Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Revives for Hell Ancients?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by moby, Feb 27, 2004.

1. moby

moby IncGamers Member

Best Revives for Hell Ancients?

Very soon now my Brother's ConcBarb and may SekellieMancer will be having a little chat with the Hell Ancients. This will be our fist time facing them in Hell Ladder.

Question: Any suggestions for what type of Revives my necro should take with him into this battle? And where these revives are most easily found?

It will most likely just be the two of us.

Thanks

-moby

2. det

det IncGamers Member

If Moonlords (or bloodlords) spawn for you somewhere, take them

3. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

I like a mixture of Moonlords and Council Members.

4. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

As stated, Moonlords does actually deal some damage. Otherwise, anything that has alot of HP, as their main mission would be to hold the Ancients in place. Just see to it you don't take ranged summons as they aren't very good at keeping things in place... :lol:

5. DFA-FrstbyteOO

DFA-FrstbyteOO IncGamers Member

Moonlords or "Frenzytaurs" is what I always use. they can be found in the Ancients Way on your way to the summit IIRC. (if not there one of those damn icy tunnels :) )

6. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Dude, Urdars (Blunderbones?) or Threshers (big tree guys) from act5 all the way (if you can't find Frenzytaurs I suppose :grrr: ). I don't know if their attacks actually stun the Ancients (they stun players, why not the 3 Babas), but they have soooo many hitpoints and seem to be resistant to everything. The only character I have that can take them down in a reasonable amount of time is my Orb Sorc, and that's cuz she's got around lvl 18 Cold Mastery.

You'll still want to keep your distance though. The Leaper will Leap at you as long as you're on screen, and the WW guy can slice right through any pack of minions. They don't get distracted too easily either... gogo improved 1.10 AI.

7. sohcan

sohcan IncGamers Member

I agree with the suggestions above and I have my own rule of thumb for revives. Anything that would scare me if I ran into them with a might aura makes a good revive because chances are the necro or someone will have a might merc. A mixture of tanking heavy hitters and ranged attackers can be handy too, for example some thorned hulks and skelly archers from act5 would make for a nice pack for laying the hurt on the ancients.

8. terrymanning

terrymanning IncGamers Member

Quill rats from Act 1 hell difficulty? I've seen those kill characters in a blink of an eye. They scare the crap out me sometimes but I doubt they would even scratch the Ancients. :lol: I know what you mean though.

TM

9. sohcan

sohcan IncGamers Member

LMAO Thats no ordinary quillrat! LOOK AT THE BONES!

10. Silkweed

Silkweed IncGamers Member

When I did Hell Ancients with my summoner, I decided I would be very devilish and made a detour to Durance 2. The Ancients never stood a chance against my might enchanted Undead Stygian Doll revives.

11. moby

moby IncGamers Member

Never thought of dolls. My brother hates it when I revive those little bastards. Scares the crap out of him :) They are fast, hit ok, but I don't think they have a lot of HP do they?

-moby

12. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Any revives handy other than skellie archers/mages or other range attackers.

The Ancinets wont last 180 seconds if you approach them wiht the proper tactics.

My Skellymancer had 5 revives (until recently when I got Trangs set) and with 10 Skellies, and 5 revives I never had a problem.

The key is Decrep and dont let them out of decrep.
    The second key is if you see amp TP
    Finally if you see an FE/CE or FE/LE TP as its death willl hurt badly and you just never know when that leaper or WW guy may move just before your minion lands the final blow.

I have basically solowed these guys 15-20 times and a couple times with NO BO using my tactic and you will be fine.

If you wish you can also use Prison on the thrower to take him out of the mix a while. If you use Spirit or Spear, focus on one wiht that to speed it up. The first kill is the tuff one and after that its easy.

VERY FIRST MOVE is to DECREP THE WORLD.....then check mods, Amp will cast almost immediately if one is cursed so that is easy to see and have a TP in your belt ot hotkeyed!

Ancinets are big babies under decrep with reasonable mods!

13. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

A Summoner should have no problem with the ancs, even with his basic skellies.

If you want revives, the fastest and most easily located good revives are right off the Canyon of the Magi wp. Crusher beasts are plentiful, have lots of hps and pack a punch with might. Another option are physical immunes such as the spectres form the arcane santuary.

Just have your friend stay at the summit while u get your revives then tp straight in...otherwise revives tend to get "lost" on the way if you have to walk.

Make sure that you cast a golem or that minions are standing immediately next to the leaper. As long as something is on melee range, he won't leap. Then prison/bone wall the thrower. All ancs can move through bone walls/prisons, so don't try and isolate the two melee guys, they'll just walk right through (or even worse..leap). The axe thrower tends to stay in one spot and the wall/prison will block his axes.

Decripfy everything in sight until u can see what mods spawned. You can always change to amp later if things look under control to speed killing/remove physical immunities.

Overall, I've also solo'd the ancs numerous time with a summoning necro. A sorc with static speeds the process up, but isn't required.

goodluck,

Prez

14. Starkey

Starkey IncGamers Member

when i was doing anicents for friends in hell id use those moonlords with venomus snakes from nillys chamber they are deadly

15. durph

durph IncGamers Member

ya I like the snake guys to or anything that will mob the ancients right away. I revive stuff when doing them because being safe is number 1 priority...but it really doesnt matter they are.

16. Silkweed

Silkweed IncGamers Member

The snakes from Nihlithak's dungeon scare the piss out of me. I've heard horror stories about people being attacked at the entranceway and dying in one hit because of some bug with the poison damage. Entire parties have been wiped out this way. No boss packs, just the regular vipers.

I'd far rather take my chances with the Ancients than go down to the Halls of Vaught...

17. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

For the best summon to take damage Urdars are indeed the superior choice, they have amazing regen and hpts...and resistances. Basically they will last longer, which is what you want

18. Starkey

Starkey IncGamers Member

yeah the stun guys are a good choice but get ya hands on the snakes and you'll see what they can do they are damn nasty also they are my choice for dclone 10 of these babys he does'nt have a chance.

19. det

det IncGamers Member

I am with you on this one and can confirm the one-hit-death. Not our entire party dying there, but the beloved Necro of KTA [1.0]. I am not going down there anymore..unless a patch 1.11 makes it vital to proceedings.