Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Sorc Gear?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by catalogguy, Jun 2, 2008.

1. catalogguy

catalogguy IncGamers Member

Best Sorc Gear?

Hi All,

I have a lvl 90 sorc with full Tal's and I looking to do PvM Hell and MF. Thanks to all who responded to my last post here... http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=662154.

I got the message clearly that FCR is very important! I have begun making some changes like replacing my rings with 10 FCR's. I am not yet past 105, but soon with str charms I will equip the Monarch and I should be at 109.

Well, I got to rummaging through all my goodies and decided to make a mondo spreadsheet with stats and scenarios to compare gear choices. In addition to what I am currently using, I have added a few items based on suggestions from the thread in the link above. I also added things I have available to me just to see.

Would you please post here any thoughts you have on what gear I should include in my comparison? I will look up the stats and include it in the spreadsheet. The sheet has a nifty scenario manager where you can select from all the gear listed by putting x's in a column and you can choose 3 different scenarios. Then at the bottom it shows the final numbers. I will finish it up in a few days and share it here, but first I would like to include the gear that is considered as a decent possibility by the community here.

In the link above, you can read about my gear, skills, etc. But if you don't read it, then know that I use Frozen Orb, Chain Lightning and Lightning.

Thanks!! :fire:

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: Best Sorc Gear?

Full Tal's with Magefists and a 35% Spirit monarch hits the 105% FCR exactly, so you can wear Nagelrings for more MF. Socket the orb with a nice jewel with the right kind of resists, add a torch and a few poison res SCs and resists will be maxed as well. the armor and the helm are socketed with ptopazes, of course.

3. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Funny thing is, dual- or triple-resist boots with POISON as one resist can actually be useful here :scratchchin:

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I would always use WT instead because it's as good as 6-7 7% MF SCs and a Tal sorc with a torch doesn't need that many extra resists to max them.