Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BEST Weapon for Frenzy Barb?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by MasterWolf, May 27, 2005.

1. MasterWolf

MasterWolf Diabloii.Net Member

BEST Weapon for Frenzy Barb?

I saw the guide, but there were so many options, so I have to ask you guys...

Assuming that cost is no problem, what is the OPTIMAL weapons in all aspects for a Frenzy Barb. I'm building him for fun, but hope that he will be strong enough to solo Hell and Baal, and that's pretty much all I ask. I'm looking for best all around weapons, so I know what to get before I build him, and would like them to be the same weap class to Maximize Mastery Usage.

I'm thinking 2 Ebotz or 1 Ebotz and 1 Beast (can u make in a zerker?).

All help is appreciated.

2. bluedragoon

bluedragoon Diabloii.Net Member

both sound nice, buth beast doesnt do a lot of dmg, but does give u more speed and very high dmg with botd. beast can be made in zerker

3. jordy666

jordy666 Diabloii.Net Member

2 eth zod stormlashes

-jordy :king:

4. Taz

Taz Diabloii.Net Member

I`m really curious how those will look in action.

5. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares Diabloii.Net Member

well, strong enough is easy, I didn't write the guide until my guy had soloed baal, killed DC, and all that other fun stuff and he wasn't using any pricey runewords

6. MasterWolf

MasterWolf Diabloii.Net Member

But Ash, the problem is you left us with a LOT of options at all the gear, but I didn't see an "optimal" or "best possible" gear listing. Assuming I can afford it, I'd like to know what he SHOULD wear to be the best he can be, within reason. You listed Azurewrath, but isn't an EBotDZ better? If so, I'd rather buy some of those. I just was confused on what the best gear for him would be, because you gave so many options. Which in no way whatsoever is a BAD thing, but I was just curious, cause I've only ever built one barb in my life, and that was a 1.9 Berserker.

7. Ash Housewares

as for whats best, I didn't test everything, I had intended to, but never got to it, the guide was intended more as a poor mans or early ladder rushers untwinked guide than a high budget thing, and now there are new runewords I've never tried

anyways, I wanted to spend as little time on the equipment section as necessary so that everyone could make their own decisions, doing alot of damage fast is good for any build so fast high damage weapons like ebotd are of course going to do well, and no repair cost is nice too

8. taydar

taydar Diabloii.Net Member

I beat hell ball with a lightsabre and an azurewrath. Frenzy rocks.

9. Phil

Phil Diabloii.Net Member

Along the line of weapon changes, as long as you can get LL and ML from other sources, how about dual eth Deathcleavers?

phil

edit: along with 37% Deadly Strike from highlords and 22% Crit. Strike from mastery, you get about 102-103% chance for double damage.(although its prolly capped at 95% like most things)

10. Ash Housewares

I used 2x regular death cleavers, I liked the LS/Azure combo better for the versatiliy with sanctuary and elemental damage, but eth DCs could do well with proper complementing gear, my guy does ok but he's really at a loss vs. PI, easily enough countered though

11. rikstaker

rikstaker Diabloii.Net Member

Deadly/critical isnt capped. :).

Rik

12. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i just finished mine, used doom/beast. a lot of fun. :)

its a pain in teh (omg) repairing after every game though. =o

13. lCE

lCE Diabloii.Net Member

How about dual last wish phases? :), or LW cb + phase if u wanted a bit more physical dmg, u would have 100% cb, lvl 34 might, constantly casting life tap, have fade on u 100% of the time, and get some mf to boot, low physical damage wouldnt really matter because each hit would carry crushing blow.
    With standard barb boot choice (gores) u would have ~85% cb on each weapon, if u added 20% ias 10% cb gloves u would have 95%.

14. Kull

Kull Diabloii.Net Member

Afaik might aura wouldn't be doubled but altering between the 2 lvl 17 ones ..... CB works until you reach half of the monsters life then you have to kill him with your phisycal/ele etc. damage

15. riplix

riplix Diabloii.Net Member

you mixed up cb and static. iirc cb will work below 50% but has diminishing. the lower the targets life the less the effect of cb. static stops @ 50% life.

last wish is imo underrated and a nice option for frenzy. fade, lifetap, itd and cb make this a hell of a weapon. but downsides (extremely expensive, might can be provided by a merc, rather low dmg in pbs) have to be considered.

imo a frenzy setup is highly dependent on a good might merc with pride and a smart and complementing choice of gear oc.

fortitude + might + conc should keep your dmg and ar skyhigh. from this point you lack a group killer and this is static -> eth stormlash. downside of eth stormlash is the mace route which limits the choice a lot -> another eth sl or oath scourge.

otherwise i don't see a need for doom in pvm unless hc (eth dc neither, ow makes this a pvp top choice). grief, botd are the ususal outstanding candidates.

16. Ash Housewares

I really think great equipment is overvalued, I didn't even use a merc, I had decent gear, I did fine, if you want optimum stuff, then go for it, but I don't see how you'd be dependent on a might merc when you could be unkillable

17. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom Diabloii.Net Member

Seriously, dual Stormlashes are all you need. Fancy runewords or not, you can't argue with static+cb for pvm. Gface+gores+2*stormlash will kill so fast Baal will be crying for his mum. Especially ethereal Stormlashes rock, though it isn't necessary. I mean, suuuure, you could use Lastwish and Grief, but aren't dual scourges a lot more stylish? :thumbsup:

HoD

18. Ash Housewares

I was never able to acquire stormlashes so I wasn't able to test them otherwise I'd be singing their praises

that's a big nudgenudge winkwink gib free plz!!1

19. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom Diabloii.Net Member

Well, I can tell from experience that:

a) Doombringers aren't good for frenzy (deleted swordfrenzy barb)
    b) Nords+Schaefers rocks
    c) Nords+ Stormlash is better than b)
    d) that dual Stormlash is better than c)

I haven't tested ethereal ones, because I think Frenzy barbs should be cheap ^_^ But I've seen people use Beast+Doom, 2*BotD BA, Beast+BA, and I still think static+cb rocks :teeth:

PS: No free for y00, unless you're on EuNL :p

HoD

20. Ash Housewares

yech, doombringer stinks, weaken makes it useless