Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Better than eth titans??

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Summerfun, May 4, 2005.

1. Summerfun

Summerfun IncGamers Member

Better than eth titans??

Found thiese javalins yesterday.
    Thinking about making a mele jabber?

331% ed
    30 ias
    +8 minimum dmg
    +xxxx AR based on char level
    +2javalin skill
    And they are eth.

if i NEVER throw them, will they then break?

Thx. summerfun

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

They will eventually break:( Javelins have durability too, it's just hidden.

Ethereal Titan's would be better...the damage is comparable because of the added +25-50 damage and they have very good mods...also they will never break:) due to autoreplenish.

3. habya

habya IncGamers Member

Eth javs will still deplenish in quantity if you attack melee, unless my mind is not serving me well today. The quantity is pretty much a durability and when you throw then you just chuck 1x durability point away from them and thus they will still go down while poking. Someone correct me if I am mistaken or if that was not explained well :/

Edit: Just saw Chim's post, I was a little late in typing. Guess I need another cup of coffee

4. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

If i'm not wrong ethreal throwing weapons lose durability 1/2 as quickly when used in melee as opposed to throwing :D

5. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Their stack size is similar to their durability. So it will break.

6. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

When titans replenish, they go back to max stack size. Has nothing to do with durability. They do have a hidden durability mod also. Non etheral titans must lose 6 durability points over 4 seconds in meele (the amount of time it takes to replenish 1 jav) in order to break one. Your max stack will drop from 140 to 139 but a second later it will replenish bringing stack back to 140. Etheral are different. Durability is only 4 on each thus you must lose 4 durability in under 4 seconds in order to break one. This is very hard to do but I guess could be done with a high ias impale or something. It makes sense to me that if you were at 100 javs when you broke one (before replenish took it to 101) that overtime you would still get back to 140. I have heard of several people breaking one and max stack perminately drops to 139 on etherals. My theory is that this can only happen if you were at 140 stack size when you broke one. I could be wrong on this. Maybe you could be at less than max stack and break one thus perminately reducing max stack. I used to meele all the time with my etheral titans and never reduced max stack. We did some math on this a while ago and calculated that you would have to jab for about 45 minutes at 5 frames in order to guarantee 1 etheral jav breaking before the replenish kicked in. Very rare.

Either way, any etheral javs/throwing weapons without the replenish mod are worthless as they will break/run out very soon.

7. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

haha knowing people these days, some permenant 139 eth titans would probably sell for extra. -_-