Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best way to farm Tyrael's Might?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by weakbtich, Jan 27, 2016.

1. weakbtich

weakbtich IncGamers Member

Main question:
    Which character class + skillbuild + gear + farming strategy do you think is the most efficient when hunting for "non-Pindleskin" uniques in 1.13 SP? I.e. who can get the highest "expected Tyrael's Might drops per playtime spent" ratio? ^^

Side question:
    Will a well optimized Pindleskin running character always perform best for all remaining TC87 unique targets (other than Arachnid Mesh, Azurewrath and Tyrael's Might) or are there cases where level85 areas perform better?

2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

A barb running pits on p1 with hork is hands down the winner. Usually a zerker or singer. Blizz Sorc in AT is also good, but not quite as efficient.

I think Pindle is better for the other stuff, but I'll wait for someone else to verify that. *looks at gripgod

3. maareek

maareek IncGamers Member

Well geared, well played Berserk Barbarian with a good map in the Pits wins for any TC87 item.

At the end of the day, though, for all your questions the answer depends on what you can play most efficiently and will play the most of. Generally speaking it is possible to beat the efficiency of Pindleskin with other targets - should be possible with Berserk Pitbarb, Singer Pitbarb, Concentrate ATbarb and Blizzsorc in AT, at the least - but that's the kind of thing that always depends from person to person on playskill, map, gear and so on.

4. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

Main question and side question: check this post to have comparison between areas exactly for your questions. What you want to see is adjeff column on tables and compare them among various builds and areas. Explanation of adjeff is at beginning of the post, as well as all relevant columns to read tables. Also in thread there are tons of builds listed and some methods of running explained.

Now I will compare best different builds from various areas as per those results reported in that thread. Best build being assigned number 1, while all the rest will be some percentage weaker. 1 result is not in the tables: Pit singer with adjeff of 1.639

1. Pit berserker 1
    2. Pit singer 1.14
    3. Pindle zerker 1.16
    4. AT concentrate barb 1.20
    5. AT blizzsorc 1.28
    6. WSK zerker ~1.39 (not reported at all, just my result of testing)
    7. AT windy 1.58

Yes, barbs are dominating big time. But... it really depends on how well you play and how much do you like to play certain build. What Maareek said.

Now, I will try to put these builds more into perspective. Even though everyone knows pit zerkers are kings, it is actually not true for everyone. It is NOT easy to beat pindle zerker with him. It takes good map and decent playing skill to be able to do it. Obviously Pindle is out of competition for farming Tyrael, I'm just saying for anything else.

Pit barbs take practice to perform good. Singer is more relaxing, but still challenging if you want to play him good. At barb is not something I would recommend to anyone cause he is quite annoying and hard to play (even in comparison to Pit zerker). First of all, monsters are stronger than in Pit, they have physical immunities too you have to wait for Azurewraith aura to break, some of them are magic immune too. At sorc is really good option to try. Easy to gear, not that hard to play. WSK zerker is fun and different, but only for very experienced players. AT windy requires fancy gear (Infinity etc), but is super easy to play.

5. LiquidClear

LiquidClear IncGamers Member

False. Best way to farm Tyrael's Might is to play D3.

thefranklin and pharphis like this.
  6. maareek

maareek IncGamers Member

The wisest of us all.

Edit for proof: http://imgur.com/l6HFdRB.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    pharphis likes this.
  7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

In particular, it depends on how wealthy you are. The list was made under the assumption that fancy stuff like Grief, Enigma armor etc. is available. If you can't afford that...

... then do this. A few months ago, I actually found Tyrael's with a blizzard sorc in AT who was still wearing stuff like a Wealth breastplate and makeshift rares (she still does to some extent) and it wasn't long before when she threw away her 3 ptopaz helm because she found a shako. You don't even need much +skills gear for /p7 (/p8, respectively even /p settings don't increase drops here BTW) which will greatly increase the amount of whites and other items which only non-bosses can drop, apart from the massive XP boost.

8. Gripphon

That is true that kind of gear is needed (I wouldn't call it fancy, but I'm biased since I farmed runes to make like 20 of each in career. Actually, rerolled over 20 Griefs in career alone hehe and still have runes to do almost that much rerolling of them). Without that kind of gear though, there is no point in making any list since literally no one could come close to efficiency of sorc. Only question would be what kind of sorc and where would challenge the might of AT blizzard sorc.

So, if no such gear, then AT sorc has no even near equal among other classes.

9. weakbtich

weakbtich IncGamers Member

Thank you all for your replies.

