Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Pride Polearm for my WF Strafazon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by jonbendale, Apr 14, 2005.

1. jonbendale

jonbendale IncGamers Member

Best Pride Polearm for my WF Strafazon

I'm getting set up to make "Pride" for my Merc, but want to get a 4OS Etheral Polearm before I start collecting the runes, as I just had a Cham "poof" on me that I traded my Anni for. :mad:

I was thinking that IAS would be a little more important than overall damage with some of the mods involved with striking.

I also would like to keep the strength below 200 to free up my helm/armor choices for the lower level mercs, which rules out a 4OS Etheral Colossus Voulge, which are much cheaper to get.

I currently have "Stone" armor & "Dream" helm on my Might merc.

Strafazon has shaled WF, Highlords, Mavs diadem with 15%IAS jewel, "Fortitude" armor, GoreRiders, LOH, 2xRavenfrosts, Nof coil for her killing gear. (Loved her IAS speed even better when I had an extra 15% IAS on her for total of 120)

Back to the point...which one is best for Pride and the above setup?
    - Etheral 4OS Thresher
    - Etheral 4OS Giant Thresher
    - Etheral 4OS Cryptic Axe
    - Other?

2. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Pride should be made into 4soc eth thresher, that gives your merc about 2frames faster jab when compared to CA/CV. And speed is pretty important considering there are many extra mods on the rw. I also like low req. on the thresher, so I can put it on the merc much earlier than a CV.

Fast jabbing merc will turn many monsters into blue statues because of Freezes target and blindness mods.

Giant threshers are about the same as threshers, but these are among the rarest items in the game (in the last 2 months of playing, I only saw 3 of them drop), so I must assume they're very expensive.

I have so far created 2 thresher prides (19 and 20 aura), and I've been very satisfied with them. You should do the same.

3. jonbendale

Thanks for the affirmation, as that's what I was thinking.

I have a trade listed for 2 Ists for one, but haven't gotten any response. US-East Ladder Trade value forum lists it at one Ist...
    And, no, I'm not trying to get a trade going, just asking advice.

Should I offer more for it?

4. jonbendale

Another question, with the rune market the way it is, the RPGtraders.net site is tough to get HR's, is it easier to just trade online when it's busy than to use the RPGtraders website when it comes to getting a Cham?

Also, what have some others paid for their Chams lately? Again the USEast Ladder forums don't have a specific price listed. 2.3.4 or more Ists?

5. Leohappy

1 ist is good enough, maybe ist+mal max for non sup. It's just that 4s threshers are pretty rare(although not THAT rare), and many people like to keep them on mules for their personal use =).

I needed 2 days of trading to get a 4s eth thresher for my 2nd pride some time ago =/, and even then the guy was offering it - I got lucky I guess.

6. jonbendale

I think you're right, is just the rarity.

I have 2-3 4OS Cryptic axes and a thresher, but I figured if I'm going to build it, to do it right, and was going to go for Etheral instead.

7. jonbendale

I think you're right, is just the rarity.

I have 2-3 4OS Cryptic axes and a thresher, but I figured if I'm going to build it, to do it right, and was going to go for Etheral instead.

When you trade online, do you just hang out in the trade chat room, or do you have better luck making a "Ist4EthThresher4OS" game and waiting?

8. Leohappy

Well when I need some rare stuff like that, I usually make sure I make everyone know I need it and what I offer (that usually softens people somewhat). I usually ask for it in exp games (usually once every few baal runs to avoid anger from other players), trade games, I post messages in trade channels and I also make games like N 4s eth threshr etc. Ofc I also look if other people are offering such an item. I also ask my friends to msg me immediately if they see someone offering it in a pub game/trade chan/forum.