Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Smiter Equipment *NON LADDER*

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by jaGen, Oct 11, 2006.

1. jaGen

jaGen IncGamers Member

Best Smiter Equipment *NON LADDER*

Hey all,

I was wondering if you could give me some feedback on the equipment set-up i have made here.

This is for mainly a SMITER for killing the 3 uber guys and dclone. I will also use this char to do some mf.

THIS IS NONLADDER:

Armor: Enigma for mf (teleport), UBERS: Duress
    Helm: Guillames Face (+15% ias socket jewel)
    Shield: HoZ (Um'd)
    Gloves: Dracul's (for lifetap)
    Boots: Goreriders
    Weapon: Beast
    Rings: Raven Frost, NOT SURE YET
    Ammy: Mara's or Highlords Wrath -- Depending on if i need IAS or RES.
    Belt: Nosferatu Coil (+ 15% attack speed)

Switch: ?/CTA

end Stats:

IAS: 70%
    CB: 85%

My Questions:

1. How much IAS do you need from your equipment to get MAX attack speed (Fant skill maxed).

2. Im not sure about my weapon..is this the best for NON-LADDER.

3. What should i use for my other ring?

Note: This is for mainly a Smiter, looking for MAX attack speed, able to kill the 3 UBERS + dclone and able to MF a little bit (not amazingly obv)

****NON LADDER****

Please leave feedback! (If you think the equipment build sucks, post why, I am kinda new)

2. theredpredator

theredpredator IncGamers Member

Sounds okay.

Id use a enigma instead of duress. Teleporting is very handy when teleporting and name lock smite there.
    Gores, Guillaume is enough cb IMO.

When i get boring duelling i kill some ubers for fun with my pvp smiter. All i do is prebuff fade:

Guillaume
    Mara
    20ias res gloves
    Raven
    Dwarf
    TG
    Gores
    Eni
    Grief
    Exile

Tele, namelock. wait wait wait tele namelock tele tele namelock pick up save and exit. gg

edit: this is not what he wears when pvp ^^

edit2!: What are you thinking of accomplishing with a beast? U dont need the aura coz ur a smiter. Grief would be best for the ias, get a pb one and use highlords ur get a phase blade one and use mara. 34+ias grief ofc

edit3: Smiters are boring with pvm. They dont like teleporing and they arent crowd coockie cutters. You could ofc run Travi, pindle?, shenk eldrich.

Maybe with a merc using insight, you using arach, fcr with mana and energy ring you could tele to andy and mephi. Or even dont use a cta on switch(you dont need it for these weak bosses) and use a wizzie and a spririt on switch for fast teleporting lal. Nice combination with the merc, make it a holy freeze or might. He will already have big dmg and ias from your fana aura and also life tap for huge leech. Something like a coh and coa as gear would be nice.

You might even try for baal...

Youllf have enough mf from the enigma so gogogogogogo!

3. jaGen

jaGen IncGamers Member

Thanks for the reply, as for the beast, i thought Grief was only Ladder? maybe not....Thats what i thought i read...

My question still lies---- how much +ias on equipment do you need for max attackspeed? (fan maxd)

4. theredpredator

theredpredator IncGamers Member

Uhm a 34 grief BA would be enough if you got a extra 20 ias on ur equipment.
    Grief 34 PB doesnt need extra ias from eq.

Grief is only ladder yes. Try to trade for one.