings basically.

12. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

I think I get it now. Once the text is entered, you up arrow to it, and hit enter, effectively typing it in. Interesting.