Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best weapon for a pvp ww barb.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by IHATENAMES, Apr 23, 2005.

1. IHATENAMES

IHATENAMES IncGamers Member

Best weapon for a pvp ww barb.

What is the best weapon for a pvp ww barb? Tell me what weapon I should put the runeword in.

2. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

Sigh....

Check the guides. :rolleyes:

Rik

3. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

if u cant find the guides, botd zerker and grief and beast imo, grief only if ladder ofc

4. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

On NonLadder. EBotd Zerker + Beast Zerker.

5. IHATENAMES

IHATENAMES IncGamers Member

is grieg phase blade better or grief berserker axe?

6. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

depdens on char, but if you have one Zerk, then go for the other Zerk as well because you'll meet maximum speed, more damage and same req.

7. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

not to mention if you plan on dual weilding you'll want a zerker since you can use beast as a support weapon. if you use swords the only other weapon is another grief... or something messed up like a last wish cs (which would blow... because you be swinging like a slow mofo). if you plan on trading for a grief zerker... make sure it has 34 ias.

8. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

Grief and Beast Zerker duel weilding so far seems to bring out the best results.

9. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

u guys for leaving out blood and rare axes ;)

10. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

does it matter put on which hand?

11. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

I believe it does. Just like assn dual claw? Not too sure.

12. luiccn

luiccn IncGamers Member

umm....

:D idk without shield no block, so u got dmged every time, ebotdz + ss is the best weapon combo, ebotdz + beastz is PvM purposes.

luiz

13. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

i believe (i'm just throwing some random **** out here... go check a guide) you'll want you higher damage weapon to be on you main hand since that hits first by itself. the way to make sure is to take both weapons off and equip your high damage one first.

14. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

You ONLY need shield in bvb. Block is NOT needed in ANY other duel period. Any other meleechar can be killed with crap def and no block.

You should always equip the highest dmg weapon first (botd or grief) and the less damaging one last (i.e. beast). This is because only the primary weapon hits at the first 4:th frame of whirling, hence you want as much damage as possible since that's your first hit after tele. After that, both weapons hit each 4:th frame.

15. Paulsummoner

Paulsummoner Banned

To my opinion, there are two weapons that are very powerfull for barb:
    1.Death Cleaver for it's Death Strike, togother with critical strike from weapon mastery you will have 74% to do double damage.
    2.ebotd Berserker axe, for it's average damage and speed and other useful things.
    But which one is better I don't know. However I would go for Cleaver, for it's deadly strike, but I may be wrong, someone correct me, please.

16. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Botd is actually better for barbs. You get better avg damage with botd+highlords+gores+mastery than any possible dc-setup.

Grief is easily the #1 wwbarb-weapon though, even the worst possible grief ba >>>>>>>>>>>> 415 ebotd ba.

17. blobs

blobs Banned

actually u dont need block for melee vs melee either, even to fight bvb barbs.
    of course this only works if you have perfect or near perfect gear and use certain whirl tricks, but my barb with 8k defense, no block can take out all but the best bvb barbs, and get pretty good ratios even on eth bug arreat / eth bug stone type bvbs with mass open wounds and all.

the tricks is this... shield barbs have 6k life, nonshield has 7.5k. shield barbs hit 1-2 times per whirl intersection, non-shield hits 2-3 times. therefore, it is extremely in the advantage of the shieldless to intersect as little as possible, since a shieldless barb has a much higher chance of hitting AND triggering open wounds. however, a shieldless barb gets less % life taken off per open wounds, while opwn wounds hurts a shielded lower life barb far more %age wise.

combine this with sudden attacks, leap + telewhirls to the side, and whirling at ends and capping whirls to maximize your contact surfaces while minimizing time spent in his whirl, and usually even BvB barbs will get owned real fast. therefore theres no reason at all, even for bvb, to use a shield.

/w *blobs uswest if u got a bvbbarb to try and fight my shieldless

and to answer the other question, for all purpose barbs grief.beast or botd/beast is best. for bvb fighting, some people like fury or beast zerker better.

18. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

I refuse to accept that.

Shield barbs have 40k defense nonshield has 20k.
    Shield barb has >25k ar shieldless has around 15k.

Shield barbs by virtue of block & defense wont be hit by 90% of shieldless barb attacks.i.e 1 in 10.
    Shieldless barbs will be hit by 50% of shield barb attacks.i.e 1 in 2.

I disproved the notion that a shieldless barb has a much higher chance of hitting above, for the second part:

Ow dmg @ clvl 90=533

% of 6k life shield barb=100*533/6000=8.8%
    % of 7.5k life shieldless barb=100*533/7500=7.1%

besides for ow to work you need high ar & the fact that he can block & has higher defense renders even the minor difference above futile.Moreover,ow(duress to be precise) has been sidelined with the coming of fort,but still the sources in dracs & gores is useful. It will be difficult to trigger often enough with following tactics:

Easier said then done especially when the specs are against you.

/w *rikstaker1 on useast ladder, I Havent got a barb atm but my witchyzon can provide some entertainment.:lol:

19. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

You're only beating BvB barbs because you're much a much better dueler than them. There's no way to beat an BvB of equal gear and skill with a BvC. Take it as a compliment. :D

20. blobs

blobs Banned

i refuse to accept that shieldless barbs can lose to anything!! :lol:

thats where widow usage, leaping, and teleporting to various angles comes in. i suppose a shield barb can do that too , but a shield barb player is 99% of time not as good as a shieldLESS barb player, so its still sort of like that.

about the ar/def things.. with "BvB" gear i have 8k defense and 16k AR. My BvB barb opponents have 20k -40k defense and 25-30k AR and with 75 block. Vs the best ones i can get up to 30% wins without using widow maker. Theortically i should lose 99.99998% of the time.

vs regular shielded barbs that are not bvb, i always win.

Math is not very representative of application, espcially with factors like teleport and whirling tricks.

someone with a bvb barb, come fight me. talking and mathing-caculating is nothing, when you see it you'll believe it.
    its not just me either, theres several barbs on west nl, non shielded that can regularly take out the best BvB barbs without a shield.

i think with additional tricks loaded on the weapon switch, a shieldless barb WILL always be able to beat shiedled regardless of what they use.