Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Sorc Build

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by YamiRiZzLe, Apr 18, 2005.

1. YamiRiZzLe

YamiRiZzLe IncGamers Member

Best Sorc Build

What is the best Sorc Build for all around use, meaning mf and all out hell.........I need to know what stats, and what skills :( Im new to this all...

2. BigBadBrett

BigBadBrett IncGamers Member

Check all the guides (stickied at the top). The Bliz/Fireball combo works well but each to his own. The guides have all the info you ever need

3. darksentinel

darksentinel IncGamers Member

If you're new, it might not be a good idea to go sorc, and instead try something easier, like a Paladin.
    I'd go for Meteorb for all-rounder. Check the guides for Meteorb, Blizzard, Lightning skills, Fireball, then take your pick. I play Blizzard, best MFer for fast runs on selected targets

4. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

Doesn't really matter which class you start with.

In fact, to a starter, playing a pally is as difficult as (or say, as easy as) playing a sorc.

5. LaZyMuThAfUka

LaZyMuThAfUka IncGamers Member

Actually for a sorc that can PvM and PvP i reckon the orb sorc with te es build is good....look at "etho's" guide stickied at the top of the sorc guide.....
    its really successfull

6. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

i can guarantee that what he sais is true, my es/orb sorc could tank full player hell game standing between lister and his buddies..ofcourse watch out for mana burn coz then it can go fast :D

7. behling

behling IncGamers Member

can find ethos guide.

8. EvGreen

EvGreen IncGamers Member

hmm

pala easy on start? omg! which?
    sorc is best char for a starter, can mf fast, got crowd control, teleing makes her fast and deadly and it can be good on duels,
    other classes are much more item-depend than sorcie
    personally i'd pick fo/es or even fo/meteo,fo/ts

9. Quezi

Quezi IncGamers Member

I dont quite understand the ES idea.

Reading the guide it looks like damage is taken out of your mana BEFORE resistances/absorb.

So doesnt this mean that your es is gona be taking biger hits than if you just built a sorc with a whole lot of life?

I suppose if you kept your belt stocked with both healing and mana you could drink two potions at once, but that still doesnt seem verry conviniant.

Can somone tell me why the ES sorc works?

It seems to me like a sorc with 90% resist all with some absorb and perfect blocking would be much more durable?

I could see a 95% es sorc working if sorcs got more mana per point of energy than they currently do.

Can somone explain why ES sorcs work so well if everything iv said above is correct? (thats how i read it as working in the guide)

Id like to try an ES/orb sorc just because iv tried every other sorc but im not so sure that it really changed that much in the way of playstyle from just an orb sorc. (and im oh so tired of just spamming orbs, it hasnt been fun since they put in recast timers=P)

10. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

The key for Orb / ES is maxing telekenesis. Doing so makes your e shield more efficient. While these numbers are not exact they will give you an idea of what i mean.

Lvl 1 Telek~ 2 points off mana bulb for every 1 point dmg taken

Lvl 16 Telek~ 1 point off mana bulb for every 1 pt dmg taken

Lvl 20 Telek~ .75 point taken off mana bulb for every pt dmg taken

Mind you only hard points are counted ( points you actually add , you dont count + skill gear ) . With a decent mana pool 800~ and lvl 16 or 20 Telek~ you can take a lot of damage and not lose any life , couple this with good regen and you shouldnt ever die. Both HC ladder season orb / es sorceress has been my first character and they never died even untwinked and supplied all my future builds

11. Quezi

Quezi IncGamers Member

But still. With 20 tele you are still taking .75 for every 1. This would be a good deal if it was counted after resistances and absorb.

But lets say theres 200 unmodified damage and i have 50% ES.

I take 100 damage from health, and 75 from mana. I loose 175 total.

Now lets say the damage was elemental. Lets say i have 90% resist. This means that i take only 10 damage from health, but still 75 from mana. 85 total. If i had not cast ES at all i would only have lost 20 from health.

For physical damage with 50% damage reduction. I would take 50 from health and 75 from mana, 125. If i had not cast es i would have just taken 100.

The higher the ES the more i loose from mana.

If some things in hell hurt alot when i have maxed resist against them or higher, i dont want to think what they can do to my unprotected mana pool.

12. yuqing

yuqing IncGamers Member

i never liked orb, my fav sorcs class is blizz, i feel that it can do well in pvp plus its basicly the best sorcs class for mfing, but thats just my opinion, orb is generaly a slow boss killer, correct me if im wrong. with mfing meph, most of the time the hydras will be all on you, if you ever lose all your mana, and have no mana pot, say bye bye.

13. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

First you shouldnt be getting hit , thats what block is for. None of my sorcs have used Storm either , usually just an up'd visc defender. The only pdr I ever have is the 10% from shako.

As for orb sorcs being slow killers if you place the orb right so it " explodes " inside meph / andy you can take them down in maybe 3 orbs

14. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Quezi, while you're not totally wrong or anything, there are some things about ES that you should consider, and it's not actually about ES itself.

The fact is, sorcs can get lots of mana. They get 2 per level and 2 per energy point. In addition, there's items like Heart of the Oak, Frostburn, Stone of Jordan, Gloom's Trap and Silkweave which have +%mana, which adds hundreds of mana. Furthermore, sorcs get Warmth, and combined with a large mana pool you can achieve awesome regen. There's also damage to mana items.

So yes, your blue orb is unprotected by resist and absorb gear. But on the other hand, it has 25% resist everything, is twice the size of your red orb, regenerates and is generally easier to keep full than the red orb.