A very easy to understand analysis. Barb really seems to win big. Which is good, since I wanted to play another barbarian anyway. ^^

What about summoner necros? Are their run times just too slow to be competitive? Also I'm somewhat surprised that WSK barb doesn't perform better. There are a lot of bosspacks and if I recall correctly there should be no monsters that are always physically immune as long as you stick to levels 1&2 only.

Somehow the mostly randomized stats on legendary items in D3 make the goal of collecting all of them a lot less interesting for me.

I agree. Asking this question I knew almost for certain that I would have to make Enigma (unless a sorc came out on top; and even then it would still be a very good choice of armor). I don't like the runeword very much for regular play, but for item hunting I think it is basically mandatory to make it. Thankfully the runes are "easy" to come by in SP LK.

Yes. AT Blizzsorc was also the first alvl85 hunter I played. I didn't like it that much, probably because of the comparatively bad gear I had at that time and because I had built her a bit too much towards glass cannon.

10. Gripphon

Poison necros > summon necros IMO, with few exceptions. But no, they are not good in comparison, but decent by themselves. p7 pit running with poisonnec is nice.

Thing with WSK barb is difficulty of area. In Pit monsters practically die instantly, there is no mess and barbs are usually not in danger from creeps. In WSK, everything is different. Creeps don't die instantly, some of them can be very tough actually. They do much higher damage so you end up drinking more potions than in Pit, ergo wasting time picking them up. As for bosspacks, there are more bosses, but they are considerably harder to kill and are more dangerous, as explained.

I do believe that with really good map WSK barb could perform better than I did with him.

Also, obligatory famous video. This video is recorded by one of the best SPF players, to put into perspective that WSK is no cakewalk.

11. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

For a blizzard sorc, only a lack of lightning res and stuff worse than Insight + Sigon's on the merc would be a problem in AT, so I think it needs efforts to have a one which can be considered a glass cannon there :)

12. Timinator

Timinator IncGamers Member

I'll need to look into this more, but for a melee character, I don't have the best gear yet. That berserker doesn't sound like something talked up much some years back. Is that due to the grief/fort thing? If he really ends up that powerful .. I think i'll need one.

I've seen how good max hork can be. Perhaps I need to spend some time timing my current characters to see what is the best I DO have, vs what is the best POSSIBLE in the world :)

13. Gripphon

Berserkers weren't really known until new patch arrived with increased rune drops. Major problem before was getting runes needed to make character work nicely, mainly to make Grief and Enigma which are mandatory. Those items were kind of privilege before, let alone farming them to be used on some fancy berserker thing when it was known that AT sorc is easy to build and is very powerful.

14. Steven Q Urkel

Steven Q Urkel IncGamers Member

While we are on the subject of MF Zerhorker Barbs, does anyone have a guide - or at the very least, required equipment plus skills distribution - that they can link me to? I browsed through the Build Compendium but didn't see any MF Zerkers. Now that I am playing again I think I'd like to give this build a try, but I don't know if I have everything needed to make it work. I can still Pat him, or at the very least get him to Act I Hell, but until I get Enigma I won't be able to do much MFing LoL. :p

15. Fabian

Fabian IncGamers Member

16. Timinator

Cool thanks. I managed to get an Enigma together a few years ago and I'm "only" a LO away from a grief. I"ll have to come up with a character name, dig out the twinking gear and get a new character underway! That video is pretty cool. I made a IK zerker in the past, so I'm familiar with the skil.

17. Steven Q Urkel

Steven Q Urkel IncGamers Member

Oh sweet. Thanks man.

*casts slvl 20 Internet High Five for Fabian*

From the 'required' set up, it looks like all I'm missing is the Enigma and a Grief Phaser. My only Grief is in a Zerker axe, but its turrible roll, and apparently too slow anyways LOL.

From the 'recommended' set up, I'm missing the crafted amulet, the Cham r00n (but I do have a 1.07 Shako to put it in haha), Ist runes, War Cry skillers, mf small charms, and potentially rings if I need something stronger than a Nagel for AR or resists or STR/DEX etc. Still want to try this character, but it will be a while before I can get him up and running fully.

18. Timinator

Steven, don't let that stop you. My new barb just cleared the den of evil!

19. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

To answer the thread title:

Don't. Trust me, they don't drop if you aren't a pvper

20. Timinator

my new barb is off to a great start. At only clvl 6 he got this off that FE carver shaman guy

Pelta Lunata
    Buckler
    Defense: 39
    Chance to Block: 45%
    Durability: 10 of 24
    Required Strength: 12
    Required Level: 2
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 5
    Fingerprint: 0x3138bd8
    +2 to Strength
    +10 to Energy