Best source of socketables?

kertin$

Diabloii.Net Member
Best source of socketables?

What are good places in the game that drop socketables worth making good R/Ws in? (like eni or coh for example)
Im looking for a place with a good chance to drop any other goodies too, apart from socketables :D preferably places where a Javazon can be effective enough

PS. What makes a 3sox armor good for enigma?

Thx in advance :thumbsup:
 
kertin$ said:
Do Hell cows have any chance to drop other items, like skillers or runes?
yes .

but i prefer river of flame. the best 2 armors for a good enigma are dusk and achron. watch for superior with ED.
 

kertin$

Diabloii.Net Member
Hm... River of Flame... :uhhuh:
Why?
Do you think i will be able to mf there with my Java?(lightning)
Btw. do you need much mf to find socketables?
 

AxlRose

Diabloii.Net Member
remove your mf if u are need white and grey items otherwise much of the items will be blue, yellow, green and gold instead of white and grey. So mf doesnt help you to find socketables it decreases your chances
 
kertin$ said:
Hm... River of Flame... :uhhuh:
Why?
Do you think i will be able to mf there with my Java?(lightning)
Btw. do you need much mf to find socketables?
because it drops the best sockeables/socketed items in the game. and i can clear it very quickly with no danger of dying. if you're only interested in socketables, you should drop your mf to zero. i keep about 200 to get some charms, it's a decent run for skillers too.
 

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
FreezerBurn said:
because it drops the best sockeables/socketed items in the game. and i can clear it very quickly with no danger of dying. if you're only interested in socketables, you should drop your mf to zero. i keep about 200 to get some charms, it's a decent run for skillers too.
Why on earth would you use MF for charms? Gheeds? Charms are ALWAYS blue, unless they are Gheeds, never white, MF has no effect whatsoever on their mods.
 
helvete said:
Why on earth would you use MF for charms? Gheeds? Charms are ALWAYS blue, unless they are Gheeds, never white, MF has no effect whatsoever on their mods.
i thought the way mf works is that you have a better chance of a magic item dropping. charms are magic, so more should drop.

if the way it works is that any given item that drops has a better chance of being magic, then it wouldn't make any sense to have higher mf.

if that makes any sense
 

alexzed

Diabloii.Net Member
MF won't help you find more Gems, Jewels or Charms. It will help with the quality of the G/J/C you find - ie. facets or Gheeds
 

Jell-O

Diabloii.Net Member
FreezerBurn said:
i thought the way mf works is that you have a better chance of a magic item dropping. charms are magic, so more should drop.
What I find makes more sense is that it won't work that way as long as there is no such thing as a white charm.
Since those don't exist there's no way to increase the chance of having more of them spawn as blue instead of white.

I'm no expert in this area, but I'm pretty sure those who are will tell you the same thing - mf won't increase the chance to get regular blue(magical) charms.
 

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
FreezerBurn said:
the way it works is that any given item that drops has a better chance of being magic, then it wouldn't make any sense to have higher mf.
Your post made sense.
Mf makes more items drop magic, rare, set unique (in that order). It has no effect on what base items drop, so items that are always magical or better (jewels, charms, rings, amulets and in 1.07 circlets and orbs) only get the rare/set/unique part of the boost.

Same for items that are never magical (runes, gems, junk), MF has no effect.

For socetables (and white items) more MF greatly reduces chanses - having 0% MF is WAY better than having 50%. MF has diminishing returns, a little for rares, more for sets, and a lot for uniques. But none for magic items. 1200% MF means 12 times better chanse for blue (or better) instead of white/grey, thus less chanse of sockets/whites.
 

cotton

Diabloii.Net Member
I guess another way of stating it is that MF will not affect the kind of item that drops, so it will not increase the number of charms. It only affects whether the item is normal, magic, rare, or unique. Since there are no normal or rare charms, the only thing you increase is the chance that it will be unique (gheeds) rather than magical. Definitely not worth it just to find charms.

The lvl 85 areas--the pit and ancient tunnels being the best IMO--are also good places to find socketables, especially elite armors and weapons. IIRC they can drop any normal item in the game.
 

kertin$

Diabloii.Net Member
Do you think that pits would be better for the chance they have to drop other nice itmes too?

Btw. I will finally use a Hammerdin with decent gear, should i use a HF or a Defiance merc for the pits?
 
Top