Better gear for Frost Maiden?

Lyndis

Diabloii.Net Member
Better gear for Frost Maiden?

Is it better to use Mavina's set or go for a setup revolving around the Ice runeword in a GMB or even a MB??

KremBanan

Diabloii.Net Member
A setup around the ICE Matriarchal Bow +3sk is waay better. Remember to use Razortail belt to get 100% Pierce.

Edit: I will write some more when Im over 1k posts:) In the mean while, just read some guides and previous threads. There are many questions answered there.

Lyndis

Diabloii.Net Member
Can you give me a setup? I'm thinking Mavina's Diadem socketed with 15 ias jewel, Crow Caw or Twitchthroe, and either a crafted glove with 20ias (can it have knockback as well?) or Laying of Hands to reach the last breakpoint for a 7 frame attack.

Also, do you think it'd be possible that if I use A Faith GMB myself, and buy a Might merc wearing Pride it would do even MORE damage overall even as a Frost maiden?

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Lyndis said:
and either a crafted glove with 20ias (can it have knockback as well?)
Yes, crafted gloves can get knockback.
Lyndis said:
Also, do you think it'd be possible that if I use A Faith GMB myself, and buy a Might merc wearing Pride it would do even MORE damage overall even as a Frost maiden?
You could if you need/want more physical damage, but I'd rather toss an Infinity on him to boost my own damage.

Lyndis

Diabloii.Net Member
So what would be the best practical setup in your opinion for a frost maiden (hopeuflly it has at least 10% mana leech)

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Lyndis said:
So what would be the best practical setup in your opinion for a frost maiden (hopeuflly it has at least 10% mana leech)
I don't know about the best setup, but this is what my own Frostmaiden uses, and she turns out fine:
Ice in a +3 GMB (I would love a matriarchal bow, but whatever)
865 def CoH dusk shroud
+20/-5 Nightwing's Veil (faceted with 5/-5 cold jewel)
Crescent Moon amulet (my main source of leech; up to 15% mana leech)
Waterwalks boots
Razortail belt (for the pierce)
+2 bow/20 IAS/strength rare gloves
Ravenfrost
rare dual leech ring with dex and resists
7 bow GCs
Amazon Torch

Lyndis

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't have any bow skillers... :( Will she be able to kill well in Hell?

And can rare/crafted gloves have +3 to bow skills?

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Lyndis said:
I don't have any bow skillers... :( Will she be able to kill well in Hell?
Bow skillers aren't essential, so you don't have to get them. They're pretty cheap anyways; I bought all 7 off my friend for an Um.

Lyndis said:
And can rare/crafted gloves have +3 to bow skills?
No, they can't. Magical gloves can however.

Lyndis

Diabloii.Net Member
Wait, what about how many frames per attack Can you hit 7 frames per attack with your setup (oh yeah, what merc are you using?) Will hitting 7 frames be worth it to sacrifice some damage and perfects some resists?

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
I only hit 11 FPA with my setup. I could go faster if I buy a matriarchal Ice, but I'm content for right now.

My merc is currently using:
eth Reaper's Toll
Vampire Gaze
Shaftstop
He's just there to tank and slow down enemies with Decrepify.

KremBanan

Diabloii.Net Member
Here are the breakpoints:
8 IAS
22 IAS
42 IAS
75 IAS
142 IAS

If you use A1 RogueFaith, these would be lower ofc. Bowskillers arent essential, but +skills does boost your damage. Knockback arent really needed either, since you freeze the monsters.

Lyndis

Diabloii.Net Member
I plan on using Faith merc. It'll be good becuase I only need like 44 to 48% more IAS to reach 7 fpa with it.

KremBanan

Diabloii.Net Member
20 from gloves
20 Cats
15 IAS jewel in Helm
could be a setup if you are going with the nice setup Evrea mentioned earlier.