Best Sorc to run Andy, Meph, Shank, Pindle?

Feonn

Diabloii.Net Member
Best Sorc to run Andy, Meph, Shank, Pindle?

Hi there,

I've come to the conclusion that I do want a Sorc actually...Just to MF with I guess...I know this is probably the most asked question around here, but I really don't have any knowledge about this, and from reading guides I don't get any farther because each guide says the Sorc they're making is the best one around.

I think it is a pure Blizzard Sorc, because:
20 Blizzard
20 Glacial Spike
20 Ice Blast
20 CM
10 Ice Bolt

will give it sooooo much extra damage...anyway...

Besides: Is there ANY way, Frozen Orb could be a main skill? I really like it and I prefer Ice over Fire...so?

Blizzard is the best one to run Andy, Meph, Pindle, Shenk?
It's really just about those 4 critters...I don't plan on doing anything else with them actually :p

Regards,

Feonn

redground

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Best Sorc to run Andy, Meph, Shank, Pindle?

Hi there,

I've come to the conclusion that I do want a Sorc actually...Just to MF with I guess...I know this is probably the most asked question around here, but I really don't have any knowledge about this, and from reading guides I don't get any farther because each guide says the Sorc they're making is the best one around.

I think it is a pure Blizzard Sorc, because:
20 Blizzard
20 Glacial Spike
20 Ice Blast
20 CM
10 Ice Bolt

will give it sooooo much extra damage...anyway...

Besides: Is there ANY way, Frozen Orb could be a main skill? I really like it and I prefer Ice over Fire...so?

Blizzard is the best one to run Andy, Meph, Pindle, Shenk?
It's really just about those 4 critters...I don't plan on doing anything else with them actually :p

Regards,

Feonn
Shenk is cold imune, but his drops sucks, anyways.

Make a good Meteorb or a Orb / Light sorc to be able to kill then all, the light sorc is better coz it can also kill Count with no merc, you will be able to run pit, ancient, mauseliun. It only depends on ur gear for survaivability. And yes, u can use orb as ur first skill with any one mete or light, as long as u have suficient gear.

A pure cold will be pretty effective against meph, pindle, mauseliun and ancient tunnels.

Feonn

Diabloii.Net Member

Shenk is cold imune, but his drops sucks, anyways.

Make a good Meteorb or a Orb / Light sorc to be able to kill then all, the light sorc is better coz it can also kill Count with no merc, you will be able to run pit, ancient, mauseliun. It only depends on ur gear for survaivability. And yes, u can use orb as ur first skill with any one mete or light, as long as u have suficient gear.

A pure cold will be pretty effective against meph, pindle, mauseliun and ancient tunnels.
Ok, thanks, you think I could could/should do pure lightning? For that way I would be able to kill everything?
I had a pure lightning sorc last ladder, untwinked pretty much, but I can't really remember if it was any good (I stopped playing for a year) so uhm...yeah...light sorc? (with untwinked gear?)

Locke07

Diabloii.Net Member

Lightning sorc's are a lot harder to do with untwinked gear. My suggestion is to go with your original idea and stick with the blizzard sorc. Tons of damage and can MF all needed places quite well.

Svalin

Diabloii.Net Member

I use a energyshield/pure frozen orb sorc this ladder

The big advantage is that you can tele real good compared to a vita sorc with just a spirit sword + shield (Or spirit sword + stealth armor + splendor) as long as you hit +63 FCR.

Killing goes pretty slow and you cant do the "Moat Trick" but once you get the hang of how to land the orbs and a few +skills I think it kills faster then blizzard.

Atm I run Meph, Summoner and Andy. I could problably do more...but I don't know what :p

The thing is... 90% of the whole thing is how fast/safe you can tele. I mean killing the bosses isn't really that hard.

What i use now:

20 FO
20 CM
20 Telekin
20 Energy shield
11 Prereq

So the build is done around 79, the rest you cna dump into frost bolt.

Last edited:

Feonn

Diabloii.Net Member

OK then! I've made up my mind, pure Blizzard it is! :D
Thanks anyway guys.

Btw: The maxed es/tk, is it any good? Ive never tried it! :D

Feonn

Diabloii.Net Member

Dang...I can't edit :(

Anyway: Should I 1 point FO or not? And if so, I prolly should put 20 points in Ice Bolt (to Synergize FO) and 1 in Ice Blast...? :D

Any views on Armours? Chilling armour is the best one to get right? And should I get it? :crazyeyes:

Need some more help peoples!

Hello Jim

Diabloii.Net Member

1 FO is good for rushing in lower difficulties.
And yes, if the bonus is still the same, 20 point in IBolt> 20 in IBlast in that case.

I like Cold armor- freezes monster after their first attack. Shiver armor chills - not freezes- monster BEFORE they attack you. Doesn't chilling armor sucks? =S

Feonn

Diabloii.Net Member

1 FO is good for rushing in lower difficulties.
And yes, if the bonus is still the same, 20 point in IBolt> 20 in IBlast in that case.

I like Cold armor- freezes monster after their first attack. Shiver armor chills - not freezes- monster BEFORE they attack you. Doesn't chilling armor sucks? =S
Lol...So what do you recomend? Not Chilling armour at least?

I was thinking of Shiver armour, because it's simply better then Chilling armour (Imo)

Btw: A question about Shiver Armour.
First level: 45% defence increase. That's fricking much...why wouldnt ANY sorc want those 2 poins for 50+% defence?

sequoia

Diabloii.Net Member

chilling armor all the way for me

with low cold res, meph ball can sometimes 1 hit ko

chilling can deflect the full damage

no contest.

Feonn

Diabloii.Net Member

chilling armor all the way for me

with low cold res, meph ball can sometimes 1 hit ko

chilling can deflect the full damage

no contest.
Ok...is it good to have a Cold armour AT ALL? Or is it just a waste of 2/3 points...? I have some unused skill points now...Maxed Blizzard, Cold Mastery (18, but don't want more because I then pass level 32), Glacial Spike and Ice Bolt...3 Maxed skills, 1 almost maxed...?

Should I go for 10/15% extra synergized damage, or is a cold armour better? If so, I'll just get Shiver armour and see if I like it :D

Painman

Diabloii.Net Member

Before blowing skill points, get an orb/staff with the cold armor skill you want to try and use it to prebuff.

If you like it, keep using the orb/staff to prebuff and put your skill points into a damage synergy :D

Hello Jim

Diabloii.Net Member

Nice idea. Didn't think about that. However, I stand my ground for Frozen armor. Frozen mosnters are great incase something unusually hits you and it's awesome in lower levels/difficulties.
The Chilling vs Meph is useless due to the Moat Trick. Chilling is basiclly crap except for PvP.