Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Sorc to MEPH n PINDLE

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by The Unknown, Apr 27, 2005.

1. The Unknown

The Unknown IncGamers Member

Best Sorc to MEPH n PINDLE

Hi guys,
    im kinda new, i just registered, but i´ve been reading and researching in this forum for a long time, more than a year. I found great tips and material about mf and builds here, i thank u all for that. :)

Ill start to build a sorc soon and i was wondering which build would suit best for doing hell meph and pindle, for mf, and maybe some baal as well. I was thinking about a blizzard/fire wall one, since my meteorb, which is lvl 85 with full tals, cant handle solo baal runs and pindle, eventually, without i get the feeling im kenny (lol, bad joke).

Thx a lot in advance, u guys
    D_Unknown

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Blizzard is fine, you dont actually need firewall for anything.
    So plain blizzard sorc will take down pindle and meph with barely any problems. (unless pindle spawns cold immune) ;)

3. Dagoth Urs Flaming Hand

Dagoth Urs Flaming Hand IncGamers Member

Yes, but when pindle is not cold immune you have 2 hit him fast, when i attack him he usually rushes me (when he runs REALLY fast and uses bash) and i know blizz rarely hits fast moving targets so you should have a decent backup attack that packs a big punch 2 knock out pindle if he rushes u
    ;)

4. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

tele to pindle, 1 meteor drops most in pindle's group, after 2-3 more meteor grab the loot and start again. 30 sec per run, maybe, including walk/run time -though never counted.

BTW, as a comparison, a javazon only needs 1-2 sec to make the kill, plus 10-15 sec run/walk time, to get the job and grab the loot and exit.

5. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

Level 85 Meteorb sorc wearing full tals can't handle hell pindle? I find that quite surprising... what seems to be the main problem?

6. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

yeah i can believe the solo wsk runs part, since my old sorc couldnt easily handle them, but pindle is a breeze unless you get careless and let him charge you. if you dont have a merc, that could be the problem too.

7. garion

garion IncGamers Member

i got a 83 meteorb full tals...and dont have a problem with pindle....ball runs solo...can be a pain though...especially if there are those little dolls :eek: ...that and the minions are fire immune :mad: ...and Forb seems to just tickle them into a mad frenzy.... :lol:

8. slynth

slynth IncGamers Member

My level 81 untwinked bliz sorc kills pindle in about 5 seconds. Just cast blizzard and glacial spike to freeze them all while blizzard tears them to pieces. My sorc has about a 3.8k blizzard damage and -160 or so cold resist. She almost one-hits him.

9. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

My chain lightning sorc (level 36) does a pretty quick job - but the important part is a) Make sure your merc is in FRONT of you and not distracted by guys from behind and b) Make sure you have your pointer on Pindle so that the FCR can do its trick. Otherwise you find pindle inexplicably beside you with the words 'You have died' on the screen... :(

10. FrozenHavoc

FrozenHavoc IncGamers Member

My sorc is the same as that of Slynth in terms of performance....using gear Ive found only.

o_O

Anyways, another thing I wanted to say is that I too have lurked for a long time, and I'd like to thanks those of you who have helped educate me about this game with your posts. (SO many people) :thumbsup:

11. darzog

darzog IncGamers Member

The best trick for Pindle, regardless of what character you use is positioning your merc correctly. Sorcs do this easily with Teleport.

Teleport twice from the portal until you are just outside the hall.

Teleport one more time inside the hall (try to get about halfway between Pindle and the hell entrance).

Walk back a couple of steps while your merc walks forward to engage the group.

Depending on your build you do different things here, but using a Cold or Meteorb sorc, fire 2-3 quick Glacial Spikes to freeze some of the group.

(I switch to MF-switch here).

Now pound with your heavy hitter, Bliz, CL, Lightning, Meteor, whatever. Spam with your spam spell Fireball, Blast, whatever. Every sorc build I've played (Bliz, Meteorb, Blizzball, Lightning) can kill Pindle and his crew before the guys outside even wake up all the way.

Depending on how rich you are, give your merc some gear to help him survive.

- Moderate: Vamp Gaze (Um), Up'ed or Eth Shaftstop (Um), Reapers (Eth if possible, add a Shael, IAS jewel, ED jewel, whatever you would like). This gives good ll, 30% DR, max resists, decrep slows and makes monsters -50% physical res. This is a very useful merc setup and I used it for a LONG time on all mercs.

- Rich: Eth Andy's (Ral), Eth Fort, Eth Infinity. This helps a sorc with the -res, the merc has great defense, insane damage, max resists, +skills, +Str, etc. It's pricey but very nice. My sorcs all use this setup on mercs now.

There are even more expensive setups, but if you're that rich you already know what to use.

12. slappy sam

slappy sam IncGamers Member

*Points upwards*
    I do the same thing as this dude, its 3 teles to pindle, press w, right click, all die. -Collect loot! ;D

13. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

a lvl 70ish+ javazon is able to do this extremely well, with or without a merc. at most a few sec should be enough to kill Pindle most of the time.

the only trick for a sorc to do this is speed: pack up as much as MF as possible, without losing too much of your killing power/resists. tele to kill pindle, loot and repeat. that's it. you don't need Tal's set or uber gear, - unless you want to do this alone in a big game on ladder in HC.

14. Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner Banned

I would say that orb would work the best for meph AND pindle....expecially if you have a merc to tank it...ive tried meteor and FB....SO hard to hit meph...hes always on the run....orb spreads out...therefor I believe orb is the best mfing attack....just an opinion.

15. Ehein

Ehein IncGamers Member

As far as pindle goes, Darzog is right on the money. A few things to add though, I find max block with a high block shield (eld whitstans in my case) is invaluable in pindle running. It only take 150dex (less with +dex items i.e. tal's belt) and you block pindle 75% of the time if he does get a rush on you.

My blizz/glacial/static max block tal's sorc with whitstans has almost 400 mf and can do meph/pindle/andy without any problems. Baal is another issue though.

Also for bosses always use static field to take half their life down without any effort. IMO best 1 pt wonder in the pvm sorc's arsenal.