Beware of *Mothergoose

Manago

Diabloii.Net Member
Beware of *Mothergoose

He's a scammer, was offerring trades for an insight (or 4os polearm) in trade channel on my 41 sorc, this guy whispers me on his assassin (Ooopsy) that he'll give me it if I normal-rush him.

Normal rush him + ancients, he asks if I have an amn rune, I say yeah, give it to him, he leaves game. About a minute later I whisper him the game/pass in case he forgot, no response. Try again, he's logged off. Wait a few minutes, try again, no response, /whois him, find him in the trade channel spamming ISO shako and other high-level things.

After I added *mothergoose is a scammer to my ISO Insight message (which is barely seen in the 8 line -spam twice trades of the big boys) he logs off and hasn't been on since.

I've seen this guy trading before, his profile says ''SPIDEY GOT OWNEEEED'' I don't know if that means he's a TPPKer or somehow screwed someone else out of a trade, either way just stay away from him.

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Two things:

Mothergoose is also Trey25 I believe, a wannabe dueler who has lost several ears to banana duelers. So its another account for you to watch.

However, your blind trust is what got you scammed nothing more. He may not have gone into it with the intention of scamming you, but after you rushed him and gave him a free rune, he probably figured "i got what i want aleady why stick around." Bnet is not full of trustworthy people and the honour system rarely works.

For future reference if you're going to be trading rushes, try this method. Before you rush them, state "i will rush you as far as act 4. Then before I kill diablo we complete the trade. After you hold up your end, I will finish the second half." Killing diablo is a pain in the *** for some people so they will agree to this deal. If they can't agree to these terms then you don't trade with them. If they scam you and run out on you half way through the rush, then all you've lost is a meph run and 15 mins, big deal.

As for the Spidey got owned it could mean anything. However there is a tppk with the account name *spiderman- who i happened to kill a few days ago if that makes you feel any better :)

Aldragon

Diabloii.Net Member
mothergoose other accts are : trey24 trey 25 trey26 trey27 etc also saw yesterday some more.
neva trust that kid
Aldragon

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
since helz hasnt posted yet, just thought i'd let you know he killed another one of his chars yesterday. He's died like 4 times now to forum members....this thread really doesn't need to go any further as he's not worth discussing anymore ;0