Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best PvP Necromancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by aznwarrior, Sep 12, 2006.

1. aznwarrior

aznwarrior IncGamers Member

Best PvP Necromancer

I havent made a necromancer since 1.07 and I have been reading some of the posts and apprently there are three PvP necros. Bone, Poison and Poison/Bone Necros. Anyways i was just wondering which would be the best for PvP. I also have enough to buy all the best items. Anyways thanks in advance.

2. Koshio

Koshio IncGamers Member

Honestly, a summoner/bone hybrid will destroy all. Either that, or go for a pure bone with godly bone armor.
    In my experience dueling against necromancers, there are two types of PvP necros. There are the paper-thin defended ones who teleport around with their massive FCR and try to take things out without being hit. These do well on their own, espescially with a bit of skill and some bone prisoning, but they're fairly easily defeatable by catching a straight shot at them (No golem in the way.)
    Then there are the summon/bone hybrids who have less firepower but have an army of summons just hanging out on top of them. This essentially makes them invincible. The fact that no one can get a direct shot at them without a splash damage attack is only half of the story. You've still got the bone armor to get through, and then since this necromancer will probably be well geared, you've got 50% PDR, max resists and very high health. This necromancer can sit and laugh while people try to kill him and he still blows them away with high damage spear(it)s.

What necromancer do you want to be?

3. clairetay

clairetay IncGamers Member

Pure boner --> 2 types maybe ( vit or max block )
    actually not much diff in both builts beside the different placement in stats.. but for pvp i would suggest block unless u r really that godly in controlling him lol... but still a good player will get u some day n with bone armour u would have extra def.... N dont forget yur trusty clay golem, never leave home w/o 1 his yur best friend lolx. A max block n dr necro could survive a smite or 2 n maybe some wws.. Unless u plan to tele a few screens n spam IBS which i find it boring...

As for the summon/bone mention just my 2 cents they r not all that godly, high damage spear? If u said these when it was marrow walk bug period then i would say its the best. Now it more or less depends on yur skill setup if u r more on the summon side then u WILL NOT have enough damage on yur spear. i would say most of the time if u r lucky u can max spear & wall maybe?
    N if u r on the bone side & a weak summon... i dont even think its worth it.. i myself have tried both a bone/revive(revive coz it uses less points thus more damaging bone) & a poison/summon... n i can tell u a poison/summon is slightly better >_> ask garion he knows ;p

4. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Well ive got a 89 pure boner and hes pretty good at getting the job done when it comes to pubbys.
    Pure Boner is the best necro pvp build,it requires great skill and dedication.

Hybrids are boring, just summon your little skellies and off you go, tele next to em and spam BS and BANG, there dead.Not much skill needed.

Being "invincible" is boring, getting beat by an experienced dueler and learning from your mistakes is how you get better, not by blindingly pwning everyone.

5. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

When Marrow walk bug existed a hybrid was a godly PVP build. Without the real help of the marrow walk bug go pure bone mancer for PVP. Much more damage and hey, at least you have no minions for the fire druid to laugh about once they go through a fissure (lol).

My vote pure bone PVP.

6. aznwarrior

Personally i dont like summons because it gets annoying. So im still debating over pure bone or nova/bone hybrid. so which u guys think would be better?

7. sHu skeet

sHu skeet IncGamers Member

I don't think you'll be very effective as a hybrid. You'll need to synergize a skill and in order to do so you really need to focus in one direction. I have a pure pvp novamancer who uses fire golem as a finisher and I'm putting 1 pt in all of the bone skills, but the remaining points in spirit to give decent damage as a second attack. I just thought a novamancer would be more interesting/uncommon than a pure boner. Your call

8. aznwarrior

actually i was thinking of doing exactly what u did. Max out nova then reminaing points into either spear or spirit to as a 2nd attack

9. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

I was thinking of making a bonemancer for gay pks since I get really annoyed when I try to duel GM with my fury/rabies shifter and smiters or sorcs kill me during bo/summon and then nk me and I havent said a word or dueled yet. I'm reduced to dueling pubby on east because I disagree with some gear rules. I always wanted to try a necromaner and was in the process of a bonemancer when I quit a little over a year ago. So for something along the lines of a cheap (not inexpensive, the other cheap) pker, would you got pure bone with good armor and max block, or throw some lag+shield summon/revives in there (even if they suck, only a point in?). I know a pker sounds bad...but, I need to enlist the help of a necro.

IMC :grin:

10. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

making a boner godly costs a crapload but with just enigma and attaining 125% FCR with just normal skillers you can do well in the dueling environment. Only physical damage and magic damage can't be absorbed and physical can be PDR making magic damage the least absorbed. That said -forget minions, just get clay golem and max bone skills/synergies and you can compete with virtually anyone, even with poor mans gear. After a while though, you will want to go back to your more challenging pvp build:smiley:

11. IMCanadian

Well, I have wealth and im more or less building this necro in defense of my poor shifter (who substancily drained my wealth lol) since pubbies can get dangerous. You wouldnt happen to know the price of plain pnbs on east ladder, wuld u? I'm not a very good traded and things have changed since my last time playing (ie. My 200ed eth titans gone for 1hr..yeh, that bad:shocked:). Sorry to take over the thread sorta...

12. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

I do not know the cost of plain P&B but they can not be that much anymore. I have not traded for quite some time. Someone in the forum may have a good idea of the current value on ladder. I may even have a normal plain somewhere. What is your account on ladder & I will check and try and get back to you.

13. IMCanadian

Hydr0lisk2, b166er (CB. is my new one but I wont be playing much ATM).

Edit: oh lol where are my manners, TY very much!!

14. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

just contact me and if I am on I will help *gotchapvp2

15. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

Summons in dueling are easily made useless or even counter effective against a moderate to good dueler. Barb's can Howl them away, Wolfs can infect them with Rabies and it will spread to you, Smiters often with Exiles will Life Tap them and leech from them, and virtually all casters suffer little to no penalty while casting spells in your direction even with summons in the way. Fire Ball for example hits a radius, Lightning travels through everything (same with assassin traps), Frozen Orb might have a few bolts blocked but will quickly kill the skellies, and Blizzard is either going to hit you or not, skellies aren't a good meat shield for it. Bonemancers imo are the best, but Poison Nova can be really good and fun against other casters and melee duelers not set up very well against casters.