Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Better drops first time killing boss?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Nubin, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Nubin

Nubin IncGamers Member

Better drops first time killing boss?

I heard from before that act bosses give better chance of a good drop the first time you kill them. Is this true? If so, if you are in a party, are you the one who has to make the killing blow? or can another party member kill the boss and still get the better chance at a good drop?

2. SCaVeNGeR

SCaVeNGeR IncGamers Member

It's true, if someone else creates the game (someone who completed the quest already) and u kill the boss, u get better drops IIRC (correct me if i'm wrong)

SCaVeNGeR

3. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Yes, scav is right. All the act bosses have two different drops tables they select from:
    If you are killing them and have not done the quest, they will drop from Actbossnameq (Difficulty) - Baalq (H)
    If you are killing them and have completed the quest, they will drop from Actbossname (Difficulty) - Baal (H)

The Baalq (H) TC has better drop odds than the Baal (H) TC. This is the same for all act bosses in all difficulties - the Andarielq (N) TC has better drop odds than the Andariel (N) TC.

4. Nubin

Nubin IncGamers Member

So i could get a friend who has already killed say baal, and i could join the game and make sure i land the killing blow and that would make baal drop from the Baalq everytime?

5. AlphaStrikeII

AlphaStrikeII IncGamers Member

This is where I always get confused, what decides if it't a quest drop or not, I'm listing 3 scenarios here and from the statment above I would guess that only #1 would be a quest drop but I'm not sure and have been wondering abbout #2 for some time. If anyone knows for sure please post.

1) The creator of the game has not done quest and the one killing the boss has not done the quest. --> quest drop

2) The creator of the game has not done quest but the one killing the boss has done the quest. --> normal drop? does anyone needing the quest beeing in area or game have any effect on this?

3) Creator and killer both have quest --> normal drop (except Andariel bug)

6. Nubin

Nubin IncGamers Member

Im actually asking: Creator has done quest, but the one killing has not done quest.