Best Poison Pierce Possible

Pailon

Diabloii.Net Member
Best Poison Pierce Possible

Currently I am working on getting Trang's set and just need Guise (curses to you Diablo!!!!) but I've seen that it only gives 25% pierce. I am pretty sure Death's Web gives another 40% or such and I'm curious on how to get higher than 65%. I don't even know where to get facets and in my whole weekend haven't seen any (XD still going so mabye I'll be lucky. Sides I think that they are reaallly hard to get) So is there any equipment that gives poison pierce? or even poison dmg % like Trang's Claws?

Rawness

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Best Poison Pierce Possible

Bramble.
3 items of Trangs (must include shield)
Death's Web
Rainbow Facettes are the only items that supply poison damage % and -poison resistance

RealmOftheWolf

Diabloii.Net Member

3 piece trangs gives -25% on the shield and +25% on the gloves.
Deaths web gives -40 to 50 to poison resists
Good level Lower resist can give -60

So with those 3 your at -100 minimum.

Facets drop anywhere in hell and can be +3-5/-3-5.

zrk

Diabloii.Net Member

bramble isnt a good option from a practical view point though(compared to enigma)

RealmOftheWolf

Diabloii.Net Member

I wouldnt say over rated as much as unneeded in this case......Kinda hard to not like teleport on anyone :/

Pailon

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm a pvm build... .-. I don't need teleport... And I can't teleport on peoples

Well at least I can get decent poison pierce... Time to continue my 3 day long mf spree.

zrk

Diabloii.Net Member

Haha, compare your run times with and without teleport. Even on a slow casting char like an amazon its big help

bobygeo

Diabloii.Net Member

Teleportation is so over-rated...
:thumbup:

death web perf : -50
4 facet in trang shield , armor , helm , weapon : -20
3 trang items : -25

-95 psn res from items +
-61 from lower resist lvl16 (with just 1 point)

cheers

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Haha, compare your run times with and without teleport. Even on a slow casting char like an amazon its big help
Consider kill speed.

Teleport and take two-three tries to kill things or run by and kill in one pass?

zrk

Diabloii.Net Member

Im not sure what you mean by more tries but teleporting brings merc and skells for more dps, allows best positioning, moves way faster than running

ancalagon

Diabloii.Net Member

Best poison pierce? Forget about 3 piece trangs ... and resists arent gonna be nice im warning you ... but here's a max damage novamancer ...

DWeb with poison facet
4xfacet 4 os armor (Better to go bramble, but if you're looking for max pierce ...)
4xfacet monarch
2xfacet 2socket +3pnb circlet
arach
trangs gloves
2 x soj
3pnb 100 life ammy
your choice of boots

9x skillers, torch, anni, bo and skill shrine

remember facets and -res from DWeb are the same, they reduce enemies psn res and also reduce enemy plr, increasing your poison duration. Lower resist only stacks on the -poison res, not the -plr.

chien

Diabloii.Net Member

I second to Zrk's opinion. I've tried both. Enigma is much better. Bramble or other give you more damage or pierce but you don't kill as fast.

Chien

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Im not sure what you mean by more tries but teleporting brings merc and skells for more dps, allows best positioning, moves way faster than running
This works if you're hybridizing with skeletons and not playing a poisonmancer.

arbing

Diabloii.Net Member

Having the ability to teleport, IMHO, is well worth the 50% more damage from Bramble (I know it is alot).

zrk

Diabloii.Net Member

This works if you're hybridizing with skeletons and not playing a poisonmancer.
poison mancer has the spare points anyway.. though merc is the main physical dmg guy in any case

chien

Diabloii.Net Member

poison mancer has the spare points anyway.. though merc is the main physical dmg guy in any case
True. You can have skelly or bone shield either way. Yes, to above post, teleport>>50% damage increase(even it is hard to get a perfect roll, I roll a 47 one and I'm already pretty happy).

Chien

Pailon

Diabloii.Net Member

...for info, I am a non hybrid just a simple poison mancer w/ Bone armor and synergies to boost it. I have no use for summons here due to me never using amp to help them. Sides BA should be a good enough Meat wall and my merc should be decent as well. At least I got the HIGHEST possible one and for it I could add some resist charms or such. (even though there is only space for 7-8 haven't done math I'm lazy)

chien

Diabloii.Net Member

...for info, I am a non hybrid just a simple poison mancer w/ Bone armor and synergies to boost it. I have no use for summons here due to me never using amp to help them. Sides BA should be a good enough Meat wall and my merc should be decent as well. At least I got the HIGHEST possible one and for it I could add some resist charms or such. (even though there is only space for 7-8 haven't done math I'm lazy)
Skelly and BA serve the same purpose-- meat shield. It should be fine with either one. Resist is important if you plan to run chaos/baal. Only ok resist requires for pit runs. My routine: Bloody Hill for quick kill and get some skellys, Baal, Chaos, Counsils, Meph, Pits, towers, Andy. He runs almost all bosses without problem :)

Chien

Pailon

Diabloii.Net Member

>.< You know you can take Pindle's garden for corpses right?

I have decided to make a more max dmg build and 20 SM and 20 Smagey. It'd do moar dmg with the lower resist and would kill in Hell for a bit while I'm looking for my Death's Web.