Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best WC Weapons?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by BierWiser, Sep 3, 2006.

1. BierWiser

BierWiser IncGamers Member

Best WC Weapons?

Even though the CTA only gives max 3 to Battle Orders on the weapon, does it give 4 to Battle Orders because of the +1 to all skills?

Since then, should I get two CTAs, or two +3 WC weapons/Heart of the Oaks.

One site said, one CTA, and one Heart of the Oak, I don't know why.

This is for a dueler.

2. eA-Zaku

eA-Zaku IncGamers Member

a Call to Arms with +3 to Battle Orders and Battle Command or higher is essentially a +4 Warcry stick.

However, it will only give +1 to Shout. If you need the defense from Shout, just use x3 warcry weapons. If you don't care, then you will get -6 shout for +2 to Battle Orders and maybe Battle Command if you have a decent CtA.

3. jmsplat

jmsplat IncGamers Member

2x dooms' usefulness surpass all those above and make up for the less skills

4. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

The +skills on a skill that your character already has (in this case, BO), is limited at a TOTAL of +3, aka the other CTA will just give you +1 all skills with +0 bo. So you will have +3 bo, +2 all skills, totaling at +5 Bo. With 2* Hotos, you gain +6 bo, +6 shout+ 6 bc. With a Hoto and a CTA you will gain +3 bo, +4 all skills, totaling at +7 bo.

Then use 2* Dooms. The dooms will allow you to BM bowazons and javazons. It will also help you when you duel vs. telesmiters. Also, it can get you a huge number of kills when opponents are on 1 life. It can kill wolves and the oak sage of a windie too.

5. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

yeah 2x doom is usefull as the stacked aura can be used vs bow amas, Windies, i.e destroying minnions and reduce the chances of bo kill.

although u get a total of 4 bo but the other usefullness of this weap is made up.

6. Bulgarian

Bulgarian Banned

Hoto is for show

Echo daggers socketed with fal with +20 to strength each ftw.

7. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Throwing weapons cannot be socketed IIRC. And daggers can only have 1 socket.

Echoing throwing knifes of Lifetap (+3 wc / lifetap charges) would be godly. 2* of those please.

However, 2* Dooms are still superior in 99.9% of cases.

8. BierWiser

BierWiser IncGamers Member

So, Dooms are good to use against targets that you need to slow down, and any other target, you just use your main weapons? Or, does the doom freeze them and freeze them long enough to switch and attack them with that.

Is the Holy Freeze aura the only advantage for the sacrifice of -2 less to the Warcries?

Thanks for the help, hadn't thought of double Dooms.

How many SOJs are Dooms in Non-Ladder? Any ideas?
    What does BM mean? :undecided:

9. jmsplat

jmsplat IncGamers Member

I had cool yellow falfal echoing crystal swords before until I upgraded to 2x doom
    Doom also does enough damage and can reach a little bit off-screen to allow you to kill any char with low life by teleing by them a few times, and can kill druid minions in 2-3 flashes, and owns town bear druids, and allows you to nk easily (if provoked first of course). There's more but I'm too lazy to type them all.

On NL doom zerks are 3 soj and ettin/other base 2 soj. I use 2x ettin cuz I'm a cheapscape :D

10. Barloc

Barloc IncGamers Member

Larzuk gave 2 sockets to my Echo Blade and Kris, both dagger "class".

The plus is that they take up very little space in the stash, same as a widowmaker, for example:thumbsup:

11. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Well, for "dagger", I think about "dagger", the Normal version of Bone Knife, which can only ever have 1 socket.