Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Shadow Master PVP Build?.

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by megazero, Jun 19, 2005.

1. megazero

megazero Banned

Best Shadow Master PVP Build?.

I want to make a assassin that has a maxed Shadow master that can kill well in pvp, so does anyone know a good sin that can do that, like a ally to help kill your foes, seems like cool idea, but im noobie so I dont know how effective it could be, any ideas from you smart people? :clap:

2. Speederländer

Speederländer Diabloii.Net Member

There is no build that focuses on SM that is effective in PvP. The only thing you can do is take a build that works (ww, kick, ww/kick, trap, etc.) and punch up SM. It's not a good use of skill points if you want to be effective, but try it and see. It might be fun.

3. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah Diabloii.Net Member

if only you could cast venom on other things besides yourself

4. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

How much difference is there between a base level SM and a maxed one in terms of how much damage they can tank? Is there a noticable difference or do both go down in 1 hit? I'm asking since I'll have ~15 spare points on my ghostsin...

5. Speederländer

15 spare points in SM won't get it to tank spirit or spear much more really. The only real gain from high level SM is she will sometimes actually inflict damage on sorcs or whatever. But it's totally not something you can depend on. Recast of a SM takes only a quick hotkey. Recast >> 15 skill points spent to get a little more life in your SM.

Spend those points on dragon flight, or MB (if not maxed), or even a few into talon to get a secondary attack that's handy in several situations. Or get your WB up a couple % (not recommended though unless you have nothing else to spend the points on).

6. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Points in dragon flight will be useless since I use non-upped duped resboots.
    Even if I did use, say shadow dancers, would extra points in df actually increase the damage enough to make a difference? I thought the physical damage was pathetic compared to venom anyway.

Right now I'm considering WB or SM. I'll probably split the remaining points between those...

Dragon talon was an interesting idea though, but will most likely fail with my crappy boots (and I cant upgrade them beyond exceptional anyway since I'll only have ~120-130 str).
    However, I doubt there is any situation where dt is preferable over ww...
    Mind enlightening me? =)

7. Speederländer

200 FCR sorcs are pretty much impossible to catch with ww or trap stun-lock. The only thing you can do (and it's REALLY effective), is to equip fury on your primary hand and go chasing with teleport. When you get on their screen, you attempt to DF them. It takes a lot of practice, but with only a few hits and high OW, you can reduce their life to 1. If your master is out, they will often finish them with a mindblast from 2+ screens away.

And you will be labeled an auto-aimer, over and over and over again. :cool:

8. Speederländer

I use talon very often vs. sorcs, necs, and wind druids. It is more accurate generally than ww and allows for better stunning capacity since it has a faster attack.

9. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

I see. Doesn't everyone ALWAYS use fury as primary btw??

Hmm, maybe it's a matter of preferance then. I think I'll stick with ww since I'm more familiar with it, but it sure sounds interesting. Maybe if I ever rebuild with shadow dancers...