Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best way to find a soj

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by zeratul123, Feb 2, 2004.

1. zeratul123

zeratul123 IncGamers Member

Best way to find a soj

What is the fastest way i can find a soj?

From looking at d2data i think nm andy has a good chance because she has highest drop rate of ring and she cant drop the higher rings. ALso iv heard she onlly drops quest items

So can someone tell me what the chance of getting a soj from nm andy is with 400mf?

2. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

yes normal diablo and nm andy drop the soj at best odds but mfing in lvl 85 ares and tradeing what u find is a good way too, odds seem the same to me as finding good items and sojs, i have found no sojs in this ladder season but, i have found 2 gfs clearing world stone lvls 2 and 3 (i s :teeth: :teeth: t u not)

3. theeellama

theeellama IncGamers Member

What did you use to look at d2data? I'm trying to open it with notepad, but all it's given me so far is alot of lag. :eek:

4. DarkY

DarkY IncGamers Member

andy NM is best. NO doubt

5. StygianApothegm

StygianApothegm IncGamers Member

i found my soj off of nm radament. well i died tho so it's gone now.

6. AlphaStrikeII

AlphaStrikeII IncGamers Member

I've found 2 on ladder, one from random mstr in nm Chaos Sanctuary and one from eighter hell Meph or Baal (can't remember wich). But you can just forget looking for any specific item in this game. The odds of any one item dropping are never good and if you're actually looking for them they never dropp. Just to illustrate I've wanted a Cresent Moon runeword for my pala so I've done 2-400 countess runs and not found a Um (but 2 Mal and several other good ones). I've been looking for a Goldwrap and still haven't found it but as mentioned I've found 2 sojs, additionally I've found 2 shakos, 2 skulder's, Arcaine vallor +2 and Grand father..... (Could have traded for 'wrap and Um of course, but it just dosen't seem like the same as actually finding them ;) )
    But when it comes to sojs, run a high lvl area and trade for them, the odds are really low.

7. Kamelbarn

Kamelbarn IncGamers Member

Try http://www.d2data.net instead :p

8. F1R3STR1D3R

F1R3STR1D3R IncGamers Member

My friend found 3 SoJs on hell andy ladder

9. zeratul123

seriously i need a couple sojs for my ladder necro. People wont trade sojs for anything other than ber/jah and I didnt dupe at all and iv already used my ber and jah that i had

can someone tell me the chance of getting a soj from nm and hell andy with 450mf? i just want to know that!

10. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

I am hunting a SoJ ... or a Ravenfrost ... or a Bul-Kathos , all to no avail :(

I have killed Hell Baal, Normal Baal and several others to get a total of 5 Dwarf Star rings and I'm sick of them :rant:

Does anyong know what the chances of getting a unique ring is? I seem to have to get a lot more rings to drop (which are obviously already magical normally) to get a rare or unique than I have to for other sorts of equipment (except amulets) drops such as armour which can have a wider range of qualities from cracked, through normal to set and unique. So does mf work differently for rings and amulets.

Incidently, I am having the same problem with the high level set amulets such as Tal Rasha's ... all I seem to be able to get is Cathan's and Angelic even in the pit and other level 85 areas. What are the cahnces of these droping as well.

Sorry to hijack this thread but I know some members here can answer these detailed questions in a comprehensive manner. :spy:

11. zeratul123

can you tell me how many runs he did?

12. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

zeratul123, bro, I know it's hard to contemplate, but this is completely random. There is no doubt that NM Andy has the best drop rate, so running her is probably best (or just going about your business doing pit runs, you'll get better items and still have a chance at the SoJ).

Hell, I remember going around the forums asking how many runs someone did to get a card on a YuGiOh game.. thing is, it doesn't matter. It's all random. MF will increase your chances at getting a unique ring, but that hardly means it will be a ring drop or even an SoJ.

13. Daevren

Daevren IncGamers Member

I found one on a normal devilkin in Tristan NM.

My lucky day I guess.

14. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

hell meph for mine (sc ladder) and my best advice is mf like CRAZY (ull either find one [enough rings) or have enough stuff to trade)

15. igorpotapov

igorpotapov Banned

I agree. No doubt. The fastest way to find SOJ is NM Andy Run. Why? If you want to know more, read http://www.diabloii.net/items/item-generation.shtml. I tested it and you can test it by yourself too. Short facts:
    1. Andariel drops more rings and amulet, that any other monster.
    2. NM Andariel Can drop SOJ, Nagelring and Manald Heal.
    3. NM Andariel Can’t drop any other unique ring.
    4. If NM Andy drops unique ring then chance of SOJ are 1:31.
    5. In Pit, for example, chance of uring to be SOJ are 1:59. And monsters drop not so many rings as Andy.
    6. Andariel Has bug. She doesn’t drop gold, arrows, etc. if you complete all quests in act 1.
    7. NM Andy Can drop ANY set amulet. Do you want Tal’s Ammy? 1 of 45 set amulets is Tal’s Adjunction.
    8. In 8ppl game (or /players8 in SP) NM Andy ALWAYS drop 6 items. In solo game she even can drop 0 items.

I personally found SOJ, several perfect Nagels (one true perfect with 30MF and 75AR), tons of Frostburns, Magefists, Waterwalks, unique Wands, Shaels, Amns, Rockstopers and many many other items on my NM Andy Runs (about 1000 runs). SP Sorc. From 45 to 75 seconds per run (from one S&E moment to another). Always /players8. I hold screenshots of all set amulets I find, so I can count my chances. But I don’t yet found second SOJ for my sorc and Tal’s Amulet.

So… Good luck!

Edit:
    O! I forgot MF. More MF doesn’t increase your chances after about 200%. Yes, theoretically it increases, but by vary few percent. For example I can’t see difference in drops between 300%MF and 400%MF. Theoretically difference present, but monsters drop same amount of uniques per run practically. You can say: “It all about luckâ€, but test it by yourself and see difference. If you can do run faster with fewer MF, then did it! You will find more uniques with 200%MF and 40%R/W then with 250%MF and 25%R/W for example. To see real difference between 200%MF and 250% you must done about 10000 runs, or even more. And if you can add 100%MF and not lose in speed, why not to did it?

16. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info, I also need a few sojs!
    I guess I'll try running andy NM next few days.

Perhaps I'll resurrect my fire sorc or make a new one, since andy is very weak to fire, I suspect one fireball must kick her ***.

17. igorpotapov

igorpotapov Banned

My tactic for 8ppl Andy: Teleport to her, Orb to slow her and other monsters, Static 3/4 of her life, then 2 Meteors (6k), and Fireballs (3k) until death. About 5-10 seconds to kill.

18. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

oh but my fireballs do 10k.

19. Daevren

Daevren IncGamers Member

NM Andy can't be too hard...

20. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

Just did 200 runs of nightmare andy, took all day!!
    Each game was open to the public, named free item x.
    And each game had 5-8 people inside everytime I killed andy.
    I recieved and filtered all drops and then gave anything not acceptable to the public in the next game.
    Anyway
    I found 2 unique rings, both were nagel, and one unique amulet, the oak.
    407 mf, and a high level blizzard with all synergies and static field, took andy down in 1-2 seconds each game.

Im going back to hell mephisto, the only thing I really gained was tons of flawless gems and quite a few runes (shael, amn, lum). I think everyone in those games appeciated my item dropoffs ^_^
    I gave away 2 vipermagi, 3 spirit shroud, 2 ik pieces, 2 hexfire, endless normal sets and uniques, and a few exceptional uniques, not bad item wise I suppose.

This is on ladder btw, so andy has more defense and hitpoints and damage.