Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best pvm necro summoner?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by sherkas, Oct 6, 2006.

1. sherkas

sherkas IncGamers Member

Best pvm necro summoner?

I need some advice from some players.

What is your favorite and best play style necro summoner?

I need a pvm summoner who can kill fast/fastest with greatest mf capabilities.

Right now I have a semi golem/revive summoner and hes ok... Im just atthe point of having no items (im new to ladder uswest) So all I have is a enigma and its starting to take a while to kill things. I can kill but it takes FOREVER and there has to be a better way if not... well.. thats what I needto know.

What would be the best type of pvm summoner (fastest killing with mf ability)?

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Any summoner with maxed CE and a point in Amplify Damage.

3. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

I agree with that.

throw in a might merc too ^^

4. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

5. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

what more you need than enigma?

might merc
    amp dmg
    ce
    + skills
    and in your case mf..

tele = key, ce = power :thumbsup:

after this comes practise etc..

6. Enilias

Enilias IncGamers Member

Infinity maybe for the conviction aura, it makes ce just so much more pewerfull. And your mages, and the skeletons hit more. Although even without infinity you'll hve no problems at all in the wsk.

7. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

I've noticed that, we dont have many guides besides Nightfish's about summoners. My prefered guide
    20 Raise Skeleton
    20 Skeleton Mastery
    20 Skeleton Mages
    20 Corspe Explosion
    5 Curses (Amplify and Decriptify, Iron maiden for duels)
    1 Bone Armor
    1 Golem Mastery
    1 Clay Golem
    1 Summon Resist
    2 Golem Prequisites
    Thats pretty much it, grab an act 2 might merc and throw a coh, guillaimes, abd infinity on him for the conviction aura, crushing blow and stacked resists. Put all extra points (that skill setup only brings you to lvl 81) into golem.

8. Enilias

Enilias IncGamers Member

I'd say get Terror too if you ever want to do Uber Tristram. It's a great curse for keeping the bosses' summons away. I also got 1 point Lower Resist for the monsters that are PI and stay PI even with amp.

9. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Terror is a prerequisite for Decrepify, so he'll have it anyway. Dim Vision is another must, as is Life Tap for keeping your merc alive (flash it on the monster he's attacking for a second, then switch back to amp once he's fine). My latest fishy isn't using Attract, Confuse or Lower Resist, I've yet to find a use for them over Amp/Decrep/LifeTap.

Also, Revive is almost a must for summoners (I don't see it in your post). 1 point gives you an extra kick to your army and they receives the bonuses from Skeleton Mastery.

I don't use Bone Armor, but that's a personal preference. Minion stack upon teleporting provides somewhat of a shield against attackers. Normally I'm sitting behind 40 or more minions, only piercing attacks get through.

The rest of the skill points should go to Golem Mastery after the main skills are maxed. That gives you the option of making a sturdy Iron Golem if you wanted to.

I guess someone could write a pure summoner guide, but that would just be Nighfish's guide with max Magi. And I believe he mentions it as an option for left over skill points too.

10. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

imo attract is very useful in gettin the frist corps in 8 ppl game.
    as it will take sometime for ur merc to kill monsters in later act.
    it is asepcially useful if there is physical range attackers near by.

although i agreen with u that revive r very poweful but i hvn't find myself using it
    becoz my skellies just eats everything in the game so fast that i dun really need revive to kick the extra mad killing power

i think for the curse tree it's still good to have all the curse.
    lr just rocks with 8 ppl game where there is about 4-5 sorcs.
    and it still works pretty well with ur ce and mage
    infact it works better then amp if the monster is not fire immue or dun hv much fire resistance, since all monster hv 50% physical resistance in hell..:thumbsup:

11. USElf

USElf IncGamers Member

for me, I have 2xx mf on my summoner and I tried to use skulders and insight on my merc, which gives extra 120+ mf... which makes a huge diff... got gheed and homu and 27% mara after that...

it worth a try to boost merc's mf...

12. LRSAIA

LRSAIA IncGamers Member

for a first time back on realms in 2 years what is the best "bang for the buck" gear and what would one have to pay for it to get a hell viable fishymancer? I'm thinking trang's with AOKL, can't afford SOJ's, and xx for ammy? The trade forum seems very detailed if you are looking for runeword or elite unique, or torch/anni values but a bit less detailed when it comes to "damn I'm starting from scratch after a couple years" type items. I'm on US east under *hot-rod-benz Thanks for any wisdom in advance, sorry if this partially belongs in trade forum but no help has been found there.

THX

13. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Also don't forget that once you raise your skellies, you can take off all of your plus skills. You will lost a skelly or two, but they will have the good stats from the raised sm and rs.

So after you use your summong weapons, switch to alibaba and rhyme, put on an mf/res ammy in place of your +3 summoning skills ammy, and you quickly can have some huge mf with little loss in killing speed. CE is your friend to kililng fast.

Of course that is too much work for a meph run, but with you necro you shouldn't be running meph anyway (at least not exclusivly). One thing about necro mf'ing that I adhere to is that you have the ability to kill all monsters and not just the big ones. Your goal is to kill all unique monsters, because they all can have good drops. I have found more hoz's in act 1 hell with non-mf characters than I have in meph/baal/pindle/anyone runs with mf characters.

So mf in a place with a high density of unique monsters and the items will flow in. I personally like to do tomb runs in chaos games, they seem to have a uniuqe in every other room and you can just tele there, clear room with CE, pick up loot and move on.