Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best way to make wealth on the new ladder

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by denverpoker, Mar 19, 2010.

1. denverpoker

denverpoker IncGamers Member

Best way to make wealth on the new ladder

I've seen this question asked here and there, but I've never seen a definative answer.

Seems to me there are four way to create wealth the easiest and fastest.

1) Farm meph again and again (sure throw in Andy). Very easy and cheap to do with Blizz sorc. If you are going to do this should you do the quest glitch?
    2) Rush people for the forges. If people can still level in the CS in hell like they can now. Then this should be wildly popular. What would the best rusher be? I'm guessing meteor orb sorc.
    3) A goldfind/gambling character. I'm guessing this is much more expensive to make. Especially the gf/barb. A necro they say can do it naked, but how do you first start to get your good gear.
    4) Torch wealth. This is crucial at the start of the ladder. I'm trying to think that it's not necessarily getting torches, it's the keys that matter. The key one, (pun intended). Until somebody gets a Nature's Peace very few characters can run Nith safely. I'm thinking a pure trapper should be able to do it.
    5) Go for socketables pits/cows - I personally think this way is not it, although I've done a ton in past, mostly because I like playing bowazon. This may change with the new rune drop rate though.
    6) Go crafting - It seems to me that you need to be high enough level to get really good stuff you need to be a high level.
    7) Roll GC's from Diablo, Baal, and Nith. At the begining of ladder when nobody seems to have skill charms seems a good way. Of course this means lots of boss runs.

I really think that 1-4 are the best for the begining and it will evolve into the other forms as the season goes on.

2. KillaMike

KillaMike Banned

Re: Best way to make wealth on the new ladder

so.... you asking best way to get wealth, or telling us how to get best wealth? ^^#

3. theBanger

theBanger IncGamers Member

4. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

8) Running easy TC85 areas in full games. Sorc can start running those at 2nd day. Runes hunting, elite uniqs and charms/jools.
    9) Make good friends in Bnet. So you can share all, easier to do runs together when no hurry to pickup items.

5. Grumpy Old Wizard

Grumpy Old Wizard IncGamers Member

Run Meph.

The rune drop rate has improved. So:
    Run Cows and areas for gems, charms, jewels and runes.

Make an item find barb to run Hell Travincial for runes, charms, jewels, and gems.

6. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

how is that possible ?
    do people stay up all night playing or what ?
    its not as though you can be rushed or skip areas

somebody has to be he first to run through Act 3 and find all the pieces for Khalim's Flail and smash the Orb to portal others through
    somebody has to be the first to run that horrible maze of the Arcane Sanctuary

and not just once, but twice, to be able to get to hell difficulty

it takes me forever just to find Cain the very time in normal mode;
    no mana, no teleport, no twinked gear; running around smacking everything 20 times with a dinky little sword

7. Dakkas

Dakkas IncGamers Member

Running Meph is something I found to be extremely reliable to help get someone on their feet. I've been able to outfit most of my characters with items from him which in turn has allowed me to make a Hammerdin, Barb and Java all for MFing their respective areas

8. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen IncGamers Member

Dedicated teamplay with 8 party specialized groups, that divide into smaller groups to finish quests more quickly. Most have done it before, and know exactly how their role plays out - it's mostly for the thrill of being the first to kill hell Baal. And these guys know what items to keep/make, what areas to run/farm and what levels to reach before moving on. It's a non-stop mission in front of the computer until the game has been completed.

9. TheBigClown

TheBigClown IncGamers Member

I think 1) should be kept to a minimun as he can't really drop the good uniques. I would only run him for selfuse.

I'm not sure 2) will be a reliable income. First you have to scout the games and then you actually have to have found somebody that won't scam you.

My own plan is to start running nm meph for items that will allow me to run hell meph and once I have items for a decent pure light soso I'll be running all keys. It's possible to run hinla without a nature's peace.

10. KillaMike

KillaMike Banned

regarding this, CTA done it from normal to baal death in hell in under 7 hours of play (piss breaks, pizza delivery break all counted in) so it isnt that hard to get to hell baal and kill em with 8 naked characters who know what they are doing.

11. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen IncGamers Member

And of course this is hardcore - softcore might be a tad faster.

12. KillaMike

KillaMike Banned

and if you ll take all breaks (pizza's and so on) it might take under 6 hours. yeah, not hard to get to hell with dedicated team of 8.

13. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

so I guess they divide the quest for khalim's flail among the team ?
    2 people run for each part and meet back in town ?
    that would definitely be a time saver

14. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

my $0.02:

i'd start with a straight up fishymancer who will eventually become a goldfinder.

once i manage to trade for the gear for a ghetto ilkori'sin (eg: a ravenfrost, some kind of half decent shield and a nice CB weapon), i'd start running Nihlathak like a whore.

for the ^n'th time: one does not need the SMRIP mod in order to safely run Nihlathak. READ THIS

i suggest a Kick/Trap'sin for the task.

15. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

You basically only need a barb and a couple sorcs. (BO/Tele everything after norm is done, static act bosses and ancients). An added necro for decrep/amp/LR will make things even speedier and safer. Assassins/amazons/druids only really get viable (for playing THAT fast) after barb/sorc spots are filled in.

16. YoungOcelot

YoungOcelot Banned

With the new Respec system, I will dump lots of points to warmth and teleport so I won't be desperate for a Insight. Mercs suck against Mephisto anyway.

After I've gathered enough gear (Some Tal's parts and Occy), I will respec from Blizzard to Lightning and start collecting keys.

17. TheBigClown

TheBigClown IncGamers Member

It's possible to do safe moat with a merc around. If your mf-routine is more than just meph it's nice to have a merc around - especially if it's a new ladder, which I think this thread is about.

18. YoungOcelot

YoungOcelot Banned

I know it's possible, but not worth the trouble.

19. KillaMike

KillaMike Banned

depends how you play, and what merc you using.

20. DevilbIrd

DevilbIrd IncGamers Member

Actually sins make great work of normal as they quickly get traps which can kill everything and zons get CS for bosses and what not.

Also, the respec system made the CTA much faster because you can throw all your points into a spell that is good for normal and then respec for a good nightmare spell.