Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best sin for Nats Set

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by CEG, Apr 9, 2004.

1. CEG

CEG IncGamers Member

Best sin for Nats Set

What Assassin build benefits the most from Ful Nats set? I cant find the answer to this, sorry if its somewhere I should have looked.

2. amperel

amperel IncGamers Member

i was trying to find a best build for nat set too. and i believe ps build is the answer - which is what i have for my current ma sin. i specifically tweaked my build/gears around nat set as follow:

lvl82
    max ps
    max cot
    planning to max fof and boi
    5 in wb
    1 in df, bos, sm and mb
    rest in pre-requisite

str: 100 (+gears)
    dex: 50 (+gears)
    vit: rest
    nrg: base

helm, armor, boots, weapon1: nat set
    gloves: +2 ma rare gloves/soul drainer/dracul's
    weapon2: bartuc's
    weapons on switch: 2x +3 shadow skills claws
    belt: string
    ammy: +2 sin rare ammy
    ring1: raven
    ring2: dual leech rare ring
    charms: anni, life/resists/str/dex

+8 to all skills (+11 to ma/shadow skills)
    ~1450 life
    resists: all max in hell
    45%dr
    ~53% block (depending on gears)
    30mdr (depending on gears)
    and 6 empty sockets left for further enhancement

i hesitated whether or not to max all ma elemental skills but in the end decided to go for it just for fun - but i found out that it can be quite effective even in hell. the thing to remember about this build is to think of this build as a kind of fighter/mage - she uses melee skills to cast spells. consequently:
    - physical attack/dmg not as important as elemental dmg
    - more +skills gears = more elemental dmg

some may argue that fof and boi don't need to max but here's the advantages: boi for lit/fire immune and fof for bosses. and more importantly - it's incredibly fun to see little colored balls flying around you and making your own fireworks by setting off fire/ice/litghning blasts all at once!

3. Kaze

Kaze IncGamers Member

Just a question (btw i'm also a pure Phoenix Strike Sin :thumbsup: ) with ur base 50 dex and taking into account the dex bonus from raven , nats helm ... how u reach the 118 dex needed to equip the nats claw? well equiping first the bartucs with that 20 dex bonus ;) but then ur dominating claw would be the bartuc and not the Nats ... but .. if u weapon switch then to ur second slot and weapon switch back to Nats + Bartuc then the dominating becomes Nats?

4. Gimpy the magic mexican

Gimpy the magic mexican IncGamers Member

If your goin with dragon tail as a finisher, nats set isn't all that wonderful at that point due to its low kick damage.

Meh...

5. amperel

amperel IncGamers Member

good question - don't know the answer :p ... but my guess is no...
    my own set up is like this: nat's helm(30)+raven(20)+anni(20)=70 + 50=120 without bartuc's - so no problem there. still i don't think it's of any consequenses that u have to have nat's claw as primary claw - as all your attacks are doublw claw. except if u use dragon talon u want to make sure that the primary claw has the mod u want on your dt like crushing blow.

6. Phresh

Phresh IncGamers Member

from experience i know that trappers with nats claw are complete crap...so probably a pure martial sin or hybrid would be the best...but i would advise you to trade the set for more useful items