Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

best zon ever

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by sugawolfpimp, May 18, 2005.

1. sugawolfpimp

sugawolfpimp IncGamers Member

best zon ever

a cs zon
    1360 archon enigma
    ss with 5/5 lite
    21/20 griffons (-16/15 base)
    198 ed upped T-gods
    29 maras
    20 dex ravenfrosts
    soj
    12/15 eth treks
    +3/20ias gloves
    7 java gc
    3 passive

2. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

what are you trying to point out with this?

3. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

I'll think you'll find(and perhaps our testers could check this) that Cs doesnt work with bare hands. :cool:

4. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

Ah, such a rough lump of clay we are given to work with...

1) The oversight of the Javelins is extremely laughable.
    2) The fact that nothing is mentioned of stats, skills, or strategy/gameplay says a lot about what it takes to be the "Best Zon Ever." *heh
    3) Enigma? SS? (I prefer CoH and Spirit = More CS damage and more resists.)
    4) Couldn't help but notice that some of your items are not perfect. Assuming, from your post, that items are all it takes to make "The Best Zon Ever", clearly, someone else could have the same setup as you, but with all perfs, and theirs is automatically better.
    5) What are your resists with this setup?

Welcome to the forums by the way. Might want to do some reading around here...

5. Wrathchild

Wrathchild IncGamers Member

only thing a java can do is bo kill/bum ppl in a pk game. though they have high dmg, imo they're easy as hell for most builds.

anyway if you are making a java, your items are totally wrong.
    where do you need an enigma? for getting easy strength maybe, but not a archon eni! and why the heck do you want an UPPED tg?
    maras is a poor choise for a java imo, 20 ias, 25 dex, 30 run > maras stats any time.

also you could explain some of your decisions now you just stuck your items here.

6. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Come on guys. Be nice. I think he is asking for advice on the gear he has selected for his best zon ever. Now, if you think his gear selection is wanting, then point out why and what gear you would suggest he use. Don't mock his gear selections with laughter and tell him to do some reading around here. It is a rough lump of clay, so let's begin by suggesting some other lumps and where he can find them.

7. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Mkay, some suggestions:

Enigma makes no sense. It sure has +2skills, frw and a nice +str bonus, but CoH gives resists along with +2skills. Javazons tend to run fast anyway.

And why on earth an upped tgods? the strength req of a colussus girdle is not to play with. I think tgods is already too high ;)

8. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

Yes, yes, I'm a jerk...
    (I already knew.)

Try a CoH instead of the Enigma. Zons cast so slow the tele will just get you killed, and the mods on CoH are much more useful to you. I'd go with a Cat's Eye instead of Mara's. Everyone seems to be in agreement that the upped T-gods is not the way to go. I would suggest a normal T-gods or Razortail. I would also recommend Spirit over SS. Titan's revenge, of course, are the only way to go. Do not be seduced by the darkside of the T-Stroke, Titan's is supreme!!!!!!!! (imho)

Also try some of the Zon guides. The guides on this sight made me what I am today. (In D-land anyway...)

9. chaca

chaca IncGamers Member

I"m questioning the SOJ. IMHO i would think that a BK, even a low one, would be superior for the cs zon. But hey, I mainly play strafers. Anyone else have an opinion on the SOJ he listed?

10. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Well, since mana probably wont be the major problem, a bk ring will be more useful. Bk rings add life, which always is nice. Sojs add 1-25 lightning damage, which really doesnt help much ;)
    gogo BK

11. Wrathchild

Wrathchild IncGamers Member

I'd get a nice stats ring over a bk, i.e str, dex, life/mana, res rare ring. ofc those cost more and are more rare..

If a zon gets max res without coh, enigma beats it anytime. Also you could go for a eni bp/lp and go base str. the % life, dmg reduce, huge str bonus, 2 skills, frw are great mods.

12. aZNx05J3

aZNx05J3 IncGamers Member

For PvP, use a BP Enigma if you're going base Str or something. Don't upgrade the TGods (there's a crazy Str Req). Don't use an SoJ, use a BK Ring if you want the +Skill. I would use all Java GCs or put some Life/Res SCs. A +2/20IAS/Stat Gloves would be better.

13. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

enigma>all armors for cs zon vs all but other cs zons.
    i have a friend who is obsessed with cs zons so he spent a crapload (300-400+ HRS) on hit.
    basically he kills most builds with it, including necros.
    how?
    legit farcasting and namelocking with an attack rightlick then switching to tele for a delayed lock (kinda like with ww barbs).
    with engima and a rare +2 + resist +stats ammy he is able to have alot of life (its lvl 90 somethin now but i remember when it was only 83 and he had 3.5k life). add passives and an attack that 1-2 hits most builds even with max/stacked resist and its a pretty nice build.
    thing most ppl dont put much into a jav zon so they usually are trash. also most ppl dont know how to farcast cs.

14. SlainByPain

SlainByPain IncGamers Member

Few additions:

Go with arachs or verds for a belt.

Nigma is fine for pvp (lower str would be better though).

Compared to what an um or ber could do to help you, facet is rather useless in the ss.

The 3 passives are pointless, go with 10 javas.

Edit: A few days ago, I saw a cs zon say he was "legitly farcasting" by scrolling... :confused: "It's not AA its scroll and thats legit" :confused:

15. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Having in mind this is the first post of this guy and reading the stuff he posted, I think he prolly is a banned who has just made a joke. You ate the hook I´m afraid.

16. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

And I'm afraid that you can be banned for making unwarranted comments that I consider spamming the forums. Let me be the judge, jury, and executioner of users here. We mods have access to a few other pages of info that you do not have.

17. dagee

dagee IncGamers Member

This is probably a dumb question but +3/20 ias gloves. This is possible? I thought +2 to skill level was the highest.

Never mind got my answer.

18. SlainByPain

SlainByPain IncGamers Member

It's possible on magical gloves. Lancers gloves of alarcity would give +3/20ias.