Beta in september

djxput

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Beta in september

I think it's BS as interesting as it may sound. Bashiok stated that no beta keys have been handed out to anyone and I for one don't think he is just making that up. If the guy 'would' have a beta key, that it's subject to the NDA which he just violated by saying that he is a beta tester already and considering his high profile in the gaming world (although I have no idea who he is and could not care less), I reckon he no stupid enough to just have misunderstood the conditions and regulations in regards to the NDA.
I think this sums it up ...

to restate - if the guy is in the beta he is under NDA and so he is basically breaking it by saying the beta is in sept ...

I call BS - and its not that hard to guess sept could be the start of beta (if he picked an exact date then ok ... but ya like there is only mid august till what sept 30th left to fullfill what they suggested they were going to do.

Flux

Administrator

I didn't hear the show and know nothing about the guy, but from Frank's description, I don't see why there's such skepticism about his alleged remarks. He didn't say he was testing now. He just said he had a beta key, and that he thought the test would begin in Sept. It's not as if Bliz hasn't given out beta keys in advance; they passed out like 15,000 of them at Blizzcon 2008 in the goodie bags. And I'm sure numerous people who know people at Bliz have already been assured they're good to go, when the time comes.

Both his statements may be lies, but he could have been told something by people he knows at Bliz. I've been told about release dates, told I could have a beta key, told when betas were going to start, told about development delays, etc, by people working on other games. And quite casually; they just dropped it into email conversation.

Of course I didn't go blabbing them on a podcast, which is why those people told me those details in the first place. Since they trusted me not to make them public. Which is maybe the odd thing about this incident, since anyone with a contact to assure him of a d3 beta key and give a beta start estimate would surely know that it should be kept hush hush...?

TheHolyGrail

<a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a><br>D

as soon as i read they were a LoL player i knew i could rest easy in the knowledge that nothing they would have to say would be of any relevance

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

I was skeptical he could be that bad. O.O The tantrum started immediately. My poor ear drums...

Septar

Diabloii.Net Member

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that, might want to turn your volume down.

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

IDK about troll on the hotshot guy, but he's certainly a p-...erm...cat.

konfeta

Diabloii.Net Member

Sure they are. They know it, their fanbase (the non-delusional one) knows it, their haters know it, Riot Games knows it. Hell, the entirety of high ELO of solo que is a consistent trollfest.

"Sigh, Korea time again. Those f***ing koreans, I am telling you man!"

"This f***ing guy, screw this I am going AFK/play <insert non-LoL game here>"

I like them, I enjoyed watching their streams, but I will never deny that they are premium, high quality troll material. It comes with the territory of playing a DotA game.

Frank_the_tank

Diabloii.Net Member

It comes with the territory of playing a DotA game.
Well, that was just ludicrous.

Regarding HotshotGG in particular; he's easily annoyed and complains quite a lot if his team is doing badly. But trolling his viewers? Naa, I've never heard him do that. I still think the info he gave is legit.

Septar

Diabloii.Net Member

Regarding HotshotGG in particular; he's easily annoyed and complains quite a lot if his team is doing badly. But trolling his viewers? Naa, I've never heard him do that. I still think the info he gave is legit.
Well you can have fun being disappoint when you realize your idol is a troll.

Frank_the_tank

Diabloii.Net Member

Well you can have fun being disappoint when you realize your idol is a troll.
Maybe it takes one to know one, which would make you a reliable source in this matter. I guess I will just have to take your word for it. My idol is a troll and a liar.

konfeta

Diabloii.Net Member

Not particularly. DotA genre is the only one where I reliably got an average of two foulmouthed assholes/primadonas/trolls/AFK every game. I spent hundreds of hours playing DotA/Lol, and it is quite literally the worst online community I have ever seen.

Now, TrollshotQQ might have somehow legitimately gotten a beta key, buuuuut..... It just stretches my imagination a little too much.

fnwc

Diabloii.Net Member

I'd have to agree with konfeta. I played HoN for quite a while, and the community there is horrendous. I'm surprised the genre is still alive given the hostility toward new players there -- even in newbie games. The fact that these games often have a engine enforced "rage" tracking mechanic gives you some insight into the common type of player there.

As a side note, I think that the toxic atmosphere prevalent to these types of games stems from the gameplay mechanic of rewarding the enemy team whenever a teammate is killed -- beyond the penalty of simply losing a teammate for n seconds.

Not necessarily. I'm currently testing an MMO beta and the NDA forbids us to share any info from the testing period, even after the game goes live.

Granted, I don't expect the same will apply to D3, but still.
I'm curious...Which game is that moon?

valeo

Diabloii.Net Member

It's the Star Wars MMO - The Old Republic.

lol @ acting like it's some sort of super secret cool kids gang