Best way to do Act 5 uniques?

MmmmBob

Diabloii.Net Member
Best way to do Act 5 uniques?

Like Pindleskin and such they always seem to drop 2 items is it best to leave it a P1 then or P8

Skinhead On The MBTA

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Best way to do Act 5 uniques?

Depends if you're going for Experience or just drops. If you're just going for drops, it's best to go for /p1 (or the highest player setting that you can handle without sacrificing killing speed); for experience, /p8.

wakiki

Diabloii.Net Member

Just to clarify:

All unique non-boss monsters drop 2 items + 4 "junk" items (potions, mainly). Increasing players settings only increases drops from regular monsters, bosses, and stashes

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member

Just to clarify:

All unique non-boss monsters drop 2 items + 4 "junk" items (potions, mainly). Increasing players settings only increases drops from regular monsters, bosses, and stashes
Also the boss's minions, which often times drop extremely good items as well. If you just care about the boss's drops go p1, if you care about minion drops/chests/etc. go p8 (or something above p1)

wakiki

Diabloii.Net Member

Also the boss's minions, which often times drop extremely good items as well. If you just care about the boss's drops go p1, if you care about minion drops/chests/etc. go p8 (or something above p1)
I assumed that boss minions dropped exactly like normal monsters (which is what I meant above). I know that they give more experience (and are tougher to kill, especially depending on the mod) than normal monsters, but are you sure they drop better?

EDIT: I know that they drop from a higher TC than normal monsters. I'm referring to the quality (set, unique) and the number of items in my question.

dryzalizer

Diabloii.Net Member

Skool didn't mean boss minions drop better inherently, just that they drop more on p8 and therefore you have a better chance of getting good stuff from them on p8.