Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best use of TO set.. need help.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by heilskov, Mar 18, 2004.

1. heilskov

heilskov IncGamers Member

Best use of TO set.. need help.

Anyways I need advice about what build to give the necro I plan to have wear it.

anyways I was thinking about making a venom user, with either skele warriors or a semi good golem and ce.

besically I was thinking either one of these builds:

---------Build 1 for TO set---------------
    20 psn dagger
    20 psn explosion
    20 psn nova

20 skele warriors
    20 skele mastery

01 amp

or just:

---------Build 2 for TO set---------------
    20 psn dagger
    20 psn explosion
    20 psn nova

1 firegolem
    1 golem mastery
    1 summon res.

20 lower res.

(with this build the golem attracts attention and you lower res, helps your golems dmg, your fire / psn dmg)

Im in favor of the lower build.. any idea´s or other thing you guys think I should take into consideration ?

2. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

build 1

obviously you did your homework on TO being suited for a Venomancer. Now what secondary?

Skell's is the way to go. Get more curses then just amp. 1 ea amp down to decrep, and ea Ai curse.

socket up some p.facets

might merc for skell killing.

now this may be more of a skelli build, with poison, either way, it's an effective killing machine.

the reason i don't like #2 is because of the block bug with TO's, which means, its just you / golem / merc. skell's add another line of defenses.

g

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

I must agree with G. And I would like to add that if you go with build 1 you should invest in all the curses, or at least in the AI curses.

4. Cod

Cod IncGamers Member

the complete TO's set should give enough +skills so that a single point invested in a curse can be extremely useful, so i would say put a point into each curse down to lower resists.

5. daskidude

daskidude Banned

im making one of these guys, look for my thread (Trangmancer)

i'm doing a poision skelle hybrid with 1 pt into each curse, a golem, gm, sr, revive. the skelles kill much faster with my merc, but, he only has 40 life and i hired him at lvl 20 (lowest there was). it just makes no sense

6. gvandale

lower resist blows in my opinion for this build. skellies need amp, and all bosses require decrep.

in between that, you have your miscellaneous times you use dimvision / confuse / attract...

so where does lower res come in?

g

7. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

LR comes in to remove some of the poison immunes(depending on equipment and level of LR)

Though with my Venom hybrid, I didn't have to use if often.

My new Lagamancer uses full Trang's for now, and I only went up to Decrepify for my curses. Nothing better than 13 Skeletons/12 Mages/9 Revives(so far)/and a pet Poison Vine...to further induce lag.

HoS

8. sexyfool

sexyfool IncGamers Member

I am 79 with my trang summoner and loving it. Planning to place a few more pts in pn but i sacrificed damage for def due to 60% max block on trangs head.

Going very nicely so my vote is build 1 with slight adjustment. Ensure 1 pt in decrep and pre reqs and 1 pt in dim vision for those pesky gloams and archers. You will really appreciate the difference not dying makes...

9. ElvishLegion

ElvishLegion Banned

Maybe we need someone to write up a Trangs FAQ? Trangs is better suited for a nova mancer than a dagger mancer, as the vampire thing is just far to buggy, and you dont want to spam novas anyway so the cast rate isnt a problem, though you can get much better gear for a venomancer. I would go a hybrid (just do a search and I bet youll find lots of stuff)

Elvish

10. daskidude

daskidude Banned

my trang-necro is a hybrid. all i need to do is max sm and rs to get my damage higher. its a pain in hell. i also have 1 pt in all curses. LR is very useful. making my fire spells do more damage faster.

11. HardyZ

HardyZ IncGamers Member

TO block bug? what bug? :scratch:

12. gvandale

it was recently discovered that there is a bug with blocking when using the trangs set. but the new discovery is that you do in fact block, but it just don't look like it.

g