Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best way to get a good 4s staff?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by nebby, Feb 24, 2004.

1. nebby

nebby IncGamers Member

Best way to get a good 4s staff?

I've been trying to make a memory staff for my enchantress, with inherent +'s to anything useful (enchant, fire skills, ES, etc). I've finally managed to cube/trade the runes (I shudder to think which ones could be duped, but since they're relatively mid-level, I hope none). The hardest part is finding a stupid staff to put them into. Trading is near impossible, as no one picks up these things unless they need them already themselves. You can't buy them from Akara, etc. Anyone got any good ideas?

2. treldonis

treldonis IncGamers Member

If you are in hell level, you can find a 'white' staff in the Pit and then use the socketing recipe to max it to 4. It must be a staff that takes up only 4 spots in your stash(cedar?).

That might not help you if you haven't reached hell yet. I usually have a character that finds/makes the items for lower level characters by running the Pit. Been making "beginning character" mules so I can try other builds.

You can always go to the hardcore trade forum and ask. I have been looking for a 5 socket naga for my new barb there.

Treldonis

3. lasthero

lasthero IncGamers Member

hey i got a 4 socket magic elder staff msg me *y_yun on bnet and we'll work out something

4. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Just a reminder: if it's a "blue" magic staff, you can't make a rune word in it.

5. nebby

nebby IncGamers Member

That's exactly the problem with buying one- that's all the old gal Akara will sell you...she's a nice lady, just not all there, ya know?

@ lasthero: is that a magic four socket staff? if so, well, see above. if not, are you on HCLWest?

Sorry ZF, I really didn't mean for this to be a trade post, just posting the frustrations of finding specific normal elite items.

6. nebby

nebby IncGamers Member

Heh, yeah, my trapper and spearazon are both in the hell Pit lookin' for her (the enchantress), but they keep finding these useless green breastplates and blue staves...

7. Slaïne

Slaïne IncGamers Member

Buy a white +3 enchant staff from Drognan in normal, look for brands gnarled or battle, and let larzuk do the rest.

8. lasthero

lasthero IncGamers Member

yea it is magic :/ and im on east heh