Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Skills for IK Barb?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by calu, Feb 15, 2004.

1. calu

calu IncGamers Member

Best Skills for IK Barb?

ok i know this has been discussed 1000 times but bear with me :)
    so there's this standard barb:

eqp:
    ik set (go figure)
    rings: bul ring (5% baby yeeaah) / raven
    amu : metalgrid / mara

stats:
    str: 232 (for armor)
    vit: rest
    dex: base
    energy: burp

skills:
    20 mace mastery
    20 bo
    20 ww

now since i want my barb to handle both pvm and pvp (especially pvp) i was wondering which other 2 skills to max?

a) 20 berzerk
    20 shout (synergy for zerk and adds nice defense + duration for bo and bc)

b) 20 concentrate
    20 berzerk (zerk is a synergy to conc and allows me to handle the pi's)

c) ?
    ?

So that is my question...a,b or c which is it? Also any imput on the the eqp/stats is appreciated! plz help my poor and totally clueless baba ppl :D

2. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

if your having full IK you can forget zerk straight away because the Maul adds plenty of magic damage.

I'd max concentration and if your going for PvP shout might be a good option too as defence is something lacking in full IK with no shield and it plays a big part in PvP, especially barb v barb.

but as another note, if PvP is your main concern maybe IK set isnt the best option, its more of a PvM setup.

hope i gave u some stuff to think about

3. calu

calu IncGamers Member

but still wouldnt it be better to go zerk+shout instead of conc? i mean the damage dealt by zerk + magic damage of ik maul would rip things apart much faster and i prefere a good offense to a good defense

4. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

I'd think whirlwind's really nice with IK set because of the mana leech etc. Since you're always maxing battle orders concentration only deserves only 1 point because 5% ed/lvl isn't too great. Rather max mace mastery over it because you'll receive the bonusses with whirlwind/zerk too.

Imo 20 whirl/1 zerk/1 conc/20 BO/20 shout/1 battle com./20 mace mastery and the rest in masteries such as inc. speed.

5. calu

calu IncGamers Member

no offense soepgrente but plz read my first post before u reply ;)

6. LorD4rk

LorD4rk IncGamers Member

c) shout (max for def)
    iron skin (10)
    increase speed (5-12)
    conc (1)

. equip:
    ammy: highlord´s

cya.

7. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

I concur with Lord4rk. WW, BO, Shout, Mastery, and the rest of your points into ironskin is the best way to go on a whirler. No use pumping secondary attack skills, since they work find with one point in them, +skills, and each get 200% damage from your warcries anyways.

-Hal

8. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Yea well i gave you option C basically. I think you should take advantage of the elemental damage IK gives. Berserk is for huuuuge damaging weapons (BoTD thundermaul etc) in my opinion. Concentrate doesn't appeal to me, since it's single target and kills slow. Also 5% ed/lvl is too low as i said before. Therefor i suggested whirlwind :)

PS- that you use 1pt conc doesn't mean you can't use it, likewise with zerk.

EDIT- oh i missed that you're already maxing whirlwind no matter what. Then i'd go with zerk. The 20 shout/zerk looks good.

9. metalmario

metalmario IncGamers Member

Hey i juss made an IK barb my self and still havent added to any skill points, from what ive read ic that i need to add MAX ww to be able to kill at a reasonable rate but from what ive hurd from other people i need to u use something to kill bosses, so i know this is what the forum is exactly about but im juss looking for something concrete as a boss killer. Suggestions?
    - ryen

10. LorD4rk

LorD4rk IncGamers Member

- my ww´ler ikbarb kills every single boss in tha entire game no matter tha difficult level or how many players inside. do ya wanna less power and more safety? try 1pnt in conc like i´ve said before. NEVER FORGET THA POINTS INTO IRON SKIN with an ikset -ww barb.

cya.

11. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Ravenfrost and a high % LL ring would be nice for rings. And highlord's ammy for a little deadly strike.

Even seraph's hymn would be great to use.

12. Civ

Civ IncGamers Member

with a lvl77 ik ww barb i took down dclone in 5min. is that enough boss killing power for you :)

13. calu

calu IncGamers Member

hmm...from what ive read so far it seems that most ppl incline on more defense (aka shout+ironskin). But with zerk+shout considering that zerk does magic damage wouldnt my barb be able to deliver 1-2 hit kills in pvp? Plz consider that the pvp aspect is what really intrests me. I mean yea zerk leaves u defenseless but who cares when ur oponent is already dead. Conc on the other hand is phis damage so -50% from the start due to pdr items which everyone has.
    And pumping shout and ironskin as someone suggested would mean im only stuck with ww in pvp and no amount of defense is gonna make it any easier to survive a volley of fireballs/spirits anyway...the only way to really counter those is imo a good zerk on the noggin

btw thx for the input on eqp i think im gonna use highlord indeed (altho metalgrid seemed better suited for this build)

14. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Yeah, the magical damage on beserk seems nice for pvp, but you actually have to hit the enemy for it to work, and against mobiles, it's worthless, since you have to stop to swing, giving them time to run/tele out of range. In melee, it looks great on paper, but having 0 defense against something like a wolf or zealot sucks, since they'll whack you 5 times for sure...this is bad with berserk, since it CAN be interrupted when struck or blocking, unlike Conc or whirl, which both continue attacking regardless.

-Hal

15. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

Disclaimer: I know nothing about pvp.

That being said.. I have only two things to say.

1) Find me a dueller with magic resistance/magic absorb. Ah, right. There is barely any eq with that stat.

2) Isn't defense, like, important, or something?

16. calu

calu IncGamers Member

allright then so max shout and conc i suppose. Btw should i invest 1 point in berzerk for pi's? or is the hammer enough

17. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Yah, definately get a point of berserk, just because it still kills PIs a lot faster than the hammer alone, and it will let you kill IM enemies too without getting yourself killed.

-Hal

18. calu

calu IncGamers Member

okay thx halciet and everyone else who posted..im off now to make the barby
    HIIIIIIIIIIIIII (leap atack :))

19. All Wheel Drive

All Wheel Drive Banned

Especially PvP. Any PvPer will eat u alive with ur IK set. PvM works just fine, but not PvP...

20. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Any PvPer? you read any of the PvP guides over at the battle.net forums lately? I wondered over there when I coulden't get to these forums today. I'd say with the setup above you're pretty safe from a big % of PvPer's in pubby dules.

Any of the comments above were strictly sarcastic and should not be taken seriously by anyone, anytime, anywhere. :lol: