Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Sorc for running Chaos Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by cpostma, May 23, 2008.

1. cpostma

cpostma IncGamers Member

Best Sorc for running Chaos Sanctuary

What type of Sorceress is the best for running Chaos Sanctuary in hell difficulty? I would like to run it with eight people in the game as well.

Any suggestions for build type and gear would be much appreciated.

2. Coldsmoke

Coldsmoke IncGamers Member

Re: Best Sorc for running Chaos Sanctuary

I think a standard light sorc with 105%fcr and infi merc is best.
    I'm sure there's a guide about making one somewere.

3. BoomBap

BoomBap IncGamers Member

Currently I have a Lightning/Charged Boltress who wields Infinity running eight player chaos everyday. Iron Maiden is definitely not a problem this way. A souped up Act 1 Cold Merc takes out most of the unbreakable light immune monsters. I went with an Energy shield build, but Vita might be okay too. Heres my particular setup..

Sherlock
    Griffons Eye Diadem with -5/5 light facet
    Skin of Vipermagi
    Non-eth Infinity Voulge/ low str req.
    2x Stone of Jordans
    Arachnids Mesh
    Sandstorm Treks/ Poison tears up ES -_-
    Maras Ammy/ for + skills
    Magefists/Frostburns - FCR vs. Mana boost here
    and CTA/Lidless on switch for Battle Orders
    Inventory includes 9 lite Gc's, anni, and torch

She's currently lvl 93 with 3.3k mana after BO, 18k lightning, and 780 dmg per charged bolt. -25% lite res from Griffons, -50% res from wielding Infinity, and -83% res from Infinity's lvl 12 conviction let her breeze past chaos, though mana burn and some unique bosses can be a pain if you're careless.

BTW I'm on east NL running now if you'd like to see. :smiley: *skatenjoi

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  4. korialstraz

korialstraz IncGamers Site Pal

Definately a light sorc. Mine has a merc using infinity enabling me max block and a nice 43% dr, 105% fcr, 1,4k life and about 700 mana.

Griffons with 5/5 facet
    HotO
    Enigma
    SS
    a crafter 20 fcr amu (no skills)
    Magefist
    Arach
    2x SoJ
    Treks

Torch, Anni and 9 skillers.

Dealing 40k light dmg and around 800 or so dmg per charged bolt running 8p games is a breeze. Ofc the merc dies from time to time, but if I run with other leechers who don't agro monsters too much he never dies unless I made a bad telebomb on a OK or something. Also I rarely die myself by teleing into a mob of monsters with max block. I accidently teled into that Lord De Seiz or whatever his name and his pacl. Came out with 1/3 life and almost all of them dead :thumbsup:

Having someone to take care of light immunes I could almost run as fast, if not faster than a hammerdin :cool:

5. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Agreed, but remember Lightning skills are a different breakpoint to other sorc skills. I recommend 117 FCR, which gives you the second fastest cast rate for every one of your attacks (the next breakpoint is 200 and 196 or something like that). Here's how it can be done:

Griffon's
    Crescent Moon (godly -35 res really helps with broken Infinity light immunes)
    CoH
    35 FCR spirit
    Magefists
    Arach's
    1 soj, 1 x 10 FCR ring
    Rare or crafted amulet with at least 7 FCR and +2 sorc skills.

Note that if you can get a godly amulet with +2 sorc skills and 17+ FCR, then you can go with 2 sojs.

If you elect to go block (something I'm loath to do on a pvm sorc) then consider swapping out Crescent Moon for a Hoto to make up for lacking FCR. CM definitely helps more as the broken light immunes still have 90ish light resistances and a lone facet or two won't be enough. You need the godly -35 lightning res. (The crystal sword looks cool too.)