Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best solo Baal mf runner?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by fahartle, Apr 7, 2005.

1. fahartle

fahartle IncGamers Member

Best solo Baal mf runner?

Hey guys! I use a WW Barb for my all-purpose mfer and love him. Can clear tons of areas with no problem. He can handle WSK okay unless there are Oblivion Knights around, but the throne and Baal always take too long to clear. What character do you figure is, hands down, the best combination of mf carrying ability and killing speed for the throne and Baal? Hammerdin? Meteorb sorc? Would a pure sorc of a specific tree work well just for this one purpose? I'm considering clearning WSK with my Barb and then switching out characters just to blow through throne and Baal quickly... Thanks!

2. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

i mf(i just do baal runs) with my hammerdin he does 12k hammer with a lil over 300mf or 11k with a lil over 400. i like the hammer pally since he kills quickly and can handle anything.

3. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Hammer of the gods

Yeah, hammerdins rock. The worst part of Diablo's sanctuary is getting IM cast on you (IM = Iron Maiden) and when you're dealing roughly 3.5k of elemental and physical damage with Vengeance, you're gonna die in a hurry. Fortunately, Blessed Hammer isn't affected by IM so I simply spam that skill while keeping either Meditation or Redemption as my aura (I am more vulnerable but my mana never dies and I save rejuvenation potions for emergencies).

Can't say that I ever used one as a MF runner, though. I usually leave that to my barbs (with Iron Skin and Natural Resistance, I don't need a shield that has high resists or defense so I just socket a shield with Ists when I can find them). I add all my MF charms (one Barb has 6 6-7% MF small charms) to my inventory and equip my Enigma body armor (not the greatest MF but it does scale up with level so eventually, it will be pretty good) and do what my brother always tells me to do: go to Hell. I managed to get Waterwalk boots off of BigD once and good to godly rares from him at other times.

4. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

I would also you suggest going with a hammerdin. A well-equipped one can have decent MF (around 300) with good killing gear also. Just put a Gull Daggar or Alibaba and an MF shield, such as "Splendor" put into a decent pally shield on your weapon switch for the final kill to get an extra 130 MF.

If you can afford an Enigma, it would be perfect for your MF runs. The paladin can easily solo WSK and minions. Enigma would surely speed things up.

Off the top of my head you could get something like this:
    Shako - 74% MF (ptopazed)
    Wartravelers - 35% MF (low pair)
    Skullders - 130%MF // Enigma - **% MF
    Gull - 100%
    Splendor - 25%
    Gheeds - 30%
    ---------
    = 394% MF
    That leaves all your jewelry and belt free to get other good stuff like skills and resists.

Use a good shield and weapon most of the time, then switch to your MF for the last hit on the boss.

Hope that helps.

5. TheNewHammerInTown

TheNewHammerInTown IncGamers Member

Are war travellers boots? If so forget them. Get the Tancreds amulet and boots. The amulet becomes 78% mf when two or more tancred are worn.

I have 250mf not using MF armor or a MF weapon.
    With Skullders and a Gull I could get to 480mf but 250 is more than enough. As for the weapon most of the time wizardspike is the go. 75% resist all. Get a shield that has 70% resist all and the 30% you get from the anya quests and you have your 75% resist all in hell using just 2 slots. Leaves you the option to stick on chanceguards, socketed shako is a must for +skills and 74mf, tancred wierd with a second item like boots is a huge mf boost although it doesnt help in any other area apart from speed (30% run faster), shove a couple of 25+mf nagel rings and you have a heap of mf.

6. Gaza0469

Gaza0469 IncGamers Member

I would also use Thundergods belt to negate those pesky gloams

7. FodderCannoned

FodderCannoned IncGamers Member

I do solo baal runs in the 5 minute(includes aborted runs) area with my blizz sorc and around 450 mf if i get the kill and a little over 500 mf if my merc gets the kill.
    I know of people who can do runs as fast as 4 minutes if you go down in some mf, and have the good stuff.
    I do the first and second enemy set at p1 setting, and the rest at p8, the second set always spawns immune to cold so my merc has to kill every one of them so to speed it up i just leave it at p1, this usually takes about 30 seconds to a minute, one of the more tedius parts of a run.
    This also is just with any decent map, only takes about 5 minutes in resetting maps to get a good map to run.

edit and on a sorc the way to deal with gloams is to have a 75 resist and a wisp projector, and practice, its easiest to just tele by unless they are in the chamber, and if you have 75 res and a wisp on they are actually one of the faster enemy sets to kill that can spawn down there, but one of the most deadly if not careful.

8. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

That is a very good option.

However a perfect pair of War Travellers (50%) and a Rose Branded Amulet of Luck (+3 Combat Skills and 35% MF) allows more damage and 85% MF.

A nice +2 skills, resists, FCR and MF amulet would be a great option as well.

9. fahartle

fahartle IncGamers Member

Wow, thanks you guys. As luck would have it, I think I have almost all this stuff and won't have to scavange from my existing MF Barb to do it. Got an upped Ptopazed skullders just wasting away on a merc. I'm guessing I can pick up Tancred's boots/ammy pretty cheaply, but I was kind of hoping to get a teleport ammy to speed things along. Any idea how common those run? And do they cost a bloody fortune to recharge?

10. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

Tancreds amulet = waste, IMO

You'd be wanting something good on your amulet, ie. skills or resistances.

I'd pick a decent rare with resistances and MF or just skills. I wouldn't sacrifice two items for an insignificant amount of Magic Finding. Ideally all of your items should bring something to the table other than just magic finding. You'll find your character to be much more efficient if this is the case.

I would agree with the Thundergod's Vigor belt. I use it on my hammerdin and it really helps.