Best shield for smiter?

Ehein

Diabloii.Net Member
Phyrexial said:
An Up'ed Herald is the best in my opinion.
I agree, the only time exile is better is vs very good ww barbs when the huge defense does make a difference.

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
Phyrexial said:
An Up'ed Herald is the best in my opinion.
Hmmmm... I thought that eth sacred rondache with ed/ar is best for a smiter....

Other option might be Upped zoded Eth HoZ...

/Dec

smackme

Diabloii.Net Member
Decebal said:
Hmmmm... I thought that eth sacred rondache with ed/ar is best for a smiter....

Other option might be Upped zoded Eth HoZ...

/Dec
ED/AR does nothing to smite, only charge if you happen to use one, so 45res is more usefull.

ETH HoZ is only good when u need extra def... and it can't beat exile because of the defiance aura on exile.

From my personal experience:

I've met very good smiters with 4k+ life using Hoz, and crappy ones using exile... I think that HoZ would be better, and if you really need lifetap - get dracs :D

Cheers.

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
smackme said:
ED/AR does nothing to smite, only charge if you happen to use one, so 45res is more usefull.

ETH HoZ is only good when u need extra def... and it can't beat exile because of the defiance aura on exile.

From my personal experience:

I've met very good smiters with 4k+ life using Hoz, and crappy ones using exile... I think that HoZ would be better, and if you really need lifetap - get dracs :D

Cheers.
Ok! My knowledge of smiters is limited! :D
But should not a charger use 2- handed weapons? Like EBOTD Thundermaul? Or EBOTD Warpike?

So in conclusion upped HOZ is best for smiters compared to Exile?

/Dec

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
HoZ is more all around shield. i prefer HoZ over exile but a grip load of bnet pubbies cant live without life tap (prolly because thier build sucks?) so they claim exile is better. again.. i think HoZ is much better and provides more flexibility. (the strength lets you wear CoA and the open socket can be used with an um or ber.)

smackme

Diabloii.Net Member
Decebal said:
Ok! My knowledge of smiters is limited! :D
But should not a charger use 2- handed weapons? Like EBOTD Thundermaul? Or EBOTD Warpike?

So in conclusion upped HOZ is best for smiters compared to Exile?

/Dec
ebotd war pike/tmaul might be an option for pure charger only.
Many people, as myself, use charge as backup skill (to "one hit KO" casters for example :D) that's why I've mentioned charge.

HoZ seems to be "the shield of choice" for most players, exile works good vs. barbs. Your choice here :)

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
smackme said:
ebotd war pike/tmaul might be an option for pure charger only.
Many people, as myself, use charge as backup skill (to "one hit KO" casters for example :D) that's why I've mentioned charge.

HoZ seems to be "the shield of choice" for most players, exile works good vs. barbs. Your choice here :)
Never made a PvP zealot! So what i say its from what I read and theory!

But is eth upped hoz better for a smiter? Or just a upped hoz (Ber or um)

/Dec

jordy666

Diabloii.Net Member
Decebal said:
Never made a PvP zealot! So what i say its from what I read and theory!

But is eth upped hoz better for a smiter? Or just a upped hoz (Ber or um)

/Dec
eth doesnt give any smite dmg bonus.
and if u upp it, the eth def bonus is gone, so before preaching something, make sure you are right.

a upped ber HoZ, is what i think is the best :)

-jordy :king:

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
jordy666 said:
eth doesnt give any smite dmg bonus.
and if u upp it, the eth def bonus is gone, so before preaching something, make sure you are right.

a upped ber HoZ, is what i think is the best :)

-jordy :king:
Jordy I aint preaching! I was asking! :D
I understand what u are saying now! I stand corrected!

/Dec

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Upped HoZ AFAIK....

more dmg, +skills wich are soo very usefull for smite, resists, stats..... Need I say more?

Exile's only advantage (for smiters) is the 25% chance to cast Life Tap, wich turns your oponent into a walking juvie, and the high def from Defiance...

Exile should, however, prove more usefull in melee pubbies, where you'll have many persons engaging you in combat...Then, lifetap becomes much more important.