better to jah or p-ruby?

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member
better to jah or p-ruby?

Is it better to Jah x 4 100+ life or p-ruby x 4. I am thinking of trying this for pvp ahahahahaha just for kicks. I'd like to see how well i do in pvp w/ it. Any suggestions?

proudfoot

Diabloii.Net Member
For a Shapeshifter P Ruby is better, because you already have tons of percentages working on your typically low base life.

For a non-shifter, Jah will likely add more.

Cantos

The Order of Dii Guild Member
Voice said:
Is it better to Jah x 4 100+ life or p-ruby x 4. I am thinking of trying this for pvp ahahahahaha just for kicks. I'd like to see how well i do in pvp w/ it. Any suggestions?
How can we know which will be best for your build if you neglect to mention the relevant factors? This is a simple formula.

baseLife * (lifeBonus/100 +1) = totalLife

baseLife = your druid's life, unshifted without oak or bo, or any Jah's or any other hp% bonus (Sazabi's set etc)

lifeBonus = The sum of all hp% multipliers you get from items or skills. 200% from shifting, and another 150% from oak or whatever

You have to work out the formula twice to see if 20 extra lifeBonus ends up being more totalLife than 152 extra baseLife.

jumbo_SHRIMP

Diabloii.Net Member
115% from level 20 lycanthropy = 2.15 multiplier
152 life with that 2.15 multiplier = 327 bonus life

20% from 4 jahs * x life = 327 bonus
you need a base life of 327*5 = 1635(including all +life charms and inherent life) in order for the 4 jahs to be an equal bonus to only level 20 lycanthropy, no heart of the oak bonus or level 21+ lycanthropy or any other life bonuses...

seems to me pruby is better for basically any shapeshifter

phelix