Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

best way to get a soj [L]

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by leadfart, Feb 27, 2004.

1. leadfart

leadfart IncGamers Member

best way to get a soj [L]

Anyone here considered doing sololy soj runs? Since soj is ilvl 29, I think it is possible to start getting it from norm diablo (mlvl 40). It would be cool, if meph can produce soj but he's 3 lvl too low. A decent tele sorc can easily go in ignore all the monsters, kill the three bosses and finish diablo in 2 mins. Another possible advantage is that at low lvl there are a lot less treasure class to choose from. I assume a ring has better chance of dropping there than in hell. Also, only 3 rings can be choosen at diablo's lvl, soj should have a much higher chance of dropping in unique ring. Finally, it appears norm, nm bosses drop uniques at a higher rate, since blizzard only nerf the mf of hell meph, pindle...etc.
    Any input? Overkill feels so nice :)

2. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

I hear nm Andy is best for soj-finding.....

3. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

found mine on hell andy

4. ff-iceman

ff-iceman IncGamers Member

SoJ/Bul

All my self found soJ(11) were found between NM andy Nm triv.
    I have found 6 bul kathos rings all in triv Hell if u wanted to know,
    Atm using a 490%mf hammerdin for speed mfing, hes my fav mfer since enigma was activated since he can generate 10k hammers and maintain 490%mf, thats much better than my mf sorc at 2k orb 510%mf , but down to ur taste i guess. Anyway, thats my experience for ring finds.

5. JamesMartigo

JamesMartigo IncGamers Member

Is it possible to find/gamble SoJ if you are already wearing one? (this was the case in older version I believe). Or can it drop in any game, if a SoJ hasn't fallen yet in that game.

By the way, what do you mean by "NM triv"?

6. Stubbs

Stubbs IncGamers Member

There was a thorough posting on the matter, and its conclusion was norm trav than meph then andy. And apparently from what ppl were saying, you need to find 1 unique ring (mostly being a manald) in the same game before you have another unique ring to drop which should be an soj. A guy did about 1200 of these runs and got 3 sojs. So take that into consideration. Or just go pit run and sell all the items that get you 35000 and then try your luck at gambling. I would feel better about myself if my gold actually got me an soj. My friend got their mara that way.

7. master.zz

master.zz IncGamers Member

re

got mine on travi council nightmare, but i think i was ubberly lucky this day

8. egoots

egoots IncGamers Member

Do you mean NM Trav... (i.e. not Norm)?

I thought that was an old bug long since fixed.

FWIW- I found my one and only legit SOJ dropped by Bremm Sparkfist (just before Meph) in Classic 1.09. I'm just starting to play 1.10 again now... so I dont have much to add about any changes.

9. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

I've found 2 sojs in 1.10 ladder so far, from doing meph runs. imo if you still need items, just keep doing meph or andy runs. The chance of dropping multiple uniques and items will get u unique rings, and if not, at least some other useful uniques.

10. igorpotapov

igorpotapov Banned