Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best use for full Tals

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by ssmsdb, Mar 15, 2004.

1. ssmsdb

ssmsdb IncGamers Member

Best use for full Tals

I currently play a pure Orb Sorce on HCL,She weres the full Tals set,Frosties,SOJ,30%Nagel ,50% Travelors and a Rhym'd Tower shield,on switch for getting to Mephy quicker ,I have a Wizardspike and Lidless,She's used solely for running Andy and Meph ( both she can do with relative ease ).Now my question.....I see these Sorce strings that claim they can do solo hell Baal runs......Now with my current sorce and not so much that its HC,I wouldnt even begin to try and run baal even though I have max'd res's,Block,Aprox 60% Energy shield with max'd syn and just over 1k life....and those Sorces that can run Baal,Is it done with relative ease or does it take about as much work and time as my summoner to get to him and with this in mind,is there a specific build ( would be useing my current setup ) that is suited to run Baal,quickly,efficiently and being that this would be in HC........SAFELY...........Your comments,sugestions and even criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

2. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

Not sure. Would the HC forum not have better help?

3. ssmsdb

ssmsdb IncGamers Member

Nope....Was hopeing to get some good ideas on a build.....not redirrected,My bad.I thought this was the place to go for Sorce ideas and as far as HCL and SCL ,I find very little difference in how the chars are built ( I play both ) a good strong build is a good strong build , just with HCL I find myself having to lvl a little bit more before moving on and paying a little more attention to my res's and placeing a bit more into vite........again if this is the wrong place to be to ask about Sorce's ( not just SC,I've seen plenty of references to HC in here ) my bad and sorry for wasteing your time.....

Scott

4. ConFusion

ConFusion IncGamers Member

Well, I don't know what build you use but a dual elemental sorc (ie. meteorb as stickied on top) should be able to do solo baalruns in a 1 player game. The key is, as far as I can see it, a good merc to tank for you and full all resists (shouldn't be too hard with tal's). Since I do not have the items to get a full tal set, I can't help you more.

5. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

i'm afraid there is no way to "safely" do it solo with a single elemental sorc. the ones who do get it done use full tals and split their trees (meaning no extra points for your energy shield).

find a fire sorc friend to accompany, or even a conviction pally. and take care of your merc's - they will get those pesky dual immunes for you